Sitton Out For Remainder Of Season | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Out For Remainder Of Season

Yes we've been doing so well with who dat left guards, it's never been an issue. Don't understand why we even bothered to spend top dollar on Sitton.

Sarcasm off

Then tell me the why the **** we haven’t been able to find a competent guard in years.

First, and this is important, I clearly state that the "who dat" guard was an average player. I never sad that it would be fine to just put anyone in there, but both Larson and Swanson have starting experience and are an average player and at one time were considered being part of an O-line group that seemed solid with good depth, not we are going to pretend they are not part of that good depth. Come on.

Second, as a collective group, many have said that Pouncey's line calls were heavily contributing to the issues the line had I mean, it is possible that contributed to many of the issues the two guys next to him have had over the years.

Come Sunday, if it is a disaster, I will say so, but until that happens, I will continue to view this team as one that will be fighting for a playoff spot. Losing Sitton does hurt, but I am putting the loss in perspective.

I think Swanson can surprise us if healthy. He’s no Sitton of course. Real bummer man

This type of stuff happens...freak injuries are part of the NFL...

It sucks because he was a high-level player and a very good signing for the team. Although having players like Swanson and Larson should mitigate the blow some, both are experienced starters and are average players. LG is the one area you can get buy with a who dat lineman that is average.

It's not that simple. Sure LG is typically a spot you can just plug someone else in. But this LG happens to be our best lineman. He's also extremely helpful being along side our young LT who we want to keep pressure off of as he develops. Moreover, RG is by far the weakest position on the line. Now so is LG. The interior was going to be able to make due with one guard spot being shaky. Having both is going to be an unmitigated disaster.

Rob, rt click the Herald article and open it in the Incognito window, it works.

They need to bring Asiata up from the PS. This fricken sucks.

Im not sure that’s going to be the move. They my roll here with Larsen and Swanson as FSU states. They are probably better options at this point honestly... if they get hurt well...

This does suck. Obviously from a performance standpoint, but long term because he likely would have really helped Tunsil reach his potential. Hopefully Tunsil still does, but a real loss for us.

Depth is so important in the NFL as injuries are going to happen. We need back ups to perform.

Back
Top Bottom