Simmons and minka | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simmons and minka

I believe he’ll be better than Derwin James, who is I believe is also overrated by many on this board.

Could be, but he doesn't have the same level of instincts and Derwin was a dude the day he stepped on FSU campus and a dude the day he stepped on an NFL field. All Pro as a rookie, I guess the AP and football writers overrate him as well.

Minkah is an All Pro NFL player at the safety position. Simmons is a talented college player who has yet to prove anything at the NFL level. Only time will tell if Simmons has what it takes to be the type type of player in the NFL that Minkah already is.

If we draft him, I hope he becomes a better pro and not let his mama do his talking for him.

It would be totally insane if we get Simmons, imagine a defense with Van Noy, Roberts, Baker, Simmons, Howard and Byron Jones . Simmons is more of a LB S and pass rusher while Minkah is a FS slot CB but the thing is that Minkah did´nt wanted to play any other position than FS so Flores had to seek a trade. Simmons is a freak

Simmons looks more like the guy that can line up at multiple positions and run around and make plays. Fitzpatrick was the supposed swiss army knife that runs around and gets to a spot in time to pick up a fumbled ball or catch a tipped or overthrown pass.

In Flores scheme if he runs similar to NE they often had up to 6 DB's on the field. With Simmons you have a DB but in reality still have another LB on the field as well. So would be a good fit.

If they are still scared of Tua's injuries and don't rate Herbert highly a possible move would be to trade down a few spots and draft Simmons while picking up an extra 1st Rounder to use on Love or one of the other QB's plus still have the other 2 1st rounders of which one should be an OL.
[would add Fins may have to give up another lower pick depending on how far they drop]

In Flores scheme if he runs similar to NE they often had up to 6 DB's on the field. With Simmons you have a DB but in reality still have another LB on the field as well. So would be a good fit.

If they are still scared of Tua's injuries and don't rate Herbert highly a possible move would be to trade down a few spots and draft Simmons while picking up an extra 1st Rounder to use on Love or one of the other QB's plus still have the other 2 1st rounders of which one should be an OL.
[would add Fins may have to give up another lower pick depending on how far they drop]

trade down for Simmons? he might not even make it to #5

trade down for Simmons? he might not even make it to #5
Burrows, Chase, Okudah all in the mix for the top 5, throw in a possible jump by the Chargers or some one else for a QB. Simmons in many mock's not that I pay a great deal of interest had him just inside the 10 to 12 so think there is some chance.

Probably number 2 ranked defensive player after Chase Young. Would love him in Miami but have to get QB first so seems unlikely he’ll be there after 5.

Minkah's issue in Miami was that he didn't want to be trained at six different positions, including two linebacker roles at 205 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom