Sitton Solution: Trade For A Guard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Solution: Trade For A Guard

I agree with the sentiment that I'd rather see Charles Harris dished for guard/picks than Devante Parker.

Parker just has more capabilities and wouldn't garner as much trade value.

The bad drafting of the last decade continues to bite us in the arse! Same crap with Albert, bringing in quality players who are injury prone or long in the tooth and hoping for the best. It usually has this outcome for us.

Good lord, we are not trading for a guard and we are not trading Parker. I mean, how often do those trades happen, once, maybe twice a year...and it is not happening for a left guard, especially when you have two interior guys with starting experience.

It's more about wanting Parker gone. I wanted him cut to be frank.

Why do you want Parker gone so badly?

He knows the offense and is reliable to run it correctly. That's never been an issue with him. He's big and willing to go up and fight for footballs. Ryan Tannehill likes and trusts him and will throw him the ball downfield. He's not terrible, just disappointing for a first round pick with unbelievable physical talent. Yes, he's been dinged up a lot, but he had a broken finger. I mean, what do you want him to do? Go out and try to high-point footballs with a club on his hand?

I'm OK if the team moves on from DeVante Parker. But the idea that we should just get rid of him just to get rid of him seems crazy to me. We got a smurf squad of wide receivers if you take him out of the equation. He gets healthy, you get him back in the game.

Did we all just forget about the Rams game in 2016? When the Rams defense was taking a dump on our offensive line and receivers all over the field and then Parker just humiliated them in the 4th quarter? They couldn't cover him and we won the game because of that. Let's not pretend that Parker has never helped Miami win football games.

He knows the offense and is reliable to run it correctly. That's never been an issue with him. He's big and willing to go up and fight for footballs. Ryan Tannehill likes and trusts him and will throw him the ball downfield. He's not terrible, just disappointing for a first round pick with unbelievable physical talent. Yes, he's been dinged up a lot, but he had a broken finger. I mean, what do you want him to do? Go out and try to high-point footballs with a club on his hand?

I'm OK if the team moves on from DeVante Parker. But the idea that we should just get rid of him just to get rid of him seems crazy to me. We got a smurf squad of wide receivers if you take him out of the equation. He gets healthy, you get him back in the game.

Did we all just forget about the Rams game in 2016? When the Rams defense was taking a dump on our offensive line and receivers all over the field and then Parker just humiliated them in the 4th quarter? They couldn't cover him and we won the game because of that. Let's not pretend that Parker has never helped Miami win football games.

That basically sums up my feelings on Parker as well.

There is no quality guards out there that a team is going to give up this early in the season, just not going to happen. Keep what this team has and not lose anymore pieces or draft picks imo

It's like a nice car you buy brand new. You drive it home and something goes wrong. You bring it to the shop. You take the car back home and something else goes wrong. You take it back to the shop and get it fixed. You take the car back home and drive it for a bit. Go to get the groceries and it breaks down again! Back to shop it goes.

I mean it's a still a nice looking new car but just not reliable. I'd rather have a used daily driver with no car payment that actually gets me places than a huge car payment on a nice new car that is always in the shop.

In your analogy, we have leased a car that drives real nice when it's in working order, and it's USUALLY in working order. To continue this analogy, you are suggesting that we terminate the lease early -- eating the penalty and now being without a car -- and then go look at used bicycles. Because that's really what the return on trading Parker is going to be. It's going to be crap.

In your analogy, we have leased a car that drives real nice when it's in working order, and it's USUALLY in working order. To continue this analogy, you are suggesting that we terminate the lease early -- eating the penalty and now being without a car -- and then go look at used bicycles. Because that's really what the return on trading Parker is going to be. It's going to be crap.

Lol. I found this link funny

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/devante-parker/7210

and right on track so far. Exercising the 12m option on his contract was foolish and now we are stuck in a bad lease.

Wonder if Brandon Albert is in any type of playing shape.....league minimum with incentives...might get us a few solid games anyway.

Luke Joeckel is available. Former #2 overall pick and a real disappointment at LT. In the past two years, he's been playing LG for Seattle (2017 - 11 game starts at LG) and Jacksonville (2016 - 4 games at LG).

If anything, grab him for depth even if he's not that good.

EDIT: he's still only 26 years old

Fine the best dude on the street and pretend we know what we're doing...

Let me be clear here, I know Parker isn't going anywhere. The cap implications are too great to move him. We are stuck with his glass-ass for one more year.

and I hope he makes me eat my words and if he does I'll man up.............I just don't think I'll have to.

Back
Top Bottom