Since Brock won our Poll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since Brock won our Poll

Would you use our Franchise Tag on Brock Marion ?

• Slap the tag on him

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No - renegotiate a 1 mil per year contract again

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Let him go - we have more pressing needs

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • We cannot franchise him - he's not a FA

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
see http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2232

Seems like most of us want to keep Brock pretty bad even more than our QB :eek: .

Would you use our Franchise Tag on Brock Marion ? That would pay him the equivalent of the top 5 FS's in the league.

Franchise Free Agents (FFA)
Unrestricted free agents who have been designated as the "Franchise" player. Current team has the right to match any offer. If they refuse they are given compensation by the new team the player has signed to play for.

from http://nfl.kffl.com/teams/free_agents/terminology.shtml

anybody know what the top 5 FS's make ? or is it just all S's ?

It is all safties. We shouldn't give him a franchise tag because not a lot of teams want him like they did with Taylor last year. And do we even have a franchise tag, since he signed a 6 year deal. Or does it count only for the 1 year tender he signed before the extension?

Can't slap the tag on him, because he isn't a FA. He is signed through this season, so he either has to be released, or take a salary reduction to stay with the team. We can't afford his cap number, so my bet is he will be released.

I don't think Miami can afford to use the tag this year.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Can't slap the tag on him, because he isn't a FA. He is signed through this season, so he either has to be released, or take a salary reduction to stay with the team. We can't afford his cap number, so my bet is he will be released.

I don't think Miami can afford to use the tag this year.
oh yeah - that's sucks - hopefully a mil will be enough to keep him here when they try to re-negotiate.

this is something else............

Originally posted by dolphan39
oh yeah - that's sucks - hopefully a mil will be enough to keep him here when they try to re-negotiate.
when i was a kid, everybody dreamed about the $50,000 they could make playing football!:rolleyes:

Re: this is something else............

Originally posted by dolfan06
when i was a kid, everybody dreamed about the $50,000 they could make playing football!:rolleyes:
when I got my 1st f/t job out of college and was making 25K, I thought I was rich. Then I moved into my own place in NY and :eek: poverty :rolleyes:

The NFL still beats baseball where lousy players make 1-2 mil a year.

i know...............

my wife is a supervisor at UCR and pulls in 55k a year and i make about half that. we were living just as well, or even better when i made $100 a week and she stayed home! INFLATION SUCKS!:(

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
It is all safties. We shouldn't give him a franchise tag because not a lot of teams want him like they did with Taylor last year. And do we even have a franchise tag, since he signed a 6 year deal. Or does it count only for the 1 year tender he signed before the extension?

We do still have our franchise tag, that why we waited till after june 15th to sign Taylor. I doubt it will be used this year since it gaurantes the player the average of the top 5 payed at that postion. We don't have any free agents that are near the top 5 of their postion.

Originally posted by Dajesus
We do still have our franchise tag, that why we waited till after june 15th to sign Taylor. I doubt it will be used this year since it gaurantes the player the average of the top 5 payed at that postion. We don't have any free agents that are near the top 5 of their postion.
If Marion was a UFA - which he is not - he would have been the only one worthy of the tag...

there are only two............

Originally posted by dolphan39
If Marion was a UFA - which he is not - he would have been the only one worthy of the tag...
that i'd want to hit with a tag. madison and thomas. zach had a bad year, last year, but he can still play. and you hear a lot more from surtains spot than madisons because they just don't thro his way that often!:D

There is NO DOUBT that Marion is one of the best free safeties in the league! He is a pure BALLHAWK and playmaker! He makes this secondary the best in the league! he leaves there will definately be a DROPOFF!! He makes plays!! PAY HIM!!

it all depends on............

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
There is NO DOUBT that Marion is one of the best free safeties in the league! He is a pure BALLHAWK and playmaker! He makes this secondary the best in the league! he leaves there will definately be a DROPOFF!! He makes plays!! PAY HIM!!
how much they can agree on. but if it comes down to cutting bowens to save brock, i agree, do it!:p

Re: it all depends on............

Originally posted by dolfan06
how much they can agree on. but if it comes down to cutting bowens to save brock, i agree, do it!:p
both Tim Bo and Brock will re-negotiate or be cut. Based on last year, it is more likely we would cut Brock and try harder to re-neg. w/ Tim Bo.

Back
Top Bottom