Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since we now have a significant stockpile of draft picks, does it make that much difference if we start winning a few gamws?

My posts usually break down as... why don't we wait and see what Rosen brings to the table over the next 12 games. Listen to what Flores says about him.

The Tua cultist responds. You are stupid. We have to have Tua. Only Tua… all other QBs are just like Tannehill.

This isn't rational.

My posts usually break down as... why don't we wait and see what Rosen brings to the table over the next 12 games. Listen to what Flores says about him.

The Tua cultist responds. You are stupid. We have to have Tua. Only Tua… all other QBs are just like Tannehill.

This isn't rational.

I'll take things that never happened for 500 Alex.

I remember when Ross said that Chad Henne was going to be the greatest quarterback in franchise history. Better than Marino.

Here's the deal - NFL head coaches will most often let you down. Owners will most often let you down. NFL GM's will most often let you down.

They'll try to convince you a lot of QB's are the guy - whether it's Henne, Tannehill, Culpepper, Fiedler.... trust them, they see him everyday in practice.

I can't speak for everybody, but my eyes don't let me down very often. I have to trust what I see over anything else. I knew none of those were the guy.

If Rosen is the guy, there will be no doubts. Everyone will know. There will be no dissenters. Anywhere.

Rosen has his chance to go out there and show the Dolphins they don't need a quarterback. Until it happens, they do.

I doubt it. (clever satire, no?)

Heh! back up and read some of the posts from earlier today.

I think your mistaken a couple of posters saying outlandish things as if they represent the entirety of the Tua cult.

I've read pro Rosen people say Rosen as of right now based on 2 decent havles has proven enough to be the QB of the future and they are comfortable with him going forward and we should build around him.

Would it make sense to take that ridiculous comment and proclaim all pro Rosen people feel the same? No the answer is no.

Winning is should be, what sports is all about. But as we know, in every sport, some franchises don't get it right for long periods of time. The draft picks should help to rebuild the Miami Dolphins' Franchise back into a winning organization. But it has to be done right. F/A in 2020 is apparently very strong, hopefully Miami makes a few well thought out F/A signings to help the platura of draft picks the team holds over the next 2 drafts. I can see a scenario where Miami completely rebuilds the team into a competitive one, in just 1 offseason. But I think it's more than likely, miami returns to prominence after the 2021 offseason. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

I think your mistaken a couple of posters saying outlandish things as if they represent the entirety of the Tua cult.

I've read pro Rosen people say Rosen as of right now based on 2 decent havles has proven enough to be the QB of the future and they are comfortable with him going forward and we should build around him.

Would it make sense to take that ridiculous comment and proclaim all pro Rosen people feel the same? No the answer is no.

You will note that I very specifically mentioned that the posters with well-reasoned pro-Tua comments were not of the cult.

Unfortunately, there are a significant number of the Tua crowd who are flame-throwing slackwits. You know, like the guys who listen to the Jim Rome show.

None of the current elite quarterbacks in this league were drafted at #1 or #2. Most weren't even drafted in the top 10.

If we have the #1 pick then they should take whatever qb they're convinced will be the franchise qb we need. If we don't have the #1 pick then I hope to God we don't trade a large part of the draft capital we've obtained in order to move UP and take ANY player. Because if we do and that player is a bust then most everything we've been doing this last year will have been a waste.

If we don't have that #1 pick then we absolutely need to trade DOWN and obtain more high picks and double down and take qbs with our 1st pick and maybe again in the 2nd. And let those two battle it out with Rosen and the loser gets traded.

Those who root for us to lose work a very simplistic football mind in which the QB is the final solution to all our problems and we will be instantly great. They have very little understanding of what Grier and Flores want to accomplish and what their vision is.
While Flores and Co would like to win a game here and there this season it is mainly about finding a supporting cast for the future - players who are versatile, interchangeable and buy into the system and ideas Flores and Co are trying to build and instill.
Rosen's evaluation falls into the same category. We could lose every game and still not pick a QB if Flores and Co feel like that Rosen could be the guy in the future. As a matter of fact the irony is that we could win 6 games and Rosen may not be the guy but we could also lose all of our games and Rosen could be our guy. Any evalution of any player this year is done on an individual basis and is done independent on wins or losses.

This is a season where any Dolphins fan should relax and enjoy a season of evaluation without any pressure. In fact we are in a great position to find our franchise QB. We have a possible franchise QB on our roster and if not we have the 2020 draft and if not we have the 2021 draft.

Rooting against the Dolphins is a rather selfish act to satisfy a man crush or just hopping along on a name train (popular guy train). I personally do not care what the name of our future franchise QB is: Rosen, Tua, Herbert, Fromm, Pee Wee Herrman. Who gives a ****. If he is a franchise QB, he is a franchise QB. I do prefer Rosen to become a franchise QB because it would shorten our rebuild by a year because the pick we might use on a QB could be turned into ransom and we could easily double our picks. But I am also not 'married' to Rosen and if he does not turn out to be "the one" we simply take a shot in the draft. Instead of selling myself out to one guy and one outcome I keep my options open and enjoy this season. But to each his own.

The one thing I know is that in the future I will enjoy our success much more because I kept my options open while those who 'married' themselves to one name will have a hard time to backpedal if another QB will be our franchise QB. Awkwardness is preprogrammed. :lol:
Oh, I almost missed this post. Probably because you were so high on your soapbox I could hardly see you. I always enjoy reading the irony of someone proclaiming to have a higher football IQ than others while backing a stance that is very laissez-faire. You'd make a pretty decent politician. Unfortunately I don't succumb to buzzwords and recognize a post with more stawmans than an Iowan farmer has need for.

Here. Forget the nonsense. I'll make it extremely easy for you and every other anti-Tua / pro-Rosen / whatever reader on this forum.

I want Tua because in my opinion Rosen has proven to be no better than Chad Henne, because I believe Tua is the best QB prospect to come out since Luck, because I think for a single draft pick a quarterback will add the most value to the team, and because winning 0 games or 3 games this year makes no difference whatsoever towards our future outside of lowering the chance to solve the position that has been plaguing us for a quarter century. Tua could absolutely be a bust because there's no sure thing in the draft, but just because something isn't guaranteed doesn't mean I'm not going to take my best shot at success.

I also think... and get this, because it might actually blow your mind... that a quarterback, no matter who he has around him, can play better than what Rosen has shown. Eeeeeeverything can and is being used as an excuse for his play and it's nauseating that this fan base hasn't learned from the 7 years worth of excuses that were constantly being thrown at Ryan Tannehill. We took the "sure thing" in Jake Long before instead of Matt Ryan and this fan base didn't learn from that lesson either.

Rosen has started 15 games. His career high yards is 252. His career high passer rating is 88.9, below league average and that's his BEST.

You say, "But Kamelion! He has nobody around him! His line sucks and his weapons suck and they drop passes and fumble every single time they touch the ball!"

And to that I say:
Dan Orlovsky - Started 7 games for the 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions: His top yards that year was 292 and his top passer rating was 99.6.
Jon Kitna - Started 4 games for the 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions: His top yards that year was 276 and his top passer rating was 103.3
The corpse of Dante Culpepper - Started 5 games for the 2008 0-16 Detroit Lions: His top yards that year was 220 and his top passer rating was 102.8.

DeShone Kizer - Started 15 games for the 2017 0-16 Cleveland Browns: His top yards that year was 314 and his top passer rating was 99.4.
Kevin Hogan - Started 1 game for the 2017 0-16 Cleveland Browns: His top yards that year was 194 and his top passer rating was 122.4.

So weird that the FIVE different quarterbacks on the two worst teams of all-time managed to ALL put up a more efficient game than Rosen has and 60% beat his career high in yards despite a much smaller sample size.

Make no mistake... all of those QBs are/were awful so if that's the bar that Rosen has to get over first, then him eventually turning into a "franchise guy" is not something that's likely in this physical plane.

But yeah, keep showing up to talk down to people. I can not even believe that you're actually a moderator.

I really don't understand why some people want us to win 3 or 4 games this year so bad. Lets say we beat the bengals, the skins and the jets twice.......so we end up 4-12 and probably draft 8 or 9. Is that what you really want? Middle of the packs once again and people thinking we're making progress cause we beat 3 horrible teams?.....smh

I really don't understand why some people want us to win 3 or 4 games this year so bad. Lets say we beat the bengals, the skins and the jets twice.......so we end up 4-12 and probably draft 8 or 9. Is that what you really want? Middle of the packs once again and people thinking we're making progress cause we beat 3 horrible teams?.....smh

Is going 4 -12 the middle of the pack?

Does that make 8 - 8 playoff material?

Is going 4 -12 the middle of the pack?

Does that make 8 - 8 playoff material?
ok so just below middle of the pack. Same thing different year. For once I'd like a chance to draft a QB that can be great instead of drafting one and hoping it'll work out. 4-12 or 8-8 doesn't make me feel good but a chance to have the top pick in EVERY round gives me hope.

Back
Top Bottom