SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft

They are just 14 months out of an NFC championship and SB appearance, when was our last one ? We are also in a tough division, with the Bills (who had the 3rd best record in the league) a much improved (on paper) patriots team with all their FA signings as well as their opt outs coming back and a Gase less Jets who are building something with a very talented young HC. The Seahawks are a bit of a mess right now with Wilson calling out HC and oline, who knows what a stafford led Rams will be like, the Cards maybe SF's biggest competitor and they still unfortunately for them have kingsbury as HC. The NFC West is not the powerhouse it once was, last year it was distinctly average.
I guess I don't put as much stock into previous years as you do. I still think NFC West is definitely better than AFC East and I rather play Jets and Pats with Cam than any of the NFC West teams. I've seen many previous Superbowl teams not be the same since so 14 months ago means nothing to me.

Since your big on the past history shows spending that much in FA rarely works out so you got that against Pats too.

Last edited:
I guess I don't put as much stock into previous years as you do. I still think NFC West is definitely better than AFC East and I rather play Jets and Pats with Cam than any of the NFC West teams. I've seen many previous Superbowl teams not be the same since so 14 months ago means nothing to me.

Since your big on the past history shows spending that much in FA rarely works out so you got that against Pats too.

We went 3-1 against the NFC west last year and if Fitz hadn't wet the bed against Seattle, we could easy have been 4-0.

The Pats beat us first game of the season with that scrub roster, they filled a lot of holes and have some very notable opt outs coming back, they may only need Cam to be average to improve significantly on the 7 wins they got.

We went 3-1 against the NFC west last year and if Fitz hadn't wet the bed against Seattle, we could easy have been 4-0.

The Pats beat us first game of the season with that scrub roster, they filled a lot of holes and have some very notable opt outs coming back, they may only need Cam to be average to improve significantly on the 7 wins they got.
The first game of the year didn't mean much to me with no preseason and with pre season you still don't know what a team has until around week 4.

The first game of the year didn't mean much to me with no preseason and with pre season you still don't know what a team has until around week 4.

If you think the Pats won't be a lot better in 2021 than 2020, I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Damn you gotta give it to the Pats if they are still striking fear after last season and 20 days away from the draft. Lol

Think this is wishful thinking, SF have a much better roster than us when everyone is fit. We gained a 3rd this year not next (156) but gave away a better third rounder 123 to Philly to move back up, so we made our 2021 draft picks worse again. The only pay off is in 2023, a long way away. Do you think for a moment that SF would trade us #3 for #6 plus that 2023 1st ? No team would.
We did not gain a 3rd rounder this year, the 3rd round pick is in 2022 from the 49ers. Pick 156 was from the Eagles and that is a 5th round pick. 123 that went to the Eagles is a 4th round pick.

I don't overreact to "winning" the offseason
It's not about winniing an off season dude, it's about is that roster better than it was first day of last season ? If you think it's not you're out of your mind and you need to take your homer glasses off.

How did our draft positions get worse in 2022? We swapped our first round pick out but gained the 49ers. Have to think there is a good chance those picks are either in a similar slot next year or the 49ers pick is higher. Plus they gained a 3rd round pick.

You're definitely more optimistic than me. I sure do hope the 49ers have a worse record than us next year. I keep looking for the day they trade Jimmy G. That'd be a great help to us.

It's not about winniing an off season dude, it's about is that roster better than it was first day of last season ? If you think it's not you're out of your mind and you need to take your homer glasses off.
On paper sure they are better. A lot teams are are better on paper now after free agency. Good for them lol...

I have seen teams almost every year people say how much better they will be and they are not. Once again I just don't overreact to signings on a off-season I wait for it to be shown in games and at the moment speculation based off them "winning" the off-season that they will be better.

Also my view on this has nothing to do with being a Miami and no where did I say that so you can drop the Homer thing. I would say this for any team I have seen too many off-seasons where people talk up how much better a team is going to be due to their signings (Miami included) and it doesn't work out.

Last edited:
On paper sure they are better. A lot teams are are better on paper now after free agency. Good for them lol...

I have seen teams almost every year people say how much better they will be and they are not. Once again I just don't overreact to signings on a off-season I wait for it to be shown in games and at the moment speculation based off them "winning" the off-season that they will be better.

Also my view on this has nothing to do with being a Miami and no where did I say that so you can drop the Homer thing. I would say this for any team I have seen too many off-seasons where people talk up how much better a team is going to be due to their signings (Miami included) and it doesn't work out.

Agree. Every year 30 teams get better on paper. In this case, I'm not convinced many teams moving to #4 would get better

Back
Top Bottom