Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

Nah, that stuff never happens, except to Miami players. Thanks for reminding me.

Now you have cursed Tua with a typical Miami scenario. What do we do for our next QB selection?

Damn, man. That's morbid.

Yes, I have you on that list too. You may have noticed that I dont generally respond to your posts...

Have a nice life! :)

Nice. Go to your safe space of like minded people where there is no difference of opinion. Goodness that has to be boring.

Nice. Go to your safe space of like minded people where there is no difference of opinion. Goodness that has to be boring.
I will try one last time.

Sir, it isn't about debate. I love debate. It is about debate style.

There is one school of debate within the sports community. It's a fire breathing, one dimensional, binary form.

These people argue in absolutes. This is the only way... that player is horrible (or great). There is no nuance in these people.

They flame away, generally insulting (as your comment about my belief that a 22 year old Rosen might improve enough to be the guy) people who bring up possibilities they reject.

I call this the Jim Rome school... and I generally just avoid them. They have no interest in discussion or possibility, only being right or wrong and winning points.

I'm too old for that.

There is one school of debate within the sports community. It's a fire breathing, one dimensional, binary form.

These people argue in absolutes. This is the only way... that player is horrible (or great). There is no nuance in these people.

They flame away, generally insulting (as your comment about my belief that a 22 year old Rosen might improve enough to be the guy) people who bring up possibilities they reject.

I call this the Jim Rome school... and I generally just avoid them. They have no interest in discussion or possibility, only being right or wrong and winning points.

I'm too old for that.

Good for you taking the high road. The high road to being worng.

*ahem*

Gentlemen ...

tenor.gif

It looks to me, like there are too many either you go this direction, or failure...to those people a reminder...we will have 3 first round picks, 7 picks alone in the first three rounds.

The way I see it is...If Miami in the draft ends up picking players in the 1st round to compliment Rosen, I will be chearing, and drunk from celebrating, because that means Rosen probably looked amazing for the rest of the season to allow them to not take a QB early.

If they take Tua, I will probably be cheering, and probably by the time he reaches the podium, will drunk from celebrating, because that means Rosen did not do enough to make anyone believe he is the future, but they were in position to take the supposed top QB of the 2020 draft.

If they take Herbert, Fromm, Eason, Ehlinger, Love...I will still be very happy, because though Rosen did not do enough to distinguish himself, and Miami did not pick high enough to take Tua, these are still quality QB that with good talent around them, any of them could end up being good to special.

If who we take this year does not work out, we have again two 1st round picks in 2021 to yet again, take a QB if we need one, and I will again be excited, and drunk from celebrating.

Basically what I am trying to say is no matter where Miami picks, we are getting a quality QB in 2020, and if we don't, we still have 2021.

And also no matter where Miami picks, I will probably be drunk from celebrating.

Seriously though, Miami in the next two years is getting a 1990s Dallas Cowboy type Drafting bounty to re-establish the winning ways again of the 1970s, 80s, and 90s, so just sit back and ride the draft waves coming up...should be fun.

So basically no matter what happens you will be getting drunk and celebrating :chuckle:

Best plan i've heard yet

:ffic:

Since we currently are loaded, and I do mean loaded, with early round draft picks; why should we worry about winning a few games and getting better as the season progresses?

I would like to see some positive results from the coaching staff with the players we have. If they can prevail in a few games with what we have on the field now, we should be dramatically better with the effects of the next two drafts. If the coaching can't do something, and I mean a little bit better and more consistent then the first 6 games we play this season, then there is no reason to suppose they will do that much better with our upcoming draftees.

On the other hand, those hoping we fail as much as possible to ensure the earliest picks possible, also seem to be the ones complaining that we never draft well any way. If our drafting is always such an overwhelming failure, how will more or earlier draft picks fix that? When we see the averages of an early draft pick living up to their anticipated performance in the NFL are around 50%, that makes the chances of getting a lot better in a hurry very remote.

What we need to see the most this year is the development of our new coaching staff into an effective unit. This will be the engine that will drive the Dolphins to success more then the "heroics" of any individual player. Have we forgotten this is the ultimate TEAM SPORT?

You are dead on in the last paragraph and its a drum I have beating for some time.

I have been preaching game 8 as the evaluation point this year on Flores and staff.

They say this is a a once in the decade QB draft with high odds on Tua.

Now lets say Flores is a turd but Tua is a stud and or hopefully both or studs. We probably know Tua is so how far do we go out on the limb to win games to evaluate Flores properly that might cause us to loose Tua.

I think we can do both without winning which we should do but I do agree the most important area fans should be concerned with are Flores and Grier.

I'm too old for that.
:munch:

Oh really? When did Ryan Tannehill play with a decent o-line? That's right, he never did.
Are you serious? Early in his career he had two pro bowl players, and a guy that's still hanging on in this league.

That Dolphins O-line required an upgrade, this one requires an overhaul.

Back
Top Bottom