Simmons and minka | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simmons and minka

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
Do they have approximately the same talent.? I keep reading about position flexibility with Simmons and I thought that was Fitz Patrick’s strong point as well. Was personality a problem with Fitz Patrick? No need for a long thread just a question I have.

Simmons came in at 6’4” and 238lbs at the combine. He started his career as a safety and converted to a LB. Clemson used him all over the field (kind of like Derwin James from the Chargers). Minkah is more of a FS/slot corner hybrid. Simmons will most likely play every defensive snap he is healthy as he can stop the run and cover TEs/RBs. IMO you can’t really compare the two. It’s pretty unlikely we would even have a chance to draft Simmons unless Tua and Herbert are gone at 5.

They are very different prospects. Both have position versatility but Simmons is bigger and more athletic. I think Simmons has more versatility than Minkah, he’s bigger, faster and can rush the passer. Minkah is probably better in coverage cause he played a lot of corner in college.

While I love the intangibles and athleticism for this player, he just doesn't have a position. It's hard to say at the NFL level he will excel as a jack-of-all-trades. Could he be a Polamalu?

Simmons potential is closer to a bigger Derwin James then Minkah. I don't think he has the same dog in him or the instincts that Derwin does, but he is a freak athlete and makes plays.

I believe he’ll be better than Derwin James, who is I believe is also overrated by many on this board.

Back
Top Bottom