Sitton Is Ol Leader | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Is Ol Leader

If you think about it, Pouncey put himself right into the accessible LA backyard of lunatic Jonathan Martin. Good luck to him.!

Now that's a scary thought. He better hire a good security team. You have to worry about people with Martin's mix of crazy and suicidal.

Or perhaps it was the coaching staff who’s genius idea to play Tunsil at guard year 1 to contribute to that?

Not to mention an offensive line coach doing blow in meetings rooms.

But sure let’s blame Pouncey for that lol

How about, maybe we had a LT but no LG when Turnstile came in? OR maybe our OL coach got his blow from Pouncey as rumored?

Can you connect the dots on how that would be possible?

Pure speculation on my part. I did watch the Pouncey bros, and Aaron Hernandez up here for 4 years and know how much they were all in the local news if that helps. That coupled with the fact that Urban Meyer did a pretty good job of keeping a lid on the bad news surrounding the Mighty Gators during that time.

Regardless of weather you believe Pouncey is a leader or a great center, it is clear if you can't practice with the team and take meaningful reps it will hurt continuity, rhythm and blown assignments. Kilgore is upgrade simply based on his availability to play and practice.

I'm not going to bash Pouncey now that he's gone. I am pleased that the team went in a different direction at center and how they went about handling it. Apparently, Mike has made a real effort to turn his life around and become a better person. Good for him.

I am going to say that I think we can see that during his time here, the Dolphins offense really didn't suffer much when guys like Sam Brenner and Samson Satele substituted for him in the starting lineup. Even Kraig Urbik did OK filling in at C, and the problem when we called him in was that he was surrounded by the inept duo if Thomas and Turner. The only time it was REALLY an issue was with Jamil Douglas. And in fairness to Jamil Douglas, the guy had never played center before in his life and these dumbasses decided that a collegiate left tackle ought to be moved to center.

I do like Kilgore. He's not a great run blocker, but his pass protection is solid, he's good on assignments, and he makes the right calls at the line. I always had concerns about that with Pouncey, in addition to what I felt was an obvious tell with his snap.

If you think about it, Pouncey put himself right into the accessible LA backyard of lunatic Jonathan Martin. Good luck to him.!
We totally need someone to superimpose his serpent face on this...

v1.bTsxMTM3MjY0MjtqOzE3NzcxOzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4

Pure speculation on my part. I did watch the Pouncey bros, and Aaron Hernandez up here for 4 years and know how much they were all in the local news if that helps. That coupled with the fact that Urban Meyer did a pretty good job of keeping a lid on the bad news surrounding the Mighty Gators during that time.

If Tunsil is that fragile then it still would t be Mikes fault, but Tunsils. These guys are professionals, and need to do the work. If Tunsil gives up 6 sacks and 15 penalties that’s on him, and no one else.

Sitton might low key be our best move of the off-season. This line is better than last year and now we have a veteran looking to lead and teach these guys.

Tannehill has never had an offensive line that was this good. Let us hope we stay healthy and can have some guys like Jesse Davis and Asiata develop into serviceable reserves.

I'm not going to bash Pouncey now that he's gone. I am pleased that the team went in a different direction at center and how they went about handling it. Apparently, Mike has made a real effort to turn his life around and become a better person. Good for him.

I am going to say that I think we can see that during his time here, the Dolphins offense really didn't suffer much when guys like Sam Brenner and Samson Satele substituted for him in the starting lineup. Even Kraig Urbik did OK filling in at C, and the problem when we called him in was that he was surrounded by the inept duo if Thomas and Turner. The only time it was REALLY an issue was with Jamil Douglas. And in fairness to Jamil Douglas, the guy had never played center before in his life and these dumbasses decided that a collegiate left tackle ought to be moved to center.

I do like Kilgore. He's not a great run blocker, but his pass protection is solid, he's good on assignments, and he makes the right calls at the line. I always had concerns about that with Pouncey, in addition to what I felt was an obvious tell with his snap.

If Kilgore can peform at a Tim Ruddy-esque level, I think we'll be pretty good. Ruddy was pretty underrated though.

If Tunsil is that fragile then it still would t be Mikes fault, but Tunsils. These guys are professionals, and need to do the work. If Tunsil gives up 6 sacks and 15 penalties that’s on him, and no one else.
Don't mis-understand me, I didn't mean "it's all Pouncy's fault". I meant that the supposed leader of our OL, a former Pro bowler, has not been the most stabilizing influence. Just like he wasn't here in Gainesville. Tunsil should find his rhythm working besides Sitton, who might not tolerate all the bullsh!t, nor start any.

Pouncey was athletic as as hell and was great at getting to the 2nd level in his prime. His inability to point out the blitz and make the correct line call was a real issue.

My biggest issue going forward was his weight though, apparently he was at 293 by the end of the season and struggled to keep his weight up. How much can a guy with bad hips lift even. I would imagine his power will continue to deteriorate as the years go by. I wish him well in the future but his time here needed to end.

Back
Top Bottom