Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

This team sucks ***. We are for sure picking top 5. No doubt in my mind. Any other year we would be picking first overall without a doubt. Do you want to win 1 or 2 games and get the 2 or 3rd pick or just lose and get the first pick? Us beating the redskins does nothing for me. Its meaningless. It doesnt prove Rosen is the future or anything. We beat the second worst team in the NFL. Big ****ing whoop.

4 or 5 wins? There is not ****ing way thats happening. We are 3.5 point underdawgs at home to the second worst team in the league.

So your definition of winning is how we position ourselves for the draft and not on winning games.

When will winning shift to meaning winning games? Will it be after we start winning games?

I find your concept of winning exceptionally short sighted.

Doesn't your last statement make everything you said that proceeded it a "so what"? It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself in this post.

In what way? My point is we need all of the picks that we have to fix the team as much as possible. Trading up for Tua makes no sense becasue we need them all. To fix this team we need Tua and all of the picks.

I would rather have Tua and all of the picks, instead of Tua and half of them. What seems so confusing? Tua or any QB we draft will need a team around him.

Rosen is a joke and anyone putting their eggs in that basket is betting to lose. Clear enough?

To think we could even win more than 2 games is laughable.

I agree with you. The one thing I will add, though, is that tanking to this degree has to be about getting a franchise quarterback. Perhaps that changes if Rosen plays well and maybe that quarterback talk isn't set in stone. But when Miami traded Tunsil and M. Fitzpatrick, that signaled to me that the first overall pick was important. Prior to that, the Dolphins had traded vets or players who no longer fit like Tannehill, Alonzo etc.

It comes down to making the right choices with those draft picks, but man will the offseason be exciting.

I’m fine with not getting the 1st puck if the team and Rosen show progress. The 1st pick QBs are rarely successful anyways. It’s more about the team that is around the QB.
28% of Super Bowls won by a #1 overall QB pick.

1st pick QBs "rarely successful"

I agree with you. The one thing I will add, though, is that tanking to this degree has to be about getting a franchise quarterback. Perhaps that changes if Rosen plays well and maybe that quarterback talk isn't set in stone. But when Miami traded Tunsil and M. Fitzpatrick, that signaled to me that the first overall pick was important. Prior to that, the Dolphins had traded vets or players who no longer fit like Tannehill, Alonzo etc.

It comes down to making the right choices with those draft picks, but man will the offseason be exciting.
Its gonna be nuts between the draft and the crap load of cap space we have. For years, the offseason has been the most exciting of the year for being a fan of this team (with the exception of Gase's 1st year), but this year is gonna be at a whole new level.

So your definition of winning is how we position ourselves for the draft and not on winning games.

When will winning shift to meaning winning games? Will it be after we start winning games?

Short sighted is thinking 1 or 2 wins this year makes a difference in 5 years. Us winning any games this year doesnt affect next year because over half of this roster is gonna be turnovered. You know what makes a difference in 5 years? A good QB that we draft with the 1st overall pick.

Every unbiased fan understands if Rosen plays well enough to convince Flo he doesn't need a R1 QB, Miami will have one more pick to fill a hole. I'm not convinced Rosen is the guy, but that's essentially an 'extra' pick.

I agree we need to see development/talent in the coaching staff, but I'd like to see a number of the youngsters play to an 'average' level or better. Fewer holes makes the draft easier.

i am afraid of small minded stubbornness thinking by Flores
his personnel choices have sucked for the most part

In what way? My point is we need all of the picks that we have to fix the team as much as possible. Trading up for Tua makes no sense becasue we need them all. To fix this team we need Tua and all of the picks.

I would rather have Tua and all of the picks, instead of Tua and half of them. What seems so confusing? Tua or any QB we draft will need a team around him.

Rosen is a joke and anyone putting their eggs in that basket is betting to lose. Clear enough?

To think we could even win more than 2 games is laughable.

We definitely need that #1 pick if we want Tua... otherwise we will be with the what ifs.

If we can't get the 1st overall pick it will show how inept this team really is at doing anything they plan... how can we win a superbowl if we cant even tank right?

We have a bunch of picks and have twice as many holes on the roster... and most of the picks we will draft will probably not even pan out as Chris Grier's drafting record exemplifies. We cannot trade away multiple assets for 1 guy. We are not 1 be player away from winning.

Even Tua cant do **** with this team like this.
I went back and re-read your post. This is my interpretation of what I read:

#1 You want us to get a specific QB in 2020, except the front office is too ineffective to make that happen.
"We definitely need that #1 pick if we want Tua... otherwise we will be with the what ifs.
If we can't get the 1st overall pick it will show how inept this team really is at doing anything they plan... how can we win a superbowl if we cant even tank right?"

#2 We have some many needs that moving up to the 1st pick would be a waste of picks that we need so many of.
We have a bunch of picks and have twice as many holes on the roster... and most of the picks we will draft will probably not even pan out as Chris Grier's drafting record exemplifies. We cannot trade away multiple assets for 1 guy. We are not 1 be player away from winning.

#3 If we get a specific QB, they will be ineffective if the team doesn't get better.
"Even Tua cant do **** with this team like this."

My conclusion is:
#1 Is inconsistent to itself.
#2 While I agree that moving up in 2020 would be a criminal waste of potential draft picks, it does contradict #1
#3 Neutralizes the combination of #1 and #2 making the post a "so what".

This post contradicts itself and it's conclusion is, that although it contradicts itself, even if it happened it wouldn't make any difference, thus "so what".

As I review all this I realize this post is a double "so what".

No for many posters on here it will never shift. We will just get grown men constantly crying and whining probably for an infinite amount of time unless Rosen or whatever QB we do end up with ends up being good. If that doesn't happen it will continue on forever. We already went through this with the last QB we were supposed to tank for. What team does he play for again????????

Just because we've failed at some draft picks before (though we've gotten better in recent years IMO), doesn't diminish the value of having the #1 Overall Pick.

There's also the fact that the Tua pick isn't getting traded unless the Cardinals or Jets get it and it would wipe out our next 2-3 drafts to even be in the ballpark of obtaining it through trade. (Jets wouldn't trade it to us for any amount of picks)

So in summary, yes, winning a couple of meaningless games will make a difference.

A very well presented argument.

I personally would not consider trading up under any circumstances.

I disagree with your position because I feel the chance of our getting a successful NFL game changing QB is offset by the needs we have on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball; but mostly the offensive line. For this reason I prefer we get an offensive lineman and particularly a center with our first draft pick. The Bengals got a center with one of their early draft picks in the 1970's and 2 years later were in the Superbowl. They also got two big offensive, linemen that year if I remember correctly.

In the end, I hope whatever the Front Office does during the draft is successful.

Really all comes down to whether you buy into the Tua hype. If you do, clearly getting the #1 pick is the highest priority. If you think he's a similar talent to some of the other top QBs, then sure, let's get some wins. Personally im all in on Tua. I have some reservations, I don't see him as a Luck type prospect but IMO he's the closest thing since.

Now That's and honest and reasonable response... can you, I don't know... maybe drag some of the Tua cultists back to reality.

Back
Top Bottom