Sitton Solution: Trade For A Guard | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitton Solution: Trade For A Guard

Just my opinion here but if we trade for a guard, trading one of our 4 QB's would be the way to go. Of course I don't expect much in return for any of our back ups at this point unless a team has injuries to their QB position and become desperate.
Good point. Not sure what the return could be. But, good point!

Trade Parker for a starting guard if available. Dallas has Zero WRs to speak of. I know they have a good o-line.

Personally I would be up for trading Parker for a decent/servicable guard.

Let's be honest, What are the chances that Parker is going to break out and be that player we all want?

What are the chances, if it happens, it happens here?

The writing is very likely on the wall concerning Parker. He'll always be a tease in Miami along with a player that's always battling some injury.

Finally, I think Miami has enough at the receiver spot without Parker. Besides some size, what exactly does Parker bring to take that group over the top?

Trade Parker for a starting guard if available. Dallas has Zero WRs to speak of. I know they have a good o-line.

There is some merit in your suggestion, but the Cowboys have there own line problems.

The same reason this team has been mediocre at best for 20 years. Horrible management. Don't make the mistake of attributing our ****ty front offices problems to the rest of the league .
that certainly doesn't mean that decent guards grow on trees. If that were the case, even our terrible front office would have been able to find some.

that certainly doesn't mean that decent guards grow on trees. If that were the case, even our terrible front office would have been able to find some.

You would think so, but alas they have not .

Don't get me wrong either, I'm not saying good starters grow on trees. But serviceable backups do. Who knows, maybe Ted Larson is back to being that. But I doubt it.

You would think so, but alas they have not .

Don't get me wrong either, I'm not saying good starters grow on trees. But serviceable backups do. Who knows, maybe Ted Larson is back to being that. But I doubt it.
I hear you. and I hope so. #finsup

Depends on what you mean by "quality". Are you saying you know for a fact that there is no team that has pretty good depth at OL such that they have a good prospect on practice squad or 53 man roster that they would trade for a good or couple of decent draft picks?

Do you know that for a fact?
Yes I do, if they were “quality” they won’t be let go for chump change.

The fact is most teams have a hard time coming up with 5 starters they like so hoping that any team out there will have a top back up they're willing to part with is wishful thinking at this point. By week 12 or so there might be teams out of the playoff race willing to unload a vet with a big contract for draft picks. I hope we DON'T take the bait at that point.

With Sitton out for the remainder of the season is there any chance Miami looks at trading for a guard? Not sure what's on the market in free agency, but it seems like there can't be much from what I'm hearing. I honestly don't know if I can stomach watching Larsen play the remainder of the year as our starting guard. Not sure what our cap situation is, but this could be an opportunity for Miami to get younger and better at the position... what's your thoughts?
Trade for who? Do you think any team with any guards worth having would actually trade them? And it’s too soon for a firesale.

Just sign Eric Smith off the Patriots practice squad. And run with what you got?

Our receiver group is technically deep if you conveniently just ignore that Amendola has been consistently injury prone his entire career.

My friend there really is no good solution at this point. If me, I'd stumble through this season again and next off season if RT turns out to be effective would build and focus considerably on OL and top quality experience linemen to support RT, Drake, Gore, and our WR....

But there is nothing out there now and thats whats so aggravating. We get into a no way out when the season starts like last years LB's years before OL.... Its like ground hog day.... hate to say it we are screwed!

LG. Chance Warmack was out there for a trade with the Eagles but I wouldn't give anything of value now, more think of the future...
So what happened to Dallas and the Vikings great line when they has injuries? Same thing as Miami guys who are back ups for a reason go in and they struggle because they are backs up for a reason.

So what happened to Dallas and the Vikings great line when they has injuries? Same thing as Miami guys who are back ups for a reason go in and they struggle because they are backs up for a reason.

Yup, we’re not trading for some good guard at this point either, next man up on the current roster that’s it. A drop off is expected.

Back
Top Bottom