Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

If we win a couple games it is because Rosen proves to be a guy we can rely ob

That won't prove anything. Even bad QB's will win some games from time to time. Just look at Ryan Tannehill when he was here. He was Mr. 8-8 every year for the most part. Heck even Ryan Fitzpatrick won some games for the Bucs last year. I love how all you Rosen lovers think if he wins a few games it will prove that he is the savior of this franchise. It doesn't work that way.

Last edited:
That won't prove anything. Even bad QB's will win some games from time to time. Just look at Ryan Tannehill when he was here. He was Mr. 8-8 every year for the most part. Heck even Ryan Fitzpatrick won some games for the Bucs last year. I love how all you Rosen lovers think if he wins a few games it will prove that he is the savior of this franchise. It doesn't work that way.

Neither does crowning a potential draft pick to be the savior, who’s never taken an nfl snap. But some people think it does. I like to be optimistic, but people here think their opinion is fact.

Yes it makes a huge difference. It means you either have to trade up and lose that stockpile to get the QB. or, you don't get one of the top QBs (1. Tua 2. fromm then a drop off IMO) and have to roll with Rosen or force a lower level qb like Love or Herbert.

If this team finishes with say the 7th pick, they either stay in QB purgatory or trade all assets acquired to get the elite prospect, or in true Dolphins fashion draft the next Tannehill (herbert) or a project like Love. A much better scenario is getting the future QB with the first or second pick and still having all the assets to accumulate talent.

You ignored my observation about many of our posters feeling we never draft effectively. If this is the case, what difference does it make where we pick with our #1 draft pick; since getting a successful NFL player in the top of the 1st draft is 50% chance at best, and since we are no good at drafting, this makes our chances of getting a player who will be successful in the NFL even worse.

Now if you think we know what we are doing when drafting, that's a different story.

If you are telling me that you know there is a potential draft pick who is dead certain to be a great NFL player, all I can say is good luck with that!

If we win enough games to draft 7th, it will be pretty obvious that Rosen IS our QB. How can you miss seeing this?
So if we go 4-12 or 5-11 and pick 7th or so thats it we have a franchis qb, don't draft one? This logic is what got us where we are. Rosen can play well, and we SHOULD still draft a qb. Don't settle for OK. You hate Tua thats fine, i'm not nearly as high on him as some are. But, you have to take a shot at finding a great qb. Whether it is Tua or Fromm, you absolutely draft one regardless of how Rosen plays. Ideally you don't need to trade up.

That won't prove anything. Even bad QB's will win some games from time to time. Just look at Ryan Tannehill when he was here. He was Mr. 8-8 every year for the most part. I love how all you Rosen lovers think if he wins a few games it will prove that he is the savior of this franchise. It doesn't work that way.

First and foremost watch your tone with me especially since I'd gladly take Tua. Second my point was that if Rosen plays well and we win a few games we wont have a shot at Tua. That simple. Also I have been on record in saying if Rosen is good we win because we have a good young QB cheap if Rosen sucks we win cause we get a shot at another good young QB.

Not everything is white and black. And think before you type

I just hope whatever number we fall on, we get some guys that help the team move in the right direction. Whether we win 2 or 3 games or go 0-16. Not cheering for either one, cheering for progress in the right direction, and less bad decisions.

We definitely need that #1 pick if we want Tua... otherwise we will be with the what ifs.

If we can't get the 1st overall pick it will show how inept this team really is at doing anything they plan... how can we win a superbowl if we cant even tank right?

We have a bunch of picks and have twice as many holes on the roster... and most of the picks we will draft will probably not even pan out as Chris Grier's drafting record exemplifies. We cannot trade away multiple assets for 1 guy. We are not 1 be player away from winning.

Even Tua cant do **** with this team like this.

Doesn't your last statement make everything you said that proceeded it a "so what"? It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself in this post.

A lot of people are equating winning with improving, or winning with quality development for Rosen. It may be a logical assumption but it need not be the case.

Winning a game and the team improving are two different things. You can improve but lose to a good team or improve and lose a close game, or improve and lose to a bad team that simply played their best game of the year. The inverse can also happen, you can regress but win against a weak opponent or even a strong opponent who played their worst game of the year.

Last year the dolphins won 7 games but they weren't getting better. They won close games, games against teams who played poorly that day, games against weak teams, and games where they had some bounces go their way.

