Sleeper Picks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sleeper Picks?

Alex44

Chicago Bears GM
Reaction score
I think it would be cool to discuss guys that arent being hyped up as much and that people may not know to much about.

I'll start off with one.

David Ball: WR: New Hampshire: D-II: 6'2: 200 pounds:

He went to a D-II college for some odd reason....I cant remember exactly what but he is a D-I talent. He broke a lot of Jerry Rice's Division Two receiving records. He catches the ball as well as anyone I have ever heard of or seen, counting Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, anyone. He runs about a 4.55 or so but he has great game speed. Remember Jerry Rice was 'slow' but one he got on the field he outran everyone and thats pretty much what this kid does. Very physical and is a has amazing leaping ability. He has been invited to the combine and I wouldnt be surprised to see him shoot up on a lot of draft boards. If he is there in the fourth I would jump all over him. Oh and if anyone wants to doubt whether he could play with Division one talent at the East vs West shrine game he had 3 catches for 80 yards. One was an amazing catch where he had to make a diving stab at it, great play.

Anyone else have any?

Justin Vincent RB, LSU.

Had over 1,000 yards as a true freshman. He's been injury prone ever since. He'll come very late in the draft, 6th or maybe 7th round. I think hes got everything you could ask for in a RB, he's just had to deal with unfortunate injuries.

Kurt Quarterman 6'5" 348 OG, Louisville Started every game the pass two years and is one of the best pass blockers as well as being one of the fastest OL on the team. Has lineup in the backfield on short yardage situation.

THE ULTIMATE BY FAR
Germaine Race... Pittsburg State...RB...5'9...225LBS

He has 22 NCAA records both individuale season and career records

Ran for 36...100 + yard games in his college career

Ran for 982 yards his first year...17 TDs
second year...2213 yards....26TDs
junior year...1846 yards.....33TDs
senior year...1944 yards....31TDs

6985 total yards second all time in college history(any division)
total points scored 658 points...#1 in college history
ALL IN ONLY 52 GAMES

BENCH PRESS 335LBS
SQUAT.........600LBS
POWER/CLEAN 425 LBS
40 YARD DASH 4.45

This guy is going to be incredible

Ron

Aundrae Allison WR from ECU
Justin Hickman DE/OLB from UCLA
Martrez Milner TE from Georgia

I think it would be cool to discuss guys that arent being hyped up as much and that people may not know to much about.

I'll start off with one.

He went to a D-II college for some odd reason....I cant remember exactly what but he is a D-I talent. He broke a lot of Jerry Rice's Division Two receiving records. He catches the ball as well as anyone I have ever heard of or seen, counting Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, anyone. He runs about a 4.55 or so but he has great game speed. Remember Jerry Rice was 'slow' but one he got on the field he outran everyone and thats pretty much what this kid does. Very physical and is a has amazing leaping ability. He has been invited to the combine and I wouldnt be surprised to see him shoot up on a lot of draft boards. If he is there in the fourth I would jump all over him. Oh and if anyone wants to doubt whether he could play with Division one talent at the East vs West shrine game he had 3 catches for 80 yards. One was an amazing catch where he had to make a diving stab at it, great play.

Anyone else have any?

UNH is Division 1-AA, not D2

I'll start off with one.

Anyone else have any?

Mine...

Justin Rascati QB, James Madison-Seen only once but was impressed. From my reading he has the tools.

Joe Garcia, CB Nevada- 4.5 type guy with good ball skills and plays bigger than 185.

Ryan Smith, CB Florida- Ballhawk type guy with good tackling skills.

CJ Ah You, de Oklahoma-Will be knocked down due to lack of perfect Ht...6-3 is planty big enough to be effective...advanced type guy that can help fairly qickly IMHO.

Matt Muncey lb, Ohio-Tackling machine that will get knocked down because he "only" goes 225-230 or so.

Oscar Lua l USC- too short but too good...anyone see that sideline hit versus UCLA?

Chris Messner, ot Oklahoma-Will get downgraded because he is way light @ 280-285 but great balance and is former TE still growing into position. May not be our "type" guy but underrated IMHO.

Deshawn Wynn, rb Florida-underutilized in the spread but a downhill guy with enough game speed to get to the outside although he prefers running inside.

Jesse Holley WR NC-played at NC...nuff said. Good size Speed guy.

Mike Walker-Good speed and produced despite having Stephen Moffatt as his QB.

How is that for a list....IMHO only before I get flamed for being Nostra*******....

not really a sleeper because he's projected to go in the early 2nd, but if Eric Weddle CB/S of Utah falls to us, I say take him. He's proven down in mobile that he can cover anybody at WR, and he's a playmaker.

Justin Vincent RB, LSU.

Had over 1,000 yards as a true freshman. He's been injury prone ever since. He'll come very late in the draft, 6th or maybe 7th round. I think hes got everything you could ask for in a RB, he's just had to deal with unfortunate injuries.

i love this guy he could be the 3rd down back were looking for

Kenny Irons RB (Auburn), Buster Davis LB (FSU), Brandon Merriweather S (UM)
Irons and Merriweather had spectacular junior years that would have made them first rounders if they would've come out last year. Buster Davis is just simply incredible at 5"10".

Kenny Irons RB (Auburn), Buster Davis LB (FSU), Brandon Merriweather S (UM)
Irons and Merriweather had spectacular junior years that would have made them first rounders if they would've come out last year. Buster Davis is just simply incredible at 5"10".

If Merriweather is still there in the third round we have to take him. I know we took Jason Allen last year, but there are two safety positions. Being a UM fan I've seen what Merriweather can do, no only does he make INT's he makes clutch INT's and has a knack for being wherever the ball is.

Scott Bradley.. olb Nebraska.. Great in coverage and good at blitzing the qb. Think we can get him with our third round pick.

jeff rowe qb nevada.. played good in the east west shrine game- named mvp... has nfl qb size as well

Back
Top Bottom