Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

Helsinki Syndrome?
n. A psychological syndrome in which a person being held captive begins to identify with and grow sympathetic to his or her captor, simultaneously becoming unsympathetic towards the police or other authorities. [After Stockholmwhere a hostage in a 1973 bank robbery became romantically attached to one of her captors.]

Ironic Locke :shrug: Aren't you the guy who recently declared that if you were a GM, you wouldn't even take Nick Bosa in the 3rd round (because he has the audacity to have different opinions than yours?) Is this not a manifestation of Stockholm/Helsinki Syndrome?

Not even in the same hemisphere. You should probably stick to your profession. I’ll stick to mine.

And no, I wouldn’t even consider that idiot as an UDFA. But isn’t that what everyone says about Kap? I don’t see the difference.

Not even in the same hemisphere. You should probably stick to your profession. I’ll stick to mine.

And no, I wouldn’t even consider that idiot as an UDFA. But isn’t that what everyone says about Kap? I don’t see the difference.
Lucky for all of us you can sit in your ivory armchair and make moral judgments instead of actually making decisions that count :up: It would be funny if Tua shares Bosa's opinions.. would love to see heads explode. Me personally, I could care what they think so long as they behave themselves and help my team to succeed. Guess I'm funny that way :shrug:

What actually makes you a Tua cultist? I fully want us to get the #1 pick and to draft Tua since we need a qb and he currently is the top dog, but I'm not going be surprised if he doesn't work out. I've mentioned this a few times, but in the last 10 draft, 8 qb's have been picked #1 and only 1 (Luck) has really lived up to it. That being said, if you need a qb which it appears we do (although I'm still not writing Rosen off) and you have the #1 pick, you absolutely take Tua.

There is a consistancy among the Tua Cultists... the worst among them ONLY want Tua... no other QB will do. No sacrifice is too great to bear.

There is a certain childish footstomping behavior that swirls around them.

Rosen sucks, all the other QBs in the draft suck... Tua uber alles!

It's kind of sad that they are Dolphins fans; I've generally associated this sort of slipshod logic with Jets fans.

What actually makes you a Tua cultist? I fully want us to get the #1 pick and to draft Tua since we need a qb and he currently is the top dog, but I'm not going be surprised if he doesn't work out. I've mentioned this a few times, but in the last 10 draft, 8 qb's have been picked #1 and only 1 (Luck) has really lived up to it. That being said, if you need a qb which it appears we do (although I'm still not writing Rosen off) and you have the #1 pick, you absolutely take Tua.
And if he lives up to the hype you and others will argue that it Was bound to happen eventually that a Qb selected no.1 QB is that good

What is annoying is that people won’t go watch tape there is a lot of tape on these players - and the one we are talking so much about is actually still improving

The stock pile is the key to this whole rebuild.

The stock pile can never be big enough.

The stock pile must still be a "thing" 4 years from now.

The stock pile must never run out.

I don't want to be a "contender". I want to be hated by all 31 other franchises.

Lucky for all of us you can sit in your ivory armchair and make moral judgments instead of actually making decisions that count :up: It would be funny if Tua shares Bosa's opinions.. would love to see heads explode. Me personally, I could care what they think so long as they behave themselves and help my team to succeed. Guess I'm funny that way :shrug:

:lol:

You don’t have the slightest clue as to why I hold that opinion. You read a throw away comment in another forum and think you know everything? OK blue guy.

Those who root for us to lose work a very simplistic football mind in which the QB is the final solution to all our problems and we will be instantly great. They have very little understanding of what Grier and Flores want to accomplish and what their vision is.
While Flores and Co would like to win a game here and there this season it is mainly about finding a supporting cast for the future - players who are versatile, interchangeable and buy into the system and ideas Flores and Co are trying to build and instill.
Rosen's evaluation falls into the same category. We could lose every game and still not pick a QB if Flores and Co feel like that Rosen could be the guy in the future. As a matter of fact the irony is that we could win 6 games and Rosen may not be the guy but we could also lose all of our games and Rosen could be our guy. Any evalution of any player this year is done on an individual basis and is done independent on wins or losses.

This is a season where any Dolphins fan should relax and enjoy a season of evaluation without any pressure. In fact we are in a great position to find our franchise QB. We have a possible franchise QB on our roster and if not we have the 2020 draft and if not we have the 2021 draft.

Rooting against the Dolphins is a rather selfish act to satisfy a man crush or just hopping along on a name train (popular guy train). I personally do not care what the name of our future franchise QB is: Rosen, Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Pee Wee Herrman. Who gives a ****. If he is a franchise QB, he is a franchise QB. I do prefer Rosen to become a franchise QB because it would shorten our rebuild by a year because the pick we might use on a QB could be turned into ransom and we could easily double our picks. But I am also not 'married' to Rosen and if he does not turn out to be "the one" we simply take a shot in the draft. Instead of selling myself out to one guy and one outcome I keep my options open and enjoy this season. But to each his own.

The one thing I know is that in the future I will enjoy our success much more because I kept my options open while those who 'married' themselves to one name will have a hard time to backpedal if another QB will be our franchise QB. Awkwardness is preprogrammed. :lol:

Says the guy who called people simple minded for saying we were tanking while being dead ass wrong himself. Now we are simple minded for wanting Tua to be on this team. Go moderate some other forums. You have been wrong enough on this one.

Can we get really good and still lose every game by 1 point? Does that suffice?

How often is the first pick in the draft the best player drafted? In fact, how often is the top QB drafted even the best QB to be drafted that year?

How often is the first pick in the draft the best player drafted? In fact, how often is the top QB drafted even the best QB to be drafted that year?
Its all one big crap shoot, but I think he has been shown that the higher you draft whether round or pick in that round, the more likely that player will be a pro bowler; something like that.

And if he lives up to the hype you and others will argue that it Was bound to happen eventually that a Qb selected no.1 QB is that good

What is annoying is that people won’t go watch tape there is a lot of tape on these players - and the one we are talking so much about is actually still improving
I promise you I won't mention anything about that. I'll be too thrilled with the fact that we finally have an elite qb. And I'm not watching any tape b/c I'm not doing the drafting. Whichever qb we pick at #1 is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom