Slash type players. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slash type players.

ZolarZ_GoPhins

Starter
Reaction score
To propose a different type topic for this forum, I would like to ask.

Do any of the Altheltic players in the draft projected to different positions apeal to anyone?

I wanted Matt Jones so bad last year in the 2nd, I do think Matt Roth was a good pick and will be a solid DE for us, but would trade him for Jones in a heartbeat.

Anyways back to this year, any thoughts on....
Devon Hester
Reggie McNeal
Michael Robinson

I am sure there are others. Player Position and Why would be nice.

I sorta like Hester as possible WR but doubt we take him as he is projected first day, maybe in the 3rd. I feel we have higher needs at this position in the draft but he can def make a sudden impact in returns. Doubt he falls to the 4th but could ya pass on him there?

McNeal is projected first day as well, fig 3rd/4th too. Not sure he has the upside Hester does.

Robinson is like late 2nd day, and who knows where he could play. Mel Kiper keeps trying to sell him as a safty but I really doubt that. Very good athlete though late 2nd if ya had an idea what to do with him.

Go Phins !

Victor Adeyanju DE/OLB. Excellent speed and from what I have read has an excellent attitude/work ethic.
Manny Lawson DE/OLB. VERY Athletic, a little light but good size for OLB.

Rodrique Wright DT/ 3-4 DE
Dusty Dvoracek DT/ 3-4 DE
Orien Harris DT/ 3-4 DE
Jesse Mahelona DT/ 3-4 DE

Roger McIntosh OLB is a player that is very interesting. Injury worries may be stayed away from in the draft because of it like Channing Crowder was last year. Has excellent athletic ability and very intense. Further research by coaching staffs will determine if McIntosh's past injuries make him susceptible to more injuries. Not a Tweener but couldn't help putting him out there.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
Victor Adeyanju DE/OLB. Excellent speed and from what I have read has an excellent attitude/work ethic.
Manny Lawson DE/OLB. VERY Athletic, a little light but good size for OLB.

Rodrique Wright DT/ 3-4 DE
Dusty Dvoracek DT/ 3-4 DE
Orien Harris DT/ 3-4 DE
Jesse Mahelona DT/ 3-4 DE

Roger McIntosh OLB is a player that is very interesting. Injury worries may be stayed away from in the draft because of it like Channing Crowder was last year. Has excellent athletic ability and very intense. Further research by coaching staffs will determine if McIntosh's past injuries make him susceptible to more injuries. Not a Tweener but couldn't help putting him out there.

Mcintosh is 6-3 237 4.4 40 dash.Perfect size and speed for a 3-4 D.Hopefully he falls because of injury worries and we can draft him or a similar player later on.

Interesting post about DE/OLB

I felt we had enough DE for the 3-4 in Holliday/Carter/Roth but we could use another young big DE for the 3-4.

I think the OLB spot is our biggest need with Taylor not fitting the 3-4 DE spot and Bowens as well. Still not sure either is what we want as OLB. I like the OE position we had last year that they filled but think we are gonna transition to more 3-4 soon.

I think a true LB could be a 1st round pick, but yer hybrid type guy is a good possiblity 2nd to 4th. One of these will be taken in the draft first day bank on it.

Go Phins !

I argee with drafting McIntosh say round 4 i prefer him round three with a an acquired pic in a trade.

I say we draft

1st. Huff
2nd Jacobs
3rd OT
4th McIntosh
7th Shockley, McNeal, or Robinson
7th Maxey
7th OG

Basically we need bout 3 more pics in addition to our 7 and Saban will have the draft of his dreams. We need 1 safety to team with Bell, 1 CB to team with Poole, Daniels, Mitchell, 2 QB Future and Slasher, 1 OT, 1 G, 3 LB/DE, 1 DT = 10 pics

Which means,
IN (OUT)
QB Jacobs, Shockley/McNeal, Lemon (Ferrotte, Sage)
RB R&R, Kay Jay Sammy Morris (Minor)
WR Chambers, Booker, RANDLE EL (FA), Welker (Boston, Gilmore)

LB Crowder, Thomas, McIntosh, Pope (Seau, Spragan, Moore)
FS/SS Bell, Tillman, Shulters, Huff (Jones)
CB Daniels, Maxey, Poole, Mitchell (Madison, Howard)

Its just a dream.... So or majority of them probable will not be available when we pic in that round, but the moral of the thread is that SABAN will need another three pics to really craft this draft the way he wants to to get the players he believes will make this team better, he started last year, all his draft pics will start at sometime in the next 2 years

RB Ronnie starter 05
DE Roth (opposite Taylor when Carter retires) ---- previous 2nd string
LB Crowder starter 05
CB Daniels starter 05
DT Wright starter 06 ----- late in the year backup
OT Alabi starter 06 bye bye McIntosh (as a starter)
DT Vickerson (opposite Wright when Holliday retires) ------ IR

How about Javon Nanton from the U, I think he has potential.

Back
Top Bottom