similar situation a couples years back!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

similar situation a couples years back!!

Can we win a SB said:
Do any of you guys and girls remember when the Eagles were on the clock in the 1999 draft. Eagles fans wanted Ricky Williams, were chanting his name so loud , it was time to pick and the Eagles select Donovan Mcnabb.. I remember all those boos he got, it turns out to be it was a smart choice.

im not trying to say anything but if we select alex smith how many fans do u think will be upset if they dont pick Ronnie Brown.. I really want Ronnie Brown over anyone. He reminds me like Cris Brown from the titans, and the kid can play.

PLEASE DRAFT BROWN

I think there is going to be a lot of unhappy fans that are fixated on drafting a runner at #2 if we don't trade down, it won't happen.

It will be Smith or a tradedown.

I think a lot of us, including me, want a RB because it is an obvious need and its a far more impact pick in the short term. We all want to see the team win everytime it goes out, not say we're gonna lose now but in five years we'll be better because of it and because we drafted the young QB. I think that we might be better off in the long term drafting a QB, but I'm still rooting for an RB because I like Feely and think he hasn't gotten a fair enough shot. His arm is a cannon and he can improve on his shortcomings. I'm rooting RB, but QB may be a good bet for us.

BlueFin said:
I think there is going to be a lot of unhappy fans that are fixated on drafting a runner at #2 if we don't trade down, it won't happen.

It will be Smith or a tradedown.

Yep. Its instant gratification for these fans.

They would rather be good now, than great later.

I don't think Saban will take a RB anywhere in the first half of Round 1. He consistently mentions long term value when talking about the draft. There is no value in the RB market as evidenced by the fact that Edge, Shaun Alexander and Travis Henry are being shopped at a discount and still no takers. I would not be surprised if Miami traded down into the lower half of round 1 before making a pick.

phinpunk14 said:
I mentioned this earlier today in another thread. I would hate for our fans to pull something like that. Its one thing to blast the coaching staff after the draft but don't boo a kid when he just completed his dream of making it pro.

Hopefully Miami has a HUGE turnout in NY on Saturday. It would be great to see a sea of aqua & orange on the tv all day Saturday & Sunday. Also, I don't believe that Saban will give them anything to boo about...we will all be happy come Monday, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom