Simmons and minka

Jssanto

Active Roster
Reaction score
Do they have approximately the same talent.? I keep reading about position flexibility with Simmons and I thought that was Fitz Patrick’s strong point as well. Was personality a problem with Fitz Patrick? No need for a long thread just a question I have.

ThePeopleShow13

Scout Team
Reaction score
Simmons came in at 6’4” and 238lbs at the combine. He started his career as a safety and converted to a LB. Clemson used him all over the field (kind of like Derwin James from the Chargers). Minkah is more of a FS/slot corner hybrid. Simmons will most likely play every defensive snap he is healthy as he can stop the run and cover TEs/RBs. IMO you can’t really compare the two. It’s pretty unlikely we would even have a chance to draft Simmons unless Tua and Herbert are gone at 5.

Swollcolb

Scout Team
Reaction score
They are very different prospects. Both have position versatility but Simmons is bigger and more athletic. I think Simmons has more versatility than Minkah, he’s bigger, faster and can rush the passer. Minkah is probably better in coverage cause he played a lot of corner in college.

TeeMoney

Kid A
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
While I love the intangibles and athleticism for this player, he just doesn't have a position. It's hard to say at the NFL level he will excel as a jack-of-all-trades. Could he be a Polamalu?

EJay

Scout Team
Reaction score
Simmons potential is closer to a bigger Derwin James then Minkah. I don't think he has the same dog in him or the instincts that Derwin does, but he is a freak athlete and makes plays.
I believe he’ll be better than Derwin James, who is I believe is also overrated by many on this board.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom