skins get denver's 1st round pick in trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

skins get denver's 1st round pick in trade

ch19079

Dolphin, its whats for dinner
Reaction score
Broncos | First-round Pick Traded to Redskins - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:55:07 -0700

The Denver Broncos have traded their 2005 first-round pick, No. 25 overall, to the Washington Redskins in exchange for three draft choices. The Redskins will send the Broncos their third-round draft choice (No. 76 overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft along with their first-round and fourth-round selections in the 2006 NFL Draft.

you´re a little late on that one

but i like your sig about the QB, absolutely right, say no to a QB at #2

thanks for the info, i think there were like 10 threads on this yesterday too.

I saw this too. Interesting. Sounds like Washington is getting anxious. Either to move up for a superstar... or to get a lot of young good players this year bc they think they have a shot at contending this year. Giving up next year's first is risky... Especially considering a lot of 'experts' are saying next years draft will be Loaded.

ch19079 said:
it may be late, but its worth saying again.

Yup...

Points that need to be discussed about this:

#1 Where the hell do the Redskins get the money to pay these guys? Two first round salaries?
#2 Did Mike Shanahan read that 59 page thesis from Duke?
#3 Do you think the Redskins got bent over?

DoLpHiNz34 said:
Yup...

Points that need to be discussed about this:

#1 Where the hell do the Redskins get the money to pay these guys? Two first round salaries?
#2 Did Mike Shanahan read that 59 page thesis from Duke?
#3 Do you think the Redskins got bent over?
1) Clever cap work.
2) Who cares.
3) Yes, absolutely owned.

They will draft Jason Cambell with the 25th pick according to ESPN Radio this morning. Gibbs is not happy with Ramsey and loves Cambell who they have rated as high as Smith.

Yep, they got bent over! Major screw job! Only thing I can figure is the redskins have someone targeted in the 20's that they want real bad.

BigBendFin said:
Yep, they got bent over! Major screw job! Only thing I can figure is the redskins have someone targeted in the 20's that they want real bad.

Jason Cambell!!!!!

Has Gibbs gone mad, this is a trade you would only make on draft day to make sure you get the guy you wanted. Trading up is always a mistake before the draft, because you do not know what you are trading up for, you only make the trade when you really want a player and that is the only way to get him, especially for the redskins, not a great team will be giving up a higher 1st rounder next year, than they are getting this year, plus a third & fourth is ridiculous, when you don't know what value that pick carries.

Isn't that a little high for Cambell? I thought he was supposed to be a 2nd rounder.

BigBendFin said:
Isn't that a little high for Cambell? I thought he was supposed to be a 2nd rounder.

According to ESPN radio, Gibbs has him rated as high as Alex Smith and just loves the guy!

ch19079 said:
Broncos | First-round Pick Traded to Redskins - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:55:07 -0700

The Denver Broncos have traded their 2005 first-round pick, No. 25 overall, to the Washington Redskins in exchange for three draft choices. The Redskins will send the Broncos their third-round draft choice (No. 76 overall) in the 2005 NFL Draft along with their first-round and fourth-round selections in the 2006 NFL Draft.

The Skins are going to take Heath Miller at #25... They missed out on K2 and now they'll get the TE they need to run gibbs offense.

Back
Top Bottom