Simmons hopeful that his time with Dolphins has come | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simmons hopeful that his time with Dolphins has come

PatsWin2002

Bringin' it!
Reaction score
Simmons hopeful that his time with Dolphins has come

Thursday, August 7, 2003
Associated Press

DAVIE  Sam Simmons has played so well in Miami's training camp that Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt has grown tired of answering questions about the wide receiver.

And Simmons thinks that's a good thing.

"The more I keep making plays, the more the media attention I'll get, the more coach Wannstedt will hate talking about me," he said. "So I'll just keep this thing going as long as I can."

The rest:
http://www.naplesnews.com/03/08/sports/d962243a.htm

Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you sure that you aren't a autonomic algorithm set to scour the internet like yahoo or web crawler searching for all new documents containing the words "Miami Dolphins"?

Are you even self-aware? Do you have conciousness? You're like a machine with all these obscure links that we normally don't find.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you sure that you aren't a autonomic algorithm set to scour the internet like yahoo or web crawler searching for all new documents containing the words "Miami Dolphins"?

Are you even self-aware? Do you have conciousness? You're like a machine with all these obscure links that we normally don't find.

:lol:

I actually have a morning routine where I hit the same news sites. Some are news portals, and when I see Fins news hot off the wire or from a source outside of Florida I'll post it - with the assumption I don't need to post stuff from your own newspapers. I figure you all check the Miami Herald daily anyway.

So, the web-scouring has already been done!

For example:
http://www.nflreport.com/Headlines.htm
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/dolphins/

There - now you know some of my secrets ;).

Originally posted by PatsWin2002

:lol:

I actually have a morning routine where I hit the same news sites. Some are news portals, and when I see Fins news hot off the wire or from a source outside of Florida I'll post it - with the assumption I don't need to post stuff from your own newspapers. I figure you all check the Miami Herald daily anyway.

So, the web-scouring has already been done!

For example:
http://www.nflreport.com/Headlines.htm
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/dolphins/

There - now you know some of my secrets ;).

:lol: That's funny, but thanks for all the input, the little articles like this, help paint the whole picture of what's going on in TC. Thanks for your effect..
CK..you're too much.:D

Sam Simmons is a guy everyone loves to love.. This guy wasn't even in equations when others talked about the WR lineup in the off-season before the draft ad yet he comes up and shows what he made of and has the desire to make this team.. These are the type of guys Miami is dedicated to drafting year in and year out on a consistent basis and thats why Miami is tough to beat

Thanks PatsWin! The AP is a good source for just about everything; the local tv news networks get most of their info from them. Hot off the wire-AP wire. Simmons-The quiet ones always start the riots. Many people here knew he would be good before TC even started. Damn you guys are good!!!

I remember Simmons making very good plays for Northwestern, and I think he iwll be solid receiver .. Someone like i would say Dedric Ward before he came to teh dolphins, when he was with the jets...

Are you sure you're not a Dolphins fan PatsWin2002, because you seem to check every news about them.

As much as I like football, I won't read every articles about NFL teams except the Fins.

But I do like it when you show us an "unknown" link.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
Are you sure you're not a Dolphins fan PatsWin2002, because you seem to check every news about them.

I've been accused of the same thing on the Broncos and Rams boards I post on.......but no, I am a Pats fan.

I've been in the Boston area my whole life and am fully aware of the myopic views of the world from Beantown. Hitting other team's boards lets me see how others view my team and its players. I just choose to post news and stuff instead of smack. Anyone can be an instigating a$$ on the internet.

Besides, the Pats don't have a cool board like this.

Originally posted by PatsWin2002

I've been accused of the same thing on the Broncos and Rams boards I post on.......but no, I am a Pats fan.

I've been in the Boston area my whole life and am fully aware of the myopic views of the world from Beantown. Hitting other team's boards lets me see how others view my team and its players. I just choose to post news and stuff instead of smack. Anyone can be an instigating a$$ on the internet.

Besides, the Pats don't have a cool board like this.

What a novel approach, do you have a training school for Bills Fans that we can send them to.:D

thx Patswin u r 2 nice

almost make me not hate the Pats,, damn you and your reverse psychology. jk lol

Hey!! I'm supposed to be the only one that finds Naplesnews links!!!

hehe....missed that one I guess...:o

How about this one?
"Sometimes perception's not reality," Dixon said. "The perception is the young guys are not ready to play, but I think they are ready. Every day they get better.
Good to know.

Last edited:
I'm glad he's been impressing Wannstedt... WR depth would be a refreshing change...

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Sam Simmons is a guy everyone loves to love.. This guy wasn't even in equations when others talked about the WR lineup in the off-season before the draft ad yet he comes up and shows what he made of and has the desire to make this team.. These are the type of guys Miami is dedicated to drafting year in and year out on a consistent basis and thats why Miami is tough to beat

Every year there are guys who are either 2nd year guys or guys trying to make a comeback (jamie Nails) or guys like Ogun who are injury riddled rookies who make a huge splash their second year with the team. this seems to be wannspiels MO. They are letting them grow at the right time and not giving up on them. In sam simmons case, he couldnt get it together with having a family and having to finish school last summer. His mind was not all in it, now it is, they have time to work out better ect ect. The seond year is when it all happens it seems.
My friend who watches alot of college ball says sam simmons at northwestern did nothing but make plays on ST and as WR. gave the opponents fits even though northwestern wasnt all that great.

Back
Top Bottom