Size vs. Speed! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Size vs. Speed!

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
I dont know what you guys thoughts are but I think that we desperately need a burner in the slot and none of the prospects that I know of contain speed.Tolver is a possesion guy and simmons as well as minnis aren't fast either.NE philosophy is to run 5 wide to keep guys off the line and ours is to run 2 TE set which I think is more reserved ; Lets open it the freak up some.I would give anything to see all these guys flying around catching and blocking for each other in a 5 WR set.I guess it all depends on the QB limitations.Part of me wishes we would have just gone after that Franchise QB so we could get these receivers the ball with no excuses.I like the idea of Kerry Collins behind a good O-line.At least he got them to the Super Bowl with less than we have.Any chance we take Northcutt after the release? Thoughts?

I brought this up on another thread but Im confused by all this talk of needing a "burner" for the slot. With Chambers running a 4.3 and Boston a 4.4 doesn't Miami already have 2 "burners" why would they need another on the field in 3 WR sets?

Boston may be fast in essence but his size doesnt make him elusive in quick routes like when Fiedler is scrambling for his life with 8 in the box who can he throw to? The TE will be blocking and there is nothing better than a speedster cutting through the middle.I think they should resign Mcknight for this purpose.

well in that case it seems like you are talking more "quick" than you are "fast". In which case I'd like to see a screen pass or short dump off to Fred Russell. Guy sounds elusive as hell.

well on 2nd thought hell probably isn't all that elusive...so Id say he sounds as elusive as a pefectly thrown 20+ yd Jay Fiedler throw. :roflmao:

McKnight would have to be able to CATCH the ball, not have it bounce off his helmet or chest pads!

Jwcolour said:
Doesn't Minnis supposidly have alot of all that

Minnis is a great wide out but I'm not positive about where his speed is at. Does anyone know about what he runs in the 40?

Snoop Minnis is pretty fast and is a candidate to be our #3 WR. Anyway, when we run a 3 WR set, even if the slot guy is a possession receiver, it isn't like we are only going to have possession receivers on the field. Chambers is very fast and Boston has good speed as well.

Boston not fast enough? God look at the yards he had after the catch against the Jaguars. He outran everyone many times.

If Boston gets down to 225-230 lbs. were talkin' fast but not 240 he's not fast or very good in routes.A slot guy should be fast for slants or drags for quick hits and break away speed.CC will be on the edge and the whole purpose for the post was in regards to a #3 guy giving the QB a threat when Bruschi or R. Harrison is coming on a safety blitz and DB or CC would be doubled up.

Sam Simmons - he runs the best routes out of the slot and has the best hips and quick feet.

finregime said:
I like the idea of Kerry Collins behind a good O-line.At least he got them to the Super Bowl with less than we have.Any chance we take Northcutt after the release? Thoughts?
Personally I don`t want to see Collins here. He got his act together the year he took NY to the SB, but then he went back to the Kerry of old. Let`s just see what happens with the two QB`s we got, at least for one year.
Hell, I`d rather see Cecil Collins here instead of Kerry Collins!

Back
Top Bottom