Sleeper Alert: Watch out for Davone Bess | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sleeper Alert: Watch out for Davone Bess

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Miami Dophin's wide receiver Davone Bess has increased his receiving yardage in each of his first two seasons. Last year he caught 76 passes for 758 yards and two TD's.

He's a possession receiver, clearly, but can become one of the better possession receivers in the league.

With Chad Henne becoming more comfortable with the offense, Bess has become his favorite target outside of Brandon Marshall of course.

In terms of Fantasy numbers, I don't think he'll put up that many touchdowns, but I think he could definitely put up over 1,000 yards next season and become one of the leagues leaders in receptions.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/418780-sleeper-alert-watch-out-for-devone-bess

Would love to see him blow up. I think he can still have 700-1000 yards next to Marshall. We have a nice rec core IMO. I think any of the guys could have a good season next to Marshall as he will mostly be double teamed.

People keep saying that Hartline is going to win the 2nd spot opposite Marshall, but I bet money that Davone ends up with better numbers.

Davone is one of my favorite players... I sure hope we keep Ryan Grice-Mullen, Him, Davone, Cam, Hartline and Marshall will rock this year

Bess is due for a breakout year. He is in the perfect spot to do it and he will have an easier time with Marshall drawing more attention. He will have a great season this year.

I can spot those Bleacher Reports by their headlines ...

Zzzzz ... those commentators at Bleacher Report are the guys sleeping. More BR Scatology!!

Bess a Sleeper ... HOW?? He already put up numbers AND returns punts. Gonna be tougher for Bess' stats now that the balls are divided between 4-5 WRs, with Marshall taking most (Camarillo not hurt).

So how can Bess' stats improve much from last years "sleeping"?? ... pretty tough & pretty crazy theory. YAWN!!

Unlikely with the ball getting spread around more this year. Bess was the only proven healthy receiver heading into last year. Not the case this year.

I agree that Bess will improve due to B-Marsh being on the field. I can't wait to see our running game. Defenses have to respect our passing game now. I can see Ricky hitting a few home runs this season.

People keep saying that Hartline is going to win the 2nd spot opposite Marshall, but I bet money that Davone ends up with better numbers.

IMO Bess' is best lined up in the slot ....His quickness is what gets him open..if he is Split or flanked out the CB can just use the boundary as a 2nd defender and Bess's quickness is pretty much neutralized.. Not sure how well he can get off the jam when lined up outside as well...If Bess was faster i think he could be an outside threat...

I would like to see Hartline be in on most of those 2 WR...but dont under estimate Camarillo either..He was coming on before he got hurt 2 years ago and is one year removed from that knee injury.

You ask me i think Greg will have as good if not better year then Bess. He caught every ball that came his way last year. Now he is healthy...oh i cant wait.

If everyone stays healthy on offense expect Miami to score close to 30 or higher. Hell some o line players can get hurt you bet we still score that high.

Back
Top Bottom