SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft

Want the Bengals to draft Sewell so Grier isn't tempted.
Three mock drafts I have seen show the Bengals drafting Pitts if he gets past the Falcons. A few other mock drafts have the Bengals selecting Chase. While mock drafts are nothing but opinions, it does appear that many now have the Bengals skipping Sewell to draft Pitts or Chase.

It will be interesting to see what the Dolphins do if Sewell is still on the board at 6. While I believe they will still go with a WR with their first pick, selecting Sewell at 6 and going with a lesser hyped WR at 18 wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Last edited:
Getting three 1st round picks and a 3rd round pick for the 3rd overall pick is never a dumb move. The 49ers greatly overpaid for that pick and I highly doubt the Falcons will get that compensation for the 4th pick (Unless they fall into the late teens/early 20s).

The Dolphins did pay a bit of a hefty price for the Eagles pick, but it does guarantee one of the top non-quarterback prospects.

Dropping only three spots and netting a future 1st and 3rd round pick to me is a great haul, doesn't matter that it happened a month before the draft or when the team was on the clock. The Dolphins get for sure value now, still get a player they highly covet and don't have to worry about teams looking to trade up getting cold feet and being stuck at 3 taking the same player they would have at 6. I bet you if the Falcons trade with like the Panthers at 8, that they are not getting a net value of a future 1st and 3rd round pick.
Preach it.

Falcons trading out would nearly guarantee Pitts falls to us. Only problem is the maniac Bengals and their absurd team choices. The reason the Bengals O-line is such trash is because they put no stock in it. But then again you dont become the Bengals without all their awful choices.

Three mock drafts I have see show the Bengals drafting Pitts if he gets past the Falcons. A few other mock drafts have the Bengals selecting Chase. While mock drafts are nothing but opinions, it does appear that many now have the Bengals skipping Sewell to draft Pitts or Chase.

It will be interesting to see what the Dolphins do if Sewell is still on the board at 6. While I believe they will still go with a WR with their first pick, selecting Sewell at 6 and going with a lesser hyped WR at 18 wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Pitts or Chase give me one............or Smith

Silver lining is Grier could draft Sewell and trade Austin Jackson to a team looking for a left tackle. Then draft Evan Neal next year and trade Sewell to a team looking for a left tackle.

Keep doing this and be in the running for Executive of the Year for the next 3 or 4 years.

I think he's onto something.

OLT a revolving door in S Fla?

You were talking about perpetual trades... not an easy path to the QB /s

He could be. I think it's one of the receivers.

Chase seems to be more of what we have rather than what we don't have. He's more of a jump ball/physical type reciever. It doesn't mean he can't get open with quickness/speed. But that's not generally his game.

Now someone like Smith is exactly the type of player with that type of game we don't have. He's creating seperation at almost every level of the route..consistently.

Pitts arghh...seems so redundant to what we have in Gesicki... I get it! I get it! Supposedly he's a better version. Fine!

Chase seems to be more of what we have rather than what we don't have. He's more of a jump ball/physical type reciever. It doesn't mean he can't get open with quickness/speed. But that's not generally his game.

Now someone like Smith is exactly the type of player with that type of game we don't have. He's creating seperation at almost every level of the route..consistently.

Pitts arghh...seems so redundant to what we have in Gesicki... I get it! I get it! Supposedly he's a better version. Fine!
I do think Smith is a great fit, potentially the best fit. Heck, I've compared him to the best wide receiver in Miami Dolphins history, Paul Warfield. So, you know I love Smith.

I just don't know if Grier will agree. NFL Network, featuring former receivers, have Chase #1. That may mean absolutely nothing because Grier and Flores are making the decision.

Not at all surprising. But given that the board is now STACKED on QB's at 1 through 3, they're not going to get as much for #4. Still, only could be a few desperate teams, my buess is Carolina. The others possibilities are Denver or New England. The Patriots cannot and will not give up enough to compete if it becomes any kind of bidding contest. Carolina would be more likely to win vs. Denver if it did become a contest, because the Carolina owner is hell-bent on getting a marquee QB, and without Watson ... he's going to draft one. Thing is, at #8, he may well draft the same guy he'd draft at #4, because unless the Broncos/Patriots leapfrog him, there will be no QB's drafting 4 through 7.

I do think Smith is a great fit, potentially the best fit. Heck, I've compared him to the best wide receiver in Miami Dolphins history, Paul Warfield. So, you know I love Smith.

I just don't know if Grier will agree. NFL Network, featuring former receivers, have Chase #1. That may mean absolutely nothing because Grier and Flores are making the decision.
I just heard - I think it was on a podcast, so I don't have a link- maybe it was the Phinside the NFL...that Miami is leaning away from guys who opted out. I think it was said that Tony Pauline reported it.(If you even want to believe it)
If that is true, -obviously, big IF- it would bump Chase from our list. I don't think anyone is taking Devonta Smith before us. I just can't see it.
And if he is a Paul Warfield- and what a good comp, I see how you came up with that- (based on physical traits) I am pouncing on him at 6 no doubt.
I love Smith- I would have to go Pitts ahead of him, but if Pitts gets taken and we select DSmith I will not cry in my milk.

Back
Top Bottom