SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI's Breer reports: Falcons have had "exploratory talks" with teams about Atlanta's No. 4 pick in 2021 Draft

Upon first reading this thread I wondered whether any of the org’s reportedly engaged in “exploratory” talks with ATL might not be in the QB market but rather aiming to position themselves at the head of the line for the non-QB’s.

It’s sounding as if Dallas might be trying to do just that.

I hope ATL stays put for a QB themselves or demands a return that makes it cost prohibitive for someone targeting a non-QB.

Upon first reading this thread I wondered whether any of the org’s reportedly engaged in “exploratory” talks with ATL might not be in the QB market but rather aiming to position themselves at the head of the line for the non-QB’s.

I hope ATL stays put for a QB themselves or demands a return that makes it cost prohibitive for someone targeting a non-QB.
Could be but Atlanta would just want return they wouldn't really care for who. I haven't seen anywhere that says the Cowboys are interested in moving up only that they like Pitts at their draft spot if there.

Atlanta being in the driver seat shows how dumb Grier's was to move on from the 3rd pick a month out from the draft. Crazy how we moved back from 3 to 6 and netted a 3rd rounder next year and a first rounder in the 2056 draft. He should be fired for that alone.
Except we got the biggest haul ever for the 3rd overall pick so I think your wrong. We also had multiple offers of which I assume none better than San Frans

At this point the best thing Atlanta can do is hold off until draft day and wait to see who falls. Their phones may be lighting up as soon as they’re on the clock.
Of course, if they do happen to get an incredible offer before d day then they probably take it. But sitting on pick 4 until the last minute might get them the beer possible value.

At this point the best thing Atlanta can do is hold off until draft day and wait to see who falls. Their phones may be lighting up as soon as they’re on the clock.
Of course, if they do happen to get an incredible offer before d day then they probably take it. But sitting on pick 4 until the last minute might get them the beer possible value.

That’s been my thought too. If they do trade out, it probably won’t happen til they are on the clock.

But who knows what any of these GM’s are gonna do nowadays.

Just a heads up your are going to be attacked relentlessly until you stop replying out of insanity. Way too many morons on this forum think Smith is the end all be all WR that can walk on water.

Conversely way too many morons on this forum think Smith is somehow going to fail or suddenly become injury prone due to his weight when there’s never been a hint of either up to this point in his career.

As for walking on water, Smith came about as close to it in college as any player has. Not many have
produced like he did at the P5 level, won a Heisman, and helped their team to win 2 Nat’l titles — scoring the game winning TD in one title game and completely dominating the other.

Why guys like you remain so stubbornly resistant to acknowledging the above and recognizing that this dude isn’t just ‘some player‘ is baffling.

I’m a lifelong Ohio State fan. A very hardcore Buckeyes fan. I don’t like Alabama. At all. Or the SEC in general.

But I can easily recognize and acknowledge a unique or special player when I see one. And Smith has been a special player to this point in his playing career. The accomplishments speak for themselves.

Is it possible he won‘t be able to replicate the accomplishments and success at the next level? Of course. That’s possible for each and every prospect.

But Smith’s chances are as good as any other prospect. Maybe even better.

The fact that you and others can’t overcome your own bias to recognize what is easily recognizable says a lot about you.

Moreover it’s fine that you prefer other prospects more than Smith, but to mock or hate on other’s for recognizing and acknowledging what you can’t, again, says a lot about you.

You aren’t really a contender unless you have a quarterback that can run the system you want to install. You are forced to play to his strengths and forced into his limitations. Not the top five teams or bottom five, all 32. Atlanta’s pick, and the Bengals pick, are in play for teams that have spotted a guy and want the guy. Maybe he will drop to Denver or Patriots, but they all know the rivals are plotting to make the move and win. If there are two or three teams thinking they just can’t risk another season of mediocrity when their guy is right there at four or five, and sucking for another long season may be career jeopardy, they move up just to make sure the other guy doesn’t. Atlanta does feel Ryan has a little more in the tank, so I do believe they are open to BPA in the top twenty and a number one they can use on a quarterback a year from now. The Bengals will take Chase and won’t be moved off unless they would be willing to draft Waddle or one of the other top guys or in position to still get Sewell, a player and picks. Those two picks are definitely still in play just by the nature of teams having to move up to prevent another team from doing it. It is possible, as crazy as it sounds just from draft history, that the first five picks are quarterbacks. If the Patriots don’t do it, Belichick goes back to being the Cleveland Belichick that he was. No way he sits like a chump and accepts that.

Conversely way too many morons on this forum think Smith is somehow going to fail or suddenly become injury prone due to his weight when there’s never been a hint of either up to this point in his career.

As for walking on water, Smith came about as close to it in college as any player has. Not many have
produced like he did at the P5 level, won a Heisman, and helped their team to win 2 Nat’l titles — scoring the game winning TD in one title game and completely dominating the other.

Why guys like you remain so stubbornly resistant to acknowledging the above and recognizing that this dude isn’t just ‘some player‘ is baffling.

I’m a lifelong Ohio State fan. A very hardcore Buckeyes fan. I don’t like Alabama. At all. Or the SEC in general.

But I can easily recognize and acknowledge a unique or special player when I see one. And Smith has been a special player to this point in his playing career. The accomplishments speak for themselves.

Is it possible he won‘t be able to replicate the accomplishments and success at the next level? Of course. That’s possible for each and every prospect.

But Smith’s chances are as good as any other prospect. Maybe even better.

The fact that you and others can’t overcome your own bias to recognize what is easily recognizable says a lot about you.

Moreover it’s fine that you prefer other prospects more than Smith, but to mock or hate on other’s for recognizing and acknowledging what you can’t, again, says a lot about you.
His lack of weight is a bit of a concern..he's. the most 'Dense' WR in the NFL the second he steps foot on the playing field at 6'1" and 170lbs, if that. But hey, he is a great player and has a chance to be great in not only college but the NFL. I am rooting for the kid, tbh. Seems like a good, hard working guy. Truly.

So the latest NFL.com Mock has Atl trading the #4 to New England and move all the way down to 15 for NE 1st and 2nd this year and next years 1st and 3rd.

BTW, They have us drafting a lineman with #6 in Slater.

Thoughts?

So the latest NFL.com Mock has Atl trading the #4 to New England and move all the way down to 15 for NE 1st and 2nd this year and next years 1st and 3rd.

Thoughts?

What an awful mock. But it is a Mockery. :lol:

Thoughts?

I don't buy it

Thoughts?

New England trading up? I expect it.

Miami taking a Guard? No.

Back
Top Bottom