[silva] No Nfl Team Has Fewer High-value Assets Than Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[silva] No Nfl Team Has Fewer High-value Assets Than Dolphins

I said at the start of the season the Browns had more talent than us and that Mayfield was a better QB than Tannehill and got laughed at.

This team has screwed itself with the constant battle each year to try and make the playoff while piddling around .500 and then blowing the draft pick.

we have 0 high value assets. tunsil and minkah got burned regularly and howard spends plenty of time in ir

I’d say if you went down that saints roster and did what I did in terms of where a player was drafted and what the players value now would be you’d find that New Orleans kicks your *** with it.

Offense defense you name it. That dude Sheldon rankings can ball he may be the most improved interior player in the league. That safety Williams I think his name is can ball that o line has studs almost all across it. They have cam Jordan one of the best edge players both ways in football. I can go on.

Marcus Davenport was really coming on before his injury. I'd expect him to have a really strong second year. They also have one of the best OL's in the league.

I do like late day three picks in this scenario. I think it would be wonderful for the Dolphins to just have a firesale. All vets must go! Stockpile tons of 5th, 6th, and 7th round picks. Draft ammunition.

If we are going to blow it up -- and that definitely seems to be the plan -- then let's do it right.

They are just very low asset gains. You could probably put 3 5th round picks together and not even land a 4th rounder back out of it.

And you darn sure can’t move anywhere up in the top 50 with it just low level return assets.

We can argue about schemantics all day long. Here's how I would go about quantifying what high value assets mean.

1) Talent: First and foremost, you're looking at roughly top 10 at his position
2) Position: You're looking for high value positions:
#1 QB
#2 DE
#3 LT
#4 CB
#5 WRs
3) Age: Young players obviously have more value for the productive time remaining, but the other factor here is contract... Rookie contracts are EXTREMELY valuable.

You do the maths...

roster 2018
qb?? draft qb grier wva 13th pick
RB avg
TE avg to below avg expect them to get better in yr 2.
wr above avg when everybody health
ol need work but main problem I see they need add og and keep same guy intact..
dt avg need add run stopper
de need add DE to mix in F/A or draft.
lb avg at best
cb need add another CB to mix. one solid CB X and good boundry CB
SS 3 good ss/fs
special team was good this yr.
5 to 8 win in 2019

Back
Top Bottom