SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft

Its a third rounder next year and a first rounder in 2 years. We didnt even get a current year draft pick to move out of the top 10. It was terrible value. No other way to look at it.

Clearly there are many other ways to look at it. As proven by the varied opinions on this forum.

Sorry to hear that you lack the ability to look at it any other way.

IMO that’s the exact problem the naysayers all have in common. They are stuck in believing things are static or in black and white. They aren’t.

Circumstances tend to vary and times often change.

Last edited:
This. My biggest nightmare scenario in this draft is hearing his name called when we pick at 6. That, and a defensive player.

That pick needs to be a playmaker. Anything else is a massive failure. Period.

I fully agree. Offensive play maker.

Though, I’d be more upset if a defensive player is selected over Sewell. But both scenarios are disappointing.

Its a third rounder next year and a first rounder in 2 years. We didnt even get a current year draft pick to move out of the top 10. It was terrible value. No other way to look at it. Everyone praising the deal is a bit odd. Like im seriously trying to come up with a way to rationalize it but I can't. At minimum we should have taken the 49ers 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounder THIS YEAR and next year's first. Had you waited them out until the draft, you probably get more.

If you like the deal, Id love to make a deal with you in the future.
So the way this trade worked our we would have netted a 2nd and 3rd in this year draft to be where we are now with no future 1st. Instead we now have a late 3rd next year and in 2023 we have that 1st.
Where that 1st plays in in 23 is if we have to move on from Tua and need a new QB. Gives him 3 years to prove himself especially with his injury bug. That's a straidgy trade more than a value trade not saying that's what Grier was doing but I would consider it in their place. What I am more concerned with is us swapping out our first next year with the 49ers. Odds are they will have a better record next year all things considered with their injury, QB and cov issues.

This. My biggest nightmare scenario in this draft is hearing his name called when we pick at 6. That, and a defensive player.

That pick needs to be a playmaker. Anything else is a massive failure. Period.

I have a general idea on most of their picks. But a defensive player with the glearing needs on offense would be a nightmare.

Were still getting our pick of Chase/Pitts/Waddle @ 6 and that is great and exactly what we need.

I don't see why a team would pay the assets required to move to #4 at this point. Presumably they'd either a) have their eyes set on a non-QB prospect, or b) be okay with multiple QB options falling to them, or c) actually know who the top 3 teams are drafting.

Atlanta making it known they are open for business makes sense, but someone taking them up on it before they are on the clock seems unlikely doesn't it?

I don't see why a team would pay the assets required to move to #4 at this point. Presumably they'd either a) have their eyes set on a non-QB prospect, or b) be okay with multiple QB options falling to them, or c) actually know who the top 3 teams are drafting.

Atlanta making it known they are open for business makes sense, but someone taking them up on it before they are on the clock seems unlikely doesn't it?
I think it's B.

...and I suspect that you are correct; a deal won't be made until Atlanta is on the clock.

The only way that someone would move early if is they really liked 4 of the 5 QB candidates, and avoiding their fifth choice was important to them.

The scenario being if another QB desperate team wants to be assured at least the 4th qb option whoever it may be. If I like 4 qb's I want to make sure to get the 4th spot before another team pounces.

Saw this on Twitter suggesting Atlanta GM wants to go QB at #4.

EA6DBA69-37F0-4BF8-B347-BF26D121A814.jpg

Back
Top Bottom