Site REAALLLY SLOW TODAY!!! / Here's Why | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Site REAALLLY SLOW TODAY!!! / Here's Why

Originally posted by Muck
There was a DOS attack on the network above our host's earlier today. Unfortunately, it has propogated down to our host's network. And while the network itself is up and functional, it is experiencing slowness and connection loss.

Don't worry, our server is just fine. It's running at tip top performance.

Our hosts network admins are working hard on the problem and expect it to be resolved very soon. So just hang in there.

Heh! I work for a Hosting company and that looks like one of the Canned answers given out when our router was DOS attacked a month ago..

:lol: Am I that bad?? Heh, maybe I could get a job at a hosting company (I'm reasonably qualified). I do have more specific information though. :)

well if you wanted a Tech job in a hosting feild in South Florida.. We are taking resume's for Tech Support..

Originally posted by Muck
There was a DOS attack on the network above our host's earlier today. Unfortunately, it has propogated down to our host's network. And while the network itself is up and functional, it is experiencing slowness and connection loss.

Don't worry, our server is just fine. It's running at tip top performance.

Our hosts network admins are working hard on the problem and expect it to be resolved very soon. So just hang in there.

Muck .. I did a traceroute to your server & its in FREMONT, CALIFORNIA? Since most Phin fans are in FL or in the East, Have you considered a more geographically logical hosting service? I'm indirectly in the biz & it makes a BIG difference.... especially when the route goes through MAE-East in DC. Actually the route is not too slow but it could be MUCH better.

I suspect your server is more of a culprit than your hoster is letting on. The slowest hops (>110ms) are within your hosters network.

Back
Top Bottom