Sitton Out; Expectations Change? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Out; Expectations Change?

You must not remember the likes of Dallas Thomas and company

Or- Tyson clabo, jonathon Martin or plenty of other players we have thrown out across the line over the years.

When you offer nothing in blocking and routinely give up a few monster sacks or blown up runs, or even a plethora of penalties PER GAME— well you sure aren’t doing much to help your team win

— however I’m not saying Larsen will be that level of bad. But what happens if / when he gets hurt or Kilgore, or Davis? Brendel is hurt. Our depth after those guys will be questionable

That's pretty much it. If he's Clabo bad, or Martin bad, or Colombo bad, or Thomas bad, or Turner bad, or maybe even Douglas bad, we're in big trouble.

That's what's so insane about this. We have somehow kept drafting or signing guys who simply couldn't play football and left our backfield exposed to unimpeded rushers again and again and again like some kind of sick horror show experiment. As long as Larsen isn't another one of those THAT bad guys, we're OK. And based on what we saw of him -- with a torn bicep no less -- in 2017, I don't think he will be that bad at all.

No depth on the o-line and yet we're carrying 4 qbs?
I've been wondering how much longer that will continue. Do they really feel like someone will pick up Fales or Osweiler if they let them go? Will it matter?

Nope, it sucks but as long as 17 is under center I have hope.

Also no way in hell am I moving Tunsil off of LT, that is the way more important position and that is what he was drafted to be. To move him would kill his development and confidence. Larsen will be fine.

We shall see, not like the offense was good with him in week 1.

No depth on the o-line and yet we're carrying 4 qbs?

It really doesn’t matter much if you have 2 qb’s on the inactive on Sunday. It seems like half the time someone goes on IR the player to take his place wasn’t on the roster to begin with.

Two years ago wasn’t Atlanta the only team to have there O line playing together for the whole year?

holy **** guys he's a friggin guard. yeah it sucks but come on we're not losing games cuz we're missing a guard.

Yea, well some of Miami's most consistent runs in week 1 were off the left side. Consistent push and holes were opened because of that guard play.

Yea, well some of Miami's most consistent runs in week 1 were off the left side. Consistent push and holes were opened because of that guard play.

Exactly.

Take those runs away, take that push away, that proctection away -- just from the level it was -- and it's a different game. Big time.

LD

Exactly.

Take those runs away, take that push away, that proctection away -- just from the level it was -- and it's a different game. Big time.

LD

Larsen is more than adequate at run blocking. Pass blocking is where the drop off From Sitton to Larsen will be noticed.

Back
Top Bottom