Sitton Out; Expectations Change? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Out; Expectations Change?

holy **** guys he's a friggin guard. yeah it sucks but come on we're not losing games cuz we're missing a guard.

Have you not seen this team the last few years? That literally has been one of biggest weak spots. This is a huge loss in my opinion. We gave him big money for a reason. This is what happens when you dont have contingency plan. Maybe instead of focusing so much on WR's and RB's we should have looked for some offensive linemen and linebackers.

Just curious. I really and truly think if, IF, if we do not make the playoffs this season, people will come back to this moment and say Gase and Tannehill need one more year because once Sitton went down then the whole Oline was trash.

They'll both be back anyway. But if the bottom line doesn't cooperate to playoffs or nearby then guaranteed many posters here will desperately point to this.

They will be the same type who brainstormed that Bill Lazor was the worst coordinator in the league and Philbin the worst head coach in the league. We've got the entire offseason to throw up screen caps somehow representative of our ongoing plight...so unfair. We whine when the power ratings slot Miami near the bottom, but any coach who departs, oh absolutely he was more incompetent than anyone else.

Unless we're bringing back Turnstile Twins as starters, expectations cannot be reasonably changed. An oddsmaker would fall down in a seizure of laughter if you proposed to him that Miami's power rating or season win projection would be altered based on this injury.

It was bound to happen.....I think each team averages 3-4 players to IR every year, hell last year we lost 3 in preseason alone. As long as it's not Tannehill or maybe Howard, it's next man up.

It is a big loss. On the one hand you can't pin your hopes on a guard but he's a very good player that was going to help the run game which in turns would help the passing game. Every team gets injuries but ours never seems to recover from it

It is a big loss. On the one hand you can't pin your hopes on a guard but he's a very good player that was going to help the run game which in turns would help the passing game. Every team gets injuries but ours never seems to recover from it

Actually everyone keeps saying Larsen is better in the run game but Sitton is elite in the passing game. Who knows, don’t kill the messenger but I’ve seen this narrative from multiple folks on twitter throughout the day.

I didn't have a ton of expectations to begin with. A lot had to go right for this team to make the playoffs; A LOT. This is a huge setback.

Have to be able to survive some injuries. It's too bad that it's the offensive line, though, since Miami has struggled so long for stability there. Larsen is decent. More injuries on the offensive line and then you might change your expectations.

I will say this. The Dolphins need to make offensive line a high priority in the offseason, mainly in the draft. Sitton isn't young. Kilgore is a stopgap. Miami needs a dominating lineman in the middle of that unit.

Not at all we brought Larsen in last year to solidfy the line and he got hurt the first 8 weeks. If we have a decent oline coach I expect very little drop off. If we loose another guard center in the next 7 weeks then lets talk.

My expectation is that Adam Gase gets paid a lot of money to figure out how to win football games with a mediocre left guard.

If Ted Larsen is at all serviceable -- that is, if he is not letting unimpeded rushers in to blast Drake and Tannehill -- then the team can survive this just fine. Laremy Tunsil or Ja'Wuan James both would have been worse injuries to suffer on the OL.

So my expectations haven't changed at all. This isn't the Joe Philbin regime anymore. The coaches no longer tell offensive leaders to sit down and shut up when they stand up in the meeting room and say "Let's use ends and backs to chip and stay in to pass protect more." The coaches claim that they now listen to the players and gameplan based on what the players are capable of doing, to put them in the best position to succeed.

So let's see it. If Larsen really is a strong run blocker and not so good in pass protection, then factor that in to the game plan and play calling!

That's my expectation.

holy **** guys he's a friggin guard. yeah it sucks but come on we're not losing games cuz we're missing a guard.
You must not remember the likes of Dallas Thomas and company

Or- Tyson clabo, jonathon Martin or plenty of other players we have thrown out across the line over the years.

When you offer nothing in blocking and routinely give up a few monster sacks or blown up runs, or even a plethora of penalties PER GAME— well you sure aren’t doing much to help your team win

— however I’m not saying Larsen will be that level of bad. But what happens if / when he gets hurt or Kilgore, or Davis? Brendel is hurt. Our depth after those guys will be questionable

The coaches are going to have to scheme to offset it if Larson brings a weakness to pass protection. The season is a marathon though and somebody else is going to have to step up.

Back
Top Bottom