Skip Bayless is an A-hole. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Skip Bayless is an A-hole.

Now the media guys have to go to Detriot for the finals and Detriot for the Superbowl (it is there this year right?) instead of California or Florida. Tough luck, have to earn a paycheck for once.

Here's the thing: we Pistons fans aren't any more thrilled with the media than you are. We've had to deal with "fluke champion" stories for the last year. Revisionist history being what it is, last year's Finals have become the story of how Kobe choked and killed his team. But going into the series, the question on everyone's lips was "how on earth are they going to stop Kobe?" A flawless game plan by Larry Brown and equally flawless execution has largely been left in the dustbin of history.

Only now that we're back in the Finals does it seem like those stories will finally be put to rest.

phunwin said:
Here's the thing: we Pistons fans aren't any more thrilled with the media than you are. We've had to deal with "fluke champion" stories for the last year. Revisionist history being what it is, last year's Finals have become the story of how Kobe choked and killed his team. But going into the series, the question on everyone's lips was "how on earth are they going to stop Kobe?" A flawless game plan by Larry Brown and equally flawless execution has largely been left in the dustbin of history.

Only now that we're back in the Finals does it seem like those stories will finally be put to rest.

I agree, the Pistons blew away the Lakers and earned that title, the Lakers didnt just hand it to them.

yea he is....i talk to Woody Paig every now and then he has told me that ESPN told hi mto tone it down for TV....said he is a total dick off camera

Slappy8800 said:
yea he is....i talk to Woody Paig every now and then he has told me that ESPN told hi mto tone it down for TV....said he is a total dick off camera

Skip Bayless should not have a job anymore.....how uninformed do you have to be to make a statement like that?

A statement that is intended to start crap and nothing else.

This guy has been accusing every pitcher that is not performing all that great in MLB that did good last year of using steroids.

This guy should not have a job....for the simple fact that he is making stuff up and accusing people of crimes with NO evidence.

Section126 said:
Skip Bayless should not have a job anymore.....how uninformed do you have to be to make a statement like that?

A statement that is intended to start crap and nothing else.

This guy has been accusing every pitcher that is not performing all that great in MLB that did good last year of using steroids.

This guy should not have a job....for the simple fact that he is making stuff up and accusing people of crimes with NO evidence.

Don't you get it? This is WHY he has a job. Look at the reaction just on this little board. Eventually, it filters down to the point where one extra person watches the show to see if all the things about Bayless are true, thus making ESPN money. You can have all the likable Woody Paiges you want, but there need to be some abrasive personalities like Bayless, Stephen A., and Le Ba$tard.

RWhitney014 said:
Don't you get it? This is WHY he has a job. Look at the reaction just on this little board. Eventually, it filters down to the point where one extra person watches the show to see if all the things about Bayless are true, thus making ESPN money. You can have all the likable Woody Paiges you want, but there need to be some abrasive personalities like Bayless, Stephen A., and Le Ba$tard.

Whether Woody Paige is likeable is another question entirely, but your point is very well taken. This is why PFT, the Weekly World News of the football media, remains open for business.

BTW, I'd put Sean Salisbury in that category, too. Salisbury is an absolute moron, but he's employed because they like to have him tweak John Clayton.

RWhitney014 said:

I understand that.....But don't you think that accusing people of felonies is taking it a little to far?

Section126 said:
I understand that.....But don't you think that accusing people of felonies is taking it a little to far?

Absolutely. But I also think that being an ignorant, unpleasant sack of bile is taking it a little too far, but that's Skip Bayless, and he's got an audience, sad as it is.

Hell, Jim Rome was a NOBODY until he started calling Jim Everett "Chris Evert" and Jim went after him. If Jim (Everett) had maintained his composure and finished the interview, we'd have all been spared the Jim Rome Era.

phunwin said:
Absolutely. But I also think that being an ignorant, unpleasant sack of bile is taking it a little too far, but that's Skip Bayless, and he's got an audience, sad as it is.

Hell, Jim Rome was a NOBODY until he started calling Jim Everett "Chris Evert" and Jim went after him. If Jim (Everett) had maintained his composure and finished the interview, we'd have all been spared the Jim Rome Era.

Jim Rome.....that is another sack of crap......

Section126 said:

That's not the point for the people who make hires. People in this country watch The Simple Life and enjoy it. A sportswriter accusing someone of felonies is nothing in our collective eyes.

Back
Top Bottom