similar situation a couples years back!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

similar situation a couples years back!!

Can we win a SB

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do any of you guys and girls remember when the Eagles were on the clock in the 1999 draft. Eagles fans wanted Ricky Williams, were chanting his name so loud , it was time to pick and the Eagles select Donovan Mcnabb.. I remember all those boos he got, it turns out to be it was a smart choice.

im not trying to say anything but if we select alex smith how many fans do u think will be upset if they dont pick Ronnie Brown.. I really want Ronnie Brown over anyone. He reminds me like Cris Brown from the titans, and the kid can play.

PLEASE DRAFT BROWN

Can we win a SB said:
Do any of you guys and girls remember when the Eagles were on the clock in the 1999 draft. Eagles fans wanted Ricky Williams, were chanting his name so loud , it was time to pick and the Eagles select Donovan Mcnabb.. I remember all those boos he got, it turns out to be it was a smart choice.

im not trying to say anything but if we select alex smith how many fans do u think will be upset if they dont pick Ronnie Brown.. I really want Ronnie Brown over anyone. He reminds me like Cris Brown from the titans, and the kid can play.

PLEASE DRAFT BROWN

I think we all have our favorites, but if Saban chooses someone we don't want at #2, he'll still get a honeymoon period to get the kid to where he wants him, if the kid's a burst, Saban will hear about it from this fan base. We are nortorious for our disapproval in the stands.. :D

i know that, but back in the 1999 draft, they were so loud and rude they even booed mcnabb while he was being interviewed..lol.. also could be that eagles fans are d!ckheads

Can we win a SB said:
i know that, but back in the 1999 draft, they were so loud and rude they even booed mcnabb while he was being interviewed..lol.. also could be that eagles fans are d!ckheads

Bingo. Philly fans are horrible. No matter who we pick I expect the Miami fans to cheer because Miami fans cheer their players until they proove they don't deserve it.

I mentioned this earlier today in another thread. I would hate for our fans to pull something like that. Its one thing to blast the coaching staff after the draft but don't boo a kid when he just completed his dream of making it pro.

phinpunk14 said:
I mentioned this earlier today in another thread. I would hate for our fans to pull something like that. Its one thing to blast the coaching staff after the draft but don't boo a kid when he just completed his dream of making it pro.
sorry about that posting a thread that was mentioned already. didnt really see anything. anyways u have a great point in booing a kid out and completing his dream of making it pro. most of these athletes come from bad backgrounds and horrible pasts that when they hear there name called upon at the draft that they start to cry. yet to be booed after u worked your whole teenage life and past to get to this point get booed whne u havent played a snap for the team yet is sad. we all know how staying out of trouble as a teenager is hard

Can we win a SB said:

You hit that D**k on the head...

Can we win a SB said:

Do you know that till this very day some fans still bemoan the selection of D. McNabb, the latest citing McNabb's fatigue at the end of the SB. eagles fans don't deserve Mcnabb i'm not saying he's the end all be all but in a draft where the other qbs are either out of the league or barely hanging on, eagles fans should be grateful that thier FO made the right decision. and whats even more if mcnabb wore almost any other teams colors he would be cheered for his role as very good qb/role model...as for the dolphins Saban has a grace period for this pick/draft. dolphins fans will reserve judgement until the player shows himself to be a good pick or a bust. For all those who not just opine but INSIST they know what direction coach saban is going in, there is no comparative sample, with all the bs and false rumors swirling i think we need to see atleast one saban draft before we can pronounce that we know his line of thinking. One thing is for sure, for everything that has occurred so far Saban has earned my short term trust,how about you?...

Can we win a SB said:

PLEASE DRAFT BROWN
I know this wasn't your objective, but this brings up a good point. Let assume Ricky didn't quit football and continued to play at the same high level he was at. Who would you rather have McNabb or Ricky? Even though Ricky would be one of the best backs in football, Donovan is a player that can take a team far in the playoffs. I just hope we don't look back in 5 years and say "Ronnie Brown is a great player, but look how good Smith and his team are."

phinpunk14 said:

That statement right there is what has made me change my outlook on the draft. Everyone prolly remembers the thread, or threads, where I am STRONGLY opposed to Alex Smith in round 1, hell, a round 1 QB PERIOD, and I was so pissed I was saying I wouldn't support him and all that, but then I got to thinking. Being a player myself I know the feeling of making it to the next level and how hard you have to work to get there, and it really wouldn't be FAIR to Smith, or anyone for that matter, to be hated from the get-go because thats not who WE wanted. Smith didn't pick himself for the Dolphins, Saban will have (if it happens) so SMith should be given a grace period to prove himself and Saban will get the silent treatment for awhile from me, hahaha. But seriously, I would prolly end up accepting Smith. I ended up accepting Fletcher, and I was ready to put a bounty on Dave's head for that pick (figuratively, of course). I will still be heartbroken and pissed and dissappointed if we take Smith in round 1, but eventually I'll get over it and give the kid a chance to prove himself. It's just the way the draft goes I guess.

Yeah I was going to mention the Donovan/Ricky situation. I dont believe that the Miami fans would be really pissed if they drafted Smith (except the ones on this board).

MDFINFAN said:
I think we all have our favorites, but if Saban chooses someone we don't want at #2, he'll still get a honeymoon period to get the kid to where he wants him, if the kid's a burst, Saban will hear about it from this fan base. We are nortorious for our disapproval in the stands.. :D

Thats why Saban won't select a QB early...too risky...he'll take the best deal and drop down...and take a safe pick....Spears, Merriman or Clayton.

Does anyone else notice similarities between Alex Smith and Peyton Manning as college players? Same skinny build, strong arms, intelligent, lead their programs to successful senior seasons. I am not saying that Alex will be as successful as Peyton, but to me the similarities are encouraging. I really think Alex would not be such a bad choice at #2.

Marino Forever said:
Does anyone else notice similarities between Alex Smith and Peyton Manning as college players? Same skinny build, strong arms, intelligent, lead their programs to successful senior seasons. I am not saying that Alex will be as successful as Peyton, but to me the similarities are encouraging. I really think Alex would not be such a bad choice at #2.
I like Smith, but I don't see the comparison to Manning. He was a big time prospect and was very successful against top competition. Smith has been successful, but came out of nowhere. He also has some question marks and probably won't be able to start right away ala Manning.

Back
Top Bottom