SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft

If ATL does end up trading out of 4, I’m thinking it’s more likely it happens once they are on the clock.

Reason being is that the org trading up might actually want to see if the QB they like most actually falls. Nobody knows for sure whether the Niners are taking Jones, Fields or Lance. I’ve seen all three speculated there.

The widespread belief as far as I can tell is Mac Jones. But nobody knows for sure.

It seems pretty risky to trade for 4 now — surrendering the capital that’s needed to do so — not knowing for sure which 2 (Jones, Fields, Lance) will be there? Unless you like all of them pretty equally??

And how many org’s are left to be realistically interested? DEN and NE?

I’d hate to trade all the way down to 15 in this draft. ATL better get a lot if they do that.
You are correct, sir!

Touchy today, eh? ;)

Just being observant. And not seeing the joke. You gotta problem with it fella?

Apparently so. Oh well.

Well I hesitated to post it thinking you might not get it. Took a chance.

Its a third rounder next year and a first rounder in 2 years. We didnt even get a current year draft pick to move out of the top 10. It was terrible value. No other way to look at it. Everyone praising the deal is a bit odd. Like im seriously trying to come up with a way to rationalize it but I can't. At minimum we should have taken the 49ers 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounder THIS YEAR and next year's first. Had you waited them out until the draft, you probably get more.

If you like the deal, Id love to make a deal with you in the future.
So what if it is in the future? Miami already has two first round picks and two second round picks this year. I love the fact that the high round draft picks are spread out over many years.

This. My biggest nightmare scenario in this draft is hearing his name called when we pick at 6. That, and a defensive player.

That pick needs to be a playmaker. Anything else is a massive failure. Period.
I still don't understand how one can root against offense the first 3 to 4 picks. WR, RB ,TE, OL ...let's get the offense rolling!

Atlanta may really want to trade down from 4, but may not be able to.

Even though Fields, Lance, whoever-QB may still be on the board.

Might just have to sit at 4 and a pick player.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I think that's exactly what Miami was afraid might happen to them, so that's why they made the move so early with San Francisco. Everyone complaining that Miami didn't get enough in the trade down are not looking at that trade separately from the trade back up to six. That's where Miami paid the price in value.

The Patriots will pick Justin Fields with the 5 pick acquired from the Bengals. AFC East is going to be a lot of fun with Allen, Tua, Zach and Fields airing it out.

I think that's exactly what Miami was afraid might happen to them, so that's why they made the move so early with San Francisco. Everyone complaining that Miami didn't get enough in the trade down are not looking at that trade separately from the trade back up to six. That's where Miami paid the price in value.
And if the difference between the top couple of elite players on your board (or even your number one overall prospect) and picking a second tier player is a first rounder next season (when you have two, and one just came in trade with another future first and third), and a drop of 30 spots in the fourth this year, I do that all day every day.

The Patriots will pick Justin Fields with the 5 pick acquired from the Bengals. AFC East is going to be a lot of fun with Allen, Tua, Zach and Fields airing it out.
I would love that.

Especially if Bill Tinyc0ck had to fork over a couple first round picks, plus, plus, plus.

Well I hesitated to post it thinking you might not get it. Took a chance.

We all gotta do what we gotta do. But I already knew you were the adventurous type. No surprises there.

FWIW this latest crack at humor actually made sense. Well done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom