Sitton Solution: Trade For A Guard | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Solution: Trade For A Guard

No trades, please. Realistic Options:
1. bring up Asiata from practice squad
2. steal a guard from someone else's practice squad (assumed better than Asiata)
3. sign crusty veteran to backup Larsen (Vet minimum pay)
4. combo plate from above

Other free agent OG's besides Luke Joeckel are:

Alex Boone (Age 31) 2017 Arizona 14 games at LG
Jahri Evans (Age 35) 2017 Green Bay 14 games at RG
Allen Barbre (Age 34) 2017 Denver 16 games at RT, 2016 Philadelphia 12 games at LG/RT

In a month or so we will see who's season is in the toilet and might want to dump the salary of a 30 something vet.

No one is giving you a starting OG the first of the season.

Ride it out.

It's time for Laremy Tunsil to be the one everyone leans on. He doesn't need a mentor. He's a monster.

Joekels not the worst idea I’ve heard. Pillow soft but was better as a guard than a tackle.

Barbre also would fit the scheme.

It’s time for the annual Jermon Bushrod phone call

I'm not giving anything up guys, Larsen is not that bad. I'm not going to trade for someone who is marginally better than Larsen, waste of resources. I look at the washed up guys and see if any have anything left. First I look at Larsen Sunday though, let's give the guy a chance. Lets not forget he returned cold last year after missing lots of time with a torn bicep. His strength may have not been at full capacity at any time last year. It's a drop off sure, but lets not go trading assets until we see how it looks. Let's save the full panic until Sunday at some time after 1:00.

I’d take a flyer on Luke Joekels if he’s a free agent, he knows Tannehill, used to be his LT at A&M. But maybe that’s why he isn’t signed here because Tannehill knows him so well

I’d take a flyer on Luke Joekels if he’s a free agent, he knows Tannehill, used to be his LT at A&M. But maybe that’s why he isn’t signed here because Tannehill knows him so well

Joeckel isn't signed because his NFL career has been bad.

You have depth for a reason. Go with your guys now. Get some young talent on the oline in the offseason...

A few of you guys just don't have a clue just how important these OL guys are.

Gee, can see we are well prepared as usual. Asiata, practice squad, trade for another half a** hole filler.... unbelievable

Gase & FO Blew it again, back a couple months ago was the time this should have been thought of but we have amateurs that actually never learn. Its like a broken record...Go figure an injury, ( when was the last time that happened ?) oh ya last year....

Well some of you should play close attention and see how we end up screwed again and maybe gain some insight into the true value of a good OL.... Not that we were going anywhere before but watch how much things depreciate with this hitch in our giddy up O line....

Keep the wool over your eyes...... playoffs here we come LOL

Want to win ?????? Next off season large upgrade with quality the OL, but we might need a QB at that time....

Well some of you should play close attention and see how we end up screwed again and maybe gain some insight into the true value of a good OL.... Not that we were going anywhere before but whatch how much things depreciate with this hitch in our giddy up line....

Keep the wool over your eyes...... playoffs here we come LOL

What is the point of posting this drivel?

"Some of you should play close attention" -- why are you directing this at Finheaven.com posters?

"Maybe gaine some insight into the true value of good OL" -- why are you suggesting that Finheaven.com posters need to learn this? We don't make decisions for the football team.

"Keep the wool over your eyes..." -- who has wool over their eyes? Please point them out to me. Also, please explain how fans having wool over their eyes is at all relevant to the decisions made by the team's front office?

Do us all a favor and take this hot take crap back to Twitter.

If our season is lost because we lost our LG then that tells you more about what the state of this team really is. I loved that we got Sitton. We needed to do something at the guard spot but I don't want to give up hopes for this season because of losing a guard.

Back
Top Bottom