Personally I don't want to win any games this year (except when I'm currently watching the game, I can't help it). Even if we don't want Tua, we can trade out for even more picks. I do want to believe our coaching staff isn't worthless so I do want to see some improvement. Ideally we lose close games and all opposing teams (even the weak ones) play well against us. But if we do win some games as a result of significant improvement, I'm not going to be upset. Especially if it's Rosen showing that significant improvement.

However, the last thing I want is to get cheap wins without real improvement. That would make me more upset than being blown out every week for the rest of the year.

This year is not about winning or is it not obvious enough?

No, its not obvious at all.

Every season in the NFL is about winning for every team. How much did they win, not how often did they lose, is always the question.

When teams decide that need to restructure their players and coaching staffs, the final measurement of their success is, how well did you do; how many wins did you get.

This question may get tempered with recognition of the difficulties that can befall a team, such as losing a key player or maybe even a mid-season hurricane, but the question as to how well a team did is first and foremost, how many games did you win?

We need all that draft capital (or most of it) to rebuild this roster, so having to trade up and give away capital to do it because we won a few games would be awful management...

if they decided Rosen was the guy though and used the other picks to build around him I could understand it, but I don’t see that as the ultimate plan here..

Though the season is not about winning, it IS about building a culture of winning... and if our young players play well enough to win some games, it will be proof that we are getting there...

I, for one, would be ecstatic to see 4 or 5 wins. Why? Because it would mean that Rosen, William's, Wilkins, Charlton etc. stepped up and became legitimate NFL players. This would imply that we are much closer to being successful than anyone believed.

That said... I'm not predicting this... I'm rooting for it.

"I, for one, would be ecstatic to see 4 or 5 wins."

So the season really is about winning after all!

Though the season is not about winning, it IS about building a culture of winning... and if our young players play well enough to win some games, it will be proof that we are getting there...

I, for one, would be ecstatic to see 4 or 5 wins. Why? Because it would mean that Rosen, William's, Wilkins, Charlton etc. stepped up and became legitimate NFL players. This would imply that we are much closer to being successful than anyone believed.

That said... I'm not predicting this... I'm rooting for it.

This team sucks ass. We are for sure picking top 5. No doubt in my mind. Any other year we would be picking first overall without a doubt. Do you want to win 1 or 2 games and get the 2 or 3rd pick or just lose and get the first pick? Us beating the redskins does nothing for me. Its meaningless. It doesnt prove Rosen is the future or anything. We beat the second worst team in the NFL. Big ****ing whoop.

4 or 5 wins? There is not ****ing way thats happening. We are 3.5 point underdawgs at home to the second worst team in the league.

A lot of people are equating winning with improving, or winning with quality development for Rosen. It may be a logical assumption but it need not be the case.

Winning a game and the team improving are two different things. You can improve but lose to a good team or improve and lose a close game, or improve and lose to a bad team that simply played their best game of the year. The inverse can also happen, you can regress but win against a weak opponent or even a strong opponent who played their worst game of the year.

Last year the dolphins won 7 games but they weren't getting better. They won close games, games against teams who played poorly that day, games against weak teams, and games where they had some bounces go their way.

Personally I don't want to win any games this year (except when I'm currently watching the game, I can't help it). Even if we don't want Tua, we can trade out for even more picks. I do want to believe our coaching staff isn't worthless so I do want to see some improvement. Ideally we lose close games and all opposing teams (even the weak ones) play well against us. But if we do win some games as a result of significant improvement, I'm not going to be upset. Especially if it's Rosen showing that significant improvement.

However, the last thing I want is to get cheap wins without real improvement. That would make me more upset than being blown out every week for the rest of the year.

While I agree that winning and improving are not the same thing, I feel you need to consider them a cause and effect relationship. If you keep improving (faster then your opponents), you should expect to start winning more games.

If you don't start winning more games you are not improving (for whatever reason you wish to pursue).

This team sucks ***. We are for sure picking top 5. No doubt in my mind. Any other year we would be picking first overall without a doubt. Do you want to win 1 or 2 games and get the 2 or 3rd pick or just lose and get the first pick? Us beating the redskins does nothing for me. Its meaningless. It doesnt prove Rosen is the future or anything. We beat the second worst team in the NFL. Big ****ing whoop.

4 or 5 wins? There is not ****ing way thats happening. We are 3.5 point underdawgs at home to the second worst team in the league.
No need for us to show up then. I can imagine this board if we do win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom