Since Week 6 Tua Leads all QBs in 4th Quarter Passing Yards | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Since Week 6 Tua Leads all QBs in 4th Quarter Passing Yards

What the hell, I’ll take a shot at one of these idiotic arguments.

Yeah, but if Tua was doing his job in the first 3 quarters Miami would be up by 40 points and wouldn’t have to throw for all those yards.

The real sign of a great QB is how few yards they throw in the 4th quarter, not how many yards.
Talk to our wonderful OC, and GM on that.

If they were not trying to force a run down the middle with a bunch of undersized RBs, then put it on Tua to have to convert contiued 3rd and longs with a inexperienced bad O-line, and whomever is still healthy enough to play receiver.

Tua still has a lot of growing to do, no doubt there, but not exactly being helped by many around him...Though strange how in the 4th, when the OCs finally put the ball in his hand to win it, he does.

Yeah, but if Tua was doing his job in the first 3 quarters Miami would be up by 40 points and wouldn’t have to throw for all those yards.

The real sign of a great QB is how few yards they throw in the 4th quarter, not how many yards.
:hclap: you got so many of them with this.

IMO Tua is obviously a player who plays big in the big moments, but the real difference in the stats is the play calling. The Dolphins tend to be too conservative for 3 quarters and are often in tight games at the end. Then they get desperate and feel they have to go for it. They take more chances and Tua delivers.

As another poster already noted, Tua has always been clutch. Anyone who has followed his career from college to the NFL can see he's a guy who plays his best when the game is on the line. And, to me, that's one of the most important traits for a QB to have.

This tells me a few things. First, Tua is capable of putting the team on his back and carrying them when we are behind and we need a spark (we've seen it). Second, the hurry up offense that's attributed to some of these stats should be consider more throughout the game. Third, Tua gets in to groves and can move the ball when needed. Fourth, and most importantly, Tua can be an insanely accurate QB...which is undeniable support that we can win and be a playoff team with him as our QB. This is the kind of accuracy that can be compared to Brees, Manning, or Brady.

I love seeing this kid come in to his own.

i never liked in baseball when they come up with stats like player x is batting 243 in the last 3 innings of a game on the road?
the game is the whole game not just parts, if you're piling up stats in the 4th, why? is it because you're always behind? is it because you can't run the ball at any point in the game? i mean it's good if he's doing good in the 4th when it's needed, but i think i remember wishing we could eat some clock with a running game once and we couldn't, i would actually expect the patriots to have good stats in the 4th too since they try to run up the score if they can, does anyone track stats against good teams and against bad teams?

IMO Tua is obviously a player who plays big in the big moments, but the real difference in the stats is the play calling. The Dolphins tend to be too conservative for 3 quarters and are often in tight games at the end. Then they get desperate and feel they have to go for it. They take more chances and Tua delivers.
This tells me a few things. First, Tua is capable of putting the team on his back and carrying them when we are behind and we need a spark (we've seen it). Second, the hurry up offense that's attributed to some of these stats should be consider more throughout the game. Third, Tua gets in to groves and can move the ball when needed. Fourth, and most importantly, Tua can be an insanely accurate QB...which is undeniable support that we can win and be a playoff team with him as our QB. This is the kind of accuracy that can be compared to Brees, Manning, or Brady.

I love seeing this kid come in to his own.

I totally agree on how our staff should control our offense better. To put it in perspective, they should know when to go fast when you need to go fast, go slow when need to go slow. Control the tempo of the game. I know having a good running game would help implement that but i think they should still have that mentality.

He has always had the clutch gene.

Give him some protection and a chance at the end of games, and he's going to deliver.

You know how this will play out . . .
Good in 4Q? He should score more in the 1st 3
Scores a lot in 1st 3? $Q is when it counts and he has to pull it out
Game-winning drive fails on missed FG? He should have made a play to get 10 yds closer.

In this world, there is always a statistic to counter any other statistic

TT has played well. Still watching the progress

We are 1st in the league in QB pressure allowed. Tua is 4th best QB in avoiding being sacked. He must be doing something correct moving through the pocket and having a quick release.

First part yes, not the 40 point lead bit the premise. Second part no.

I would be most impressed in his ability to stay healthy as he has missed somewhere around 8 games already in his career to injury.

I would be most impressed in his ability to stay healthy as he has missed somewhere around 8 games already in his career to injury.
QBs have been getting hurt. He's not the only one. The stigma doesn't help him of course because he's been hurt since high school. His growth will continue as long as the Dolphins surround him with an offensive line that can actually protect him, a rb that can actually get yards and WRS that get open on short, intermediate and deep routes. Oh...and he has to stay healthy.

Back
Top Bottom