Simms Rooting For The Jets!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simms Rooting For The Jets!!

Phinmaster1354

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This Sunday as the game will be played on CBS, they decided to give the game to the biggest JETS FAN on CBS!! PHIL SIMMS!! Granted I will be at the game but it just infuriates me that such a JETS BACKER will be announcing the game UNBIASED!! YEAH RIGHT!! Read HIS ARTICLE ON nfl.com about the JETS IDENTITY and tell me who he is rooting for?!! I hope it's such a BLOWOUT that he will have to make excuses for his son's MEDIOCRE play at TEXAS!! GO PHINS!!!

Forgive me for being lazy but no link?? Last time I posted that Simms never had anything thing good to say about Miami everyone thought I was wrong.

What would happen if Miami somehow drafted Chris Simms?:confused:

What the hell are you guys talking about?????? I read the article and NOWHERE does it show any bias. The article is about the Jets trying to find an identity. You're inventing this bias stuff, Phin. And I can tell you that Simms always has good things to say about the Dolphins and especially Jay Fiedler during telecasts.

Read the article for yourselves.

NFL.com link

Hate to say it, but I agree with Muck on this one. Every time I see Simms call a game he says something nice about Fiedler. And, it's no secret that he admires Dan. Of course, maybe I'm biased. I think Simms is one of the best color guys working.

I agree. I think he's very good. I'm sure my post will follow with a bunch of bashers. But that's the case with every color man.

You know that is really funny, cause most Jets fans think Simms is the biggest Jets basher next to Paul McGuire.

quote by Phil Simms "So as I get back to thinking about this week's game, having said all this about the Jets offense, I think these teams might play a 2-hour, 20-minute game. We know Miami will run the ball. And the Dolphins are not going to abandon the running game if it doesn't work right away. They're going to make you prove you can stop them for three-and-a-half quarters before they get away from it. They'll keep going at it. If the Jets do the same, it'll be a quick contest."

Now I am not sure I understand this too well, but what the hell does Phil mean by saying if the Jets do the same it'll be a quick contest? Anybody got any ideas?

Bascially he is saying that if both teams are committing themseleves to running the ball all day, the game will be a fast one time wise. I think what some Miami fans are thinking reading this is that if the Jets run the ball they will make short work of Miami. Not the case

Originally posted by MarinoFan
quote by Phil Simms "So as I get back to thinking about this week's game, having said all this about the Jets offense, I think these teams might play a 2-hour, 20-minute game. We know Miami will run the ball. And the Dolphins are not going to abandon the running game if it doesn't work right away. They're going to make you prove you can stop them for three-and-a-half quarters before they get away from it. They'll keep going at it. If the Jets do the same, it'll be a quick contest."

Now I am not sure I understand this too well, but what the hell does Phil mean by saying if the Jets do the same it'll be a quick contest? Anybody got any ideas?
That's what I am talking about!! I must be watching a different Phil Simms than you MUCK because everytime I watch the game, he seems to be on the JETS BENCH!! One game that sticks out in my mind, was when he said that ABRAHAM was getting held on every play by TODD WADE!! I can see saying it once or twice, he wouldn't shut up about it!! Ofcourse he is gona say good thing about JAY FEIDLER, he's a QUARTERBACK!! I usually not paranoid about petty shi# like this but I truly feel he pulls for the JETS!!!!! IT WILL BE A QUICK CONTEST???? F#CK SIMMS!!!!! And his NY A$$!!!!

I was watching Simms the other night talking about the Dolphins Colts game and he seem very impressed with the Fins, especially Jay..and his ability to run the offense to such a high standard...I've never felt Simms was a Fins blaster or any of that stuff..I could be wrong.. I think he mean short game as in clock time..passing and incompletions slows down a game..Running keep the clock moving..notice he didn't say who would win in this type of battle...clearly we've been running the ball the best over the last two weeks...I would think that favors us..

I don't mind Simms. Anyone sounds good when we're winning :) Also, Simms has always come off pretty good, much better than Esiason or Theismann, those two should be shot.

the last time i saw phil simms he was complementing fiedler on being the only person on the dolphins to show up during the phins playoffs games. that is a bash and a compliment at the same time.

the ones i feel are the most biased (against the dolphins) are theisman, mcguire, namath (i know he doesn't announce anymore), esiason, and collinsworth.

i turn off the sound on the tv when any of them are announcing dolphin games. i'd rather listen to mandich anyway.

alright miami!

http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs?template=templatehome.htm&recno=2&template=template.htm

this is the web link to get the wqam broadcasts live on the net for those that live elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom