Simple Logic | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simple Logic

If Flores and Grier were comfortable trying to win every game as a priority then it´s pretty obvious to me that they are careless about a top 3 first round selection. instead they stock piled picks which brings me to the logic that THEY DON´T WANT TO REACH FOR A QB , if the guy they want is there at 5 they´ll take him, it´s just plain obvious, if it´s not they will immediately try to move down and get another additional pick. my bet is that they will continue the tendency adding lots of quality players in specific positions. why would they reach for a specific player with so many holes to fill, stay put or trade down is more likely to be the plan. In fact if you look at Belichick he never reaches for a QB, they took Brady in the 5th round, Garappolo, Hoyer and Mallet were there and they picked them none in the first round. With Chan Gailey in charge of the offense I´m pretty sure he wants to explore Rosen before any risky crazy moves.
If I understand correctly, your simple logic looks something like this.

Premise A: Grier is the GM and his responsibilities include acquiring talent and managing the cap.
Premise B: Flores is the HC and his responsibilities are to develop the talent on the roster and put the best team on the field to win games.
Conclusion: Therefore, Flores and Grier are careless about a top 3 first round selection since Miami won 5 games and is scheduled to draft 5th in the 2020 draft so THEY DON´T WANT TO REACH FOR A QB.

Premise A: Bellichick took over the Patriots in 2000 with a former #1 draft pick at QB, who was in his prime at 28 years old, made 3 pro bowls and led the Pats to the playoffs on 3 previous occasions.
Premise B: The Patriots drafted Brady in the 5th round (it was actually the 6th round, but why are facts relevant when dealing with logic?) who took over in 2001 when Bledsoe was hurt and has led the Patriots to 30 playoff victories, 9 Super Bowls, 6 Championships.
Premise C: The Patriots have never spent a 1st round pick on a QB, despite not needing one under Bellichick.
Conclusion: Miami should trade for pick #199 in the draft and take a Michigan QB?

Premise A: Chan Gailey was hired as the new OC for the Dolphins
Premise B: Josh Rosen has performed poorly his two seasons in the NFL
Premise C: The person making this thread doesn't know Chan Gailey, has never had a conversation with Chan Gailey, provided no links reflecting Chan Gailey's thinking process or that he is interested in Rosen.
Conclusion: Therefore, Chan Gailey is now in charge of personnel moves and wants to explore Rosen before making any risky, crazy moves like drafting a potential franchise QB who is the highest all-time rated QB in college football (career 199.4 rating) and won a National Championship.

Wow, this simple logic makes so much sense if I don't think about it.

Well done :hclap:...this simple logic has totally sold me to stick with Rosen. I mean, it's only the QB position, no sense in doing anything risky when we can play it safe with a QB that has completed 54.8% of his passes, 5.7 YPA, 12 TD, 19 int and a 63.5 QB rating.

Chan Gailey wants a mobile QB. I. wonder why the last Offensive coordinator was fired. Did he have something to do about wanting to trade for Rosen. Now he is gone. Chan Gailey coached Fitzmagic on 2 different teams for 5 years as a starter and Fitzmagic was originally a 7th round pick. TUA, HEBERT and LOVE are all mobile including Burrough. Flores mentioned all 4 QBs in his press. Flores also said he uses his defensive knowledge to scout QBs probably based on which one would be hardest to scheme against. We know Burrough would be #1 on Flores list. Which #2 would be hardest to scheme against? Gailey won't want Eason or FROMM.

Who cares who Gailey would prefer at QB? He just came out of retirement. He's not a long term coach so therefore shouldn't dictate our long term plans.

This rebuild starter last year with the premise that Miami is just treading water without a Franchise QB. There are two (considered) Franchise QB's in this draft: Burrow and a healthy Tua. If Miami wants one they more than likely will have to trade up. Now, they can stay put and settle for Herbert or Love or draft someone later. Who knows, maybe they can become a franchise qb. I just don't think the goal was to settle.

If Miami can't get Burrow or Tua, they may choose to build other positions, we have plenty of holes. Perhaps, trade our last pick in the first round for 2nd this year and 1st next year. We can go all in on a QB next year.

Miami wants a "Franchise" QB, and like it or not they have the draft capital to go get one. We have free agency coming up and two drafts with a lot of picks. This team won't be built in one season, but getting a franchise QB will be a major building block.

I think you are reading more into my post than was actually said.

A top 10 QB can, indeed, cover up some deficiencies during the regular season, but to make deep playoff runs consistently, "papering" over holes doesn't work.

If you disagree, fine, but that was the extent of the post. I never said under no circumstances, trade up. Though in this particular spot, I'm not in favor of it. That has to do with the specific circumstances, not my overall philosophy.

Why do so many ppl conflate the two?

You might be surprised at how many posters get confused over the word "conflate".
Not me of course, but a lot of other posters will just read past it.

You might be surprised at how many posters get confused over the word "conflate".
Not me of course, but a lot of other posters will just read past it.
Well, I suppose I could have just said "confuse" but, as a learned individual such as yourself knows, there is a not so subtle difference.

I try to help the masses expand their vocabulary whenever I can....lol. (sarc).

Last edited:
Chan Gailey wants a mobile QB. I. wonder why the last Offensive coordinator was fired. Did he have something to do about wanting to trade for Rosen. Now he is gone. Chan Gailey coached Fitzmagic on 2 different teams for 5 years as a starter and Fitzmagic was originally a 7th round pick. TUA, HEBERT and LOVE are all mobile including Burrough. Flores mentioned all 4 QBs in his press. Flores also said he uses his defensive knowledge to scout QBs probably based on which one would be hardest to scheme against. We know Burrough would be #1 on Flores list. Which #2 would be hardest to scheme against? Gailey won't want Eason or FROMM.

Fins absolutely should NOT be listening tho Chan Gailey's choice of QB for the future of the team
NO WAY
Best I want for him...which I don't even want is allowing him to play with his old toy for a few games
Still boggles my mind he is there

Well, I suppose I could have just said "confuse" but, as a learned individual such as yourself knows, there is a not so subtle difference.

I try to help the masses expand their vocabulary whenever I can....lol. (sarc).

Modesty compels me to constrain my reply.

If I understand correctly, your simple logic looks something like this.

Premise A: Grier is the GM and his responsibilities include acquiring talent and managing the cap.
Premise B: Flores is the HC and his responsibilities are to develop the talent on the roster and put the best team on the field to win games.
Conclusion: Therefore, Flores and Grier are careless about a top 3 first round selection since Miami won 5 games and is scheduled to draft 5th in the 2020 draft so THEY DON´T WANT TO REACH FOR A QB.

Premise A: Bellichick took over the Patriots in 2000 with a former #1 draft pick at QB, who was in his prime at 28 years old, made 3 pro bowls and led the Pats to the playoffs on 3 previous occasions.
Premise B: The Patriots drafted Brady in the 5th round (it was actually the 6th round, but why are facts relevant when dealing with logic?) who took over in 2001 when Bledsoe was hurt and has led the Patriots to 30 playoff victories, 9 Super Bowls, 6 Championships.
Premise C: The Patriots have never spent a 1st round pick on a QB, despite not needing one under Bellichick.
Conclusion: Miami should trade for pick #199 in the draft and take a Michigan QB?

Premise A: Chan Gailey was hired as the new OC for the Dolphins
Premise B: Josh Rosen has performed poorly his two seasons in the NFL
Premise C: The person making this thread doesn't know Chan Gailey, has never had a conversation with Chan Gailey, provided no links reflecting Chan Gailey's thinking process or that he is interested in Rosen.
Conclusion: Therefore, Chan Gailey is now in charge of personnel moves and wants to explore Rosen before making any risky, crazy moves like drafting a potential franchise QB who is the highest all-time rated QB in college football (career 199.4 rating) and won a National Championship.

Wow, this simple logic makes so much sense if I don't think about it.

Well done :hclap:...this simple logic has totally sold me to stick with Rosen. I mean, it's only the QB position, no sense in doing anything risky when we can play it safe with a QB that has completed 54.8% of his passes, 5.7 YPA, 12 TD, 19 int and a 63.5 QB rating.

Lol relax, i never said that miami won´t take a QB at #5! what I said if you read it calm is that moving up from 5 will be extremely costly, we need every pick, all players are a risk so loosing ammo is not logical because we lost some very capable players to acquire that ammo, risking high picks to get a "SURE" player is nothing but sure and it doesn´t make sense with what they have been doing.

Back
Top Bottom