Sitton Solution: Trade For A Guard | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Solution: Trade For A Guard

LOL....stop trying to think its only getting you more lost

Not calling out fans to get things done. Just see what the hells been going on for close to 20 years.

Your mystified is the "wool" I talk about.... You know I'm not going to even get into it, what for ?..... We gotten ourselve behind the 8 Ball AGAIN with little to no way out at this point..... and its mystifing how this happens on almost an annual bases...
“20 years”? Is that all?

So what's the solution? We aren't going to have backup players who are as good and well paid as starters. It sounds like that is what you want, Josh Sitton behind Josh Sitton if you will.

My friend there really is no good solution at this point. If me, I'd stumble through this season again and next off season if RT turns out to be effective would build and focus considerably on OL and top quality experience linemen to support RT, Drake, Gore, and our WR....

But there is nothing out there now and thats whats so aggravating. We get into a no way out when the season starts like last years LB's years before OL.... Its like ground hog day.... hate to say it we are screwed!

LG. Chance Warmack was out there for a trade with the Eagles but I wouldn't give anything of value now, more think of the future...

Last edited:
I believe KC released a player, who was a good player, after the final cuts. I believe it was mentioned on CK's twitter and sounded as if CK thought highly of him. I think he played center for the Chiefs? I just cant remember his name!! I just looked up the guy. His name is Bryan Witzmann, CK liked him. I don't know much about him.

Last edited:
Parker and like 4th or 5th round should get us a relatively good young guard. Anyone who doesnt want to trade away picks for a younger guard have not been paying attention to our recent draft history on O-linemen.

"Gase said team not looking outside for Sitton replacement. They are happy with Larsen/Davis." Oh god, where have we heard this before!

May I ask who you are referring to? Who was suggesting that?

Well, some folks, you included, suggested trading draft picks for a guard. We already have backup quality guards on the roster, so the reason to trade would be... to try to have a better than backup quality guard, correct? In other words, a starting caliber guard.

Would you be willing to give up a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round draft pick right now for a guard? If you are, then yes, you could probably get a quality, or at least a decent player. Maybe a starting caliber player. And in that case, then that is reasonable and I'm definitely not trying to call you out or be snarky to you. I wouldn't trade a 1st or 2nd round pick myself, and I don't think a 3rd will do it, but if that's what you are suggesting then it is reasonable and fair to consider.

But if we're talking about day three draft picks here, then who are we going to get? And for what purpose? We might as well just roll with what we've got, because at least it's backup quality (we hope) that knows the protections.

There is no quality guards out there that a team is going to give up this early in the season, just not going to happen. Keep what this team has and not lose anymore pieces or draft picks imo

Depends on what you mean by "quality". Are you saying you know for a fact that there is no team that has pretty good depth at OL such that they have a good prospect on practice squad or 53 man roster that they would trade for a good or couple of decent draft picks?

Do you know that for a fact?

Well, some folks, you included, suggested trading draft picks for a guard. We already have backup quality guards on the roster, so the reason to trade would be... to try to have a better than backup quality guard, correct? In other words, a starting caliber guard.

Would you be willing to give up a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round draft pick right now for a guard? If you are, then yes, you could probably get a quality, or at least a decent player. Maybe a starting caliber player. And in that case, then that is reasonable and I'm definitely not trying to call you out or be snarky to you. I wouldn't trade a 1st or 2nd round pick myself, and I don't think a 3rd will do it, but if that's what you are suggesting then it is reasonable and fair to consider.

But if we're talking about day three draft picks here, then who are we going to get? And for what purpose? We might as well just roll with what we've got, because at least it's backup quality (we hope) that knows the protections.

So you were kinda being a jerk by setting up a straw man you could knock over and appear clever.

see my other post above. Yes, as i said, if there was a decent prospect available, that's EXACTLY what I would do- trade a 2nd rounder if that gets it done.

Reason being, this is not a throwaway year- i believe Gase believes we have a chance to make a deep run NOW. That is exactly why you have draft picks- to build that team for the good run.

Nothing in my post said or even implied i thought we could get a quality starting guard for a day 3 draft pick. So cool your heels smart guy.

p.s. there's a difference between a backup quality and a quality backup.

Last edited:
Oh, that's even worse. You want to trade a 2nd rounder right now for a prospect? Because you think this team, right now, is ready to make a deep run?

:eyepop:

I think we're just totally off-base in terms of what we expect or want out of a potential trade. I'm not opposed to trading a 2nd round pick if we can go get an actual upper-tier NFL guard out of it. Say, a guy that is good, but his team really likes a guy behind him on the depth chart and he's got a contract year coming up...

... but I simply don't trust the guys who evaluate OL on this team to find that guy behind him on someone else's depth chart, and nor do I think the team should trade a day 2 pick for an unproven player.

I just think this team is going to have to survive with Ted Larsen, and if it can't survive with Ted Larsen, it wasn't going anywhere, anyway. He's not Billy Turner bad.

Last edited:
the problem is our FO can't see potential on a guard. That's the main reason why we're in the situation we're in.

Yes, that is very unfortunate, but I still trust Gase, the talent we have now (for the most part), and the coaches to help get us through this.

Back
Top Bottom