SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft

With Miami having dodged the bullets of a disastrous Watson trade and/or Aaron Jones signing (despite perhaps their own worst instincts), the only bullet I have left to sweat over is picking Jamarr Chase (glorified JAG) over Kyle Pitts or - if Pitts is gone - the far better fits of Slim Reaper/Jaylen Waddle.

It's gonna be a little painful to keep all these fingers crossed over the next few weeks but I'm willing to do it.

Dear Lord help this board if ATL does trade out and recieve more comp than the Dolphins did for #3.

I'm signing off and just seeing what we pick on draft day.

I can't take the inevitable fire Grier, fire Flo, fire Ross, fire Grant etc type maddness that would ensue.
I'm assuming the teams will be guided by the Dolphins Niners trade but agree with you it will be painful.

With Miami having dodged the bullets of a disastrous Watson trade and/or Aaron Jones signing (despite perhaps their own worst instincts), the only bullet I have left to sweat over is picking Jamarr Chase (glorified JAG) over Kyle Pitts or - if Pitts is gone - the far better fits of Slim Reaper/Jaylen Waddle.

It's gonna be a little painful to keep all these fingers crossed over the next few weeks but I'm willing to do it.

I'm a big fan for fit and for me Smith is the best fit over any of the mentioned above. Yes! Even over the GREAT Pitts that everyone seems to love.

But let's not act like none of these players aren't expected to be pretty good in the NFL.

Honestly, have to keep that in mind. Even if we take Chase over the other two you gotta remember you're getting one hell of a player.

Look at it from another perspective..If we draft Chase isn't it likely at worst he's the 2nd best reciever on our team for day 1? If we had the 2nd best reciever available last season does he help us make the playoff?

Perspective is a big thing!

Last edited:
I'm a big fan for fit of Smith over any of the mentioned above. Yes! Even over the GREAT Pitts that everyone seems to love.

But let's not act like none of these players aren't expected to be pretty good in the NFL.

Honestly, have to keep that in mind. Even if we take Chase over the other two you gotta remember you're getting one hell of a player.

Look at it from another perspective..If we draft Chase isn't it likely at worst he's the 2nd best reciever on our team? If we had the 2nd best reciever available last season does he help us make the playoff?

Perspective is a big thing!
If Chase is the pick I'll choke down my concerns and hope the scouting department had truly done their due diligence. But I'm of the camp that Chase is just another version of what we already have: a guy who is more physical than fast that will rely on contested balls (with a much smaller catch radius than his new teammates) and whose game largely relies on getting away with things in his routes that may not work at all - depending on who's officiating his games - at the next level.

If Chase is the pick I'll choke down my concerns and hope the scouting department had truly done their due diligence. But I'm of the camp that Chase is just another version of what we already have: a guy who is more physical than fast that will rely on contested balls (with a much smaller catch radius than his new teammates) and whose game largely relies on getting away with things in his routes that may not work at all - depending on who's officiating his games - at the next level.

I'm with you on that! He'd be my number 3 in order of preference. But we get what we get! Not much we can do about it.

Dear Lord help this board if ATL does trade out and recieve more comp than the Dolphins did for #3.

I'm signing off and just seeing what we pick on draft day.

I can't take the inevitable fire Grier, fire Flo, fire Ross, fire Grant etc type maddness that would ensue.
How so? The kings ransom was correct for the #3. The bigger issue for most was the trade required to get back to 6.

How so? The kings ransom was correct for the #3. The bigger issue for most was the trade required to get back to 6.

You don’t think if Atl pulls off a trade and the comp is to move say to #12 and that team gives them say 3 first round picks. Some will absolutely be calling for Flo and Grier’s collective heads?

I agree he duplicates much of what we have, but he is an alpha receiver. There's no route he can't run. And myth buster alert..he creates good separation and YAC. His catch radius is fine.

That being said...I want Pitts/Chase/Smith in that order. I do think Smith and Waddle may fit better than Chase though.

You don’t think if Atl pulls off a trade and the comp is to move say to #12 and that team gives them say 3 first round picks. Some will absolutely be calling for Flo and Grier’s collective heads?
They'd have done that if Grier got 10 first round picks 😂😂😂.

BTW...here in Atlanta the outcomes of a potential trade we are hearing is wild speculation. But if I'm Fautenot (Falcon GM) the stage has been set for a Miami like haul.

They'd have done that if Grier got 10 first round picks 😂😂😂.

BTW...here in Atlanta the outcomes of a potential trade we are hearing is wild speculation. But if I'm Fautenot (Falcon GM) the stage has been set for a Miami like haul.

Is the GM new? If so, How do you not clear house and get rid of old Ryan and Julio and rebuild that team?

Back
Top Bottom