Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

The sheer amount of sloppy logic and magical thinking that takes place among the Tua cultists amuses me.

Almost to a cultist, they are seemingly brainwashed into thinking the only answer is their chosen one. No other QB will do... all other QBs are, in reality, Ryan Tannehill.

No... we cant have our current QB surprise us because then we wont be able to draft (gasp...) the chosen one...

(Chuckle)

Rosen sucks. Tannehill was much better. Tua might not be the answer either but we already can physically how garbage Rosen is.

Oh really? When did Ryan Tannehill play with a decent o-line? That's right, he never did.

Tannehill had the same bullshit offense minus what? One tackle who everyone here said was expendable?

You may be correct, but that doesn't change a thing.

A 25% rate is terrible.

I wonder what the patriots success rate is with their drafted players for a any 3 year period after Tom Brady became the teams QB. He was a 7th round draft pick if I remember and he turned out alright.

25% success rate is pretty damn good depending how you look at it. If 25% of your fellow HS grads went on to become millionaires that would be pretty incredible.

If the Dolphins won 25% of all Super Bowls we'd be the greatest franchise in NFL history with 13 Super Bowls.

25% success rate is pretty damn good depending how you look at it. If 25% of your fellow HS grads went on to become millionaires that would be pretty incredible.

If the Dolphins won 25% of all Super Bowls we'd be the greatest franchise in NFL history with 13 Super Bowls.

And if 25% of all auto accidents resulted in a fatality, that would be horrid. Someone has already said fans need a baseline. What is the % of all other positions.

You can't pass a grade school test with a 25%!

With the NFL success rate for 1st round draft picks somewhere around 50%, a 25% success rate is twice as bad. That's just plain bad!

Changing references to try and make a low percentage look good is total nonsense. When you use a success rate for all NFL draft selections based on how many are playing 1st string 5 years later, then you will have a meaningful reference; well, as meaningful as it can be in a TEAM BASED SPORT!

You can't pass a grade school test with a 25%!

With the NFL success rate for 1st round draft picks somewhere around 50%, a 25% success rate is twice as bad. That's just plain bad!

Changing references to try and make a low percentage look good is total nonsense. When you use a success rate for all NFL draft selections based on how many are playing 1st string 5 years later, then you will have a meaningful reference; well, as meaningful as it can be in a TEAM BASED SPORT!

The succes rate for 1st round picks? I thought this whole thing was about the success rate of QB's picked 1st overall in relation to SB wins. Which was 7 of 24 since 1970 which is 29% btw not 25%.

You're right you can't pass a school test with 25% and if 25% of all student failed that would be a significant amount which is the point. The fact that 29% of all QB's selected 1st overall since 1970 have won a SB is a significant amount. It's not as you stated a "poor success rate".

But I guess I'm more of a glass half full kind of guy.

You may be correct, but that doesn't change a thing.

A 25% rate is terrible.

I wonder what the patriots success rate is with their drafted players for a any 3 year period after Tom Brady became the teams QB. He was a 7th round draft pick if I remember and he turned out alright.

wtf?

Don't see any reason why a team like say, the Bengals, would have any interest in selling the top pick. Doesn't matter the ransom amount. They need a QB too.

**** the bullshit. Just lose.

What satisfaction do people get out of 3-4 wins vs. 1 or even 0? It could be the difference between an actual franchise QB prospect and..... Justin Herbert. No thanks.

The succes rate for 1st round picks? I thought this whole thing was about the success rate of QB's picked 1st overall in relation to SB wins. Which was 7 of 24 since 1970 which is 29% btw not 25%.

You're right you can't pass a school test with 25% and if 25% of all student failed that would be a significant amount which is the point. The fact that 29% of all QB's selected 1st overall since 1970 have won a SB is a significant amount. It's not as you stated a "poor success rate".

But I guess I'm more of a glass half full kind of guy.

I might agree, depending on what your glass is 1/2 full of.

have to hit on the picks. doesn't matter how many we have if we don't do anything with them. and to be honest I could see us screwing it up

Trying to use the percentage of “success rate” for a QB is moronic. Teams drafting that high usually suck. Quarterbacks take too much blame and too much credit. Good TEAMS develop good quarterbacks.

I’d almost rather use all of our picks on the trenches this year, have somewhat of a team and go get a QB next year draft. Tua is not this generational talent, he’s just a dude at the top of the list THIS year.

Back
Top Bottom