finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
From NFL draft blitz

Trent Edwards QB Stanford
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 220 | 40-Time: 4.75

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has prototypical size...Arm strength is more than adequate and he can make all the throws...An accurate passer with good touch and timing...Very smart and a hard worker with excellent intangibles...He knows how to read a defense and go through his progressions...A solid athlete who can throw on the run and move in the pocket...Good footwork, throwing mechanics and a quick release...Still has a lot of upside and could really develop once he's healthy and in a better situation.

Weaknesses:
Will exhibit some bad habits at times but that may be a byproduct of playing with inferior talent all around him...Does not throw a great deep ball...Tries to do too much at times and as a result will make some bad decisions...Coming off an injury and has missed quite a bit of time during his career so durability is a big concern.

Notes:
Was a top recruit coming out of high school...Played on some bad teams behind a terrible offensive line...Suffered from compartment syndrome (a painful condition usually results from trauma that compresses muscles, nerves and blood vessels) as a freshman and spent ten days in the hospital, five in intensive care...Had his senior season ended prematurely when he broke his foot in October...Interesting prospect who, like Jay Cutler was a year ago, is hard to get a read on because he plays with such a bad supporting cast...Has all the tools that you look for and may end up being a better NFL than college player...Has starting potential in the pros.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Statistics
Year GP Comp Att Yds Comp % TD INT
2002 DNP - - - - - -
2003 8 77 170 750 45.3% 4 9
2004 9 148 271 1,718 54.6% 9 11
2005 11 167 268 1,934 62.7% 17 7
2006 7 94 156 1,027 60.3% 6 6
Totals 35 486 865 5,429 56.2% 36 33

I like the value here and he is not mentioned much right now but I bet Mueller is looking into him.

Trent Edwards isnt a sleeper pick. Hes pretty well known.

well, for QB's I consider a sleeper pick 3rd round guys. They say he is first day pick. Just not sure why many people around here have not said much about him.

I'm figuring that many of the second-tier guys will go before him, like Stanton, Kolb, maybe Palmer. Edwards just didn't have great numbers at Stanford, but with a couple years of tutoring, I think he could be a good starter for us. I'm thinking early 4th round right now.

Edwards was predicted by some as this year's Cutler, but injury problems and offensive line woes destroyed that notion. He could be a great value in the 4th-5th round range if he lasts that far.

i rather take my chances with stanton and if he doesnt work out pray for c-pep or lemon to be the qb...

My TOP 25 QBs entering the '07 DRAFT

1a.-JaMarcus Russell--1b.-Brady Quinn--3.-Kevin Kolb--4.-Drew Stanton--5.-Tyler Palko--6.-John Beck--7.-Troy Smith--8.-Trent Edwards--9.-Troy Smith--10.-Jordan Palmer--11.-Drew Tate--12.-Zac Taylor--13.-Jeff Rowe--14.-Jared Zabransky--15.-Justin Ruscati--16.-Isaiah Stanback--17.-Luke Getsy--18.-James Pinkney--19.-Luke Getsy--20.-Toby Korrobi--21.-Chris Leak--22.-Lester Ricard--23.-Matt Gutierrez--24.-Syvelle Newton--25.-Reggie Ball
My Top "Sleepers" at QB: Kevin Kolb--Houston, Tyler Palko--Pittsburgh, John Beck--BYU, Drew Tate--Iowa, Zac Taylor--Nebraska, Jeff Rowe--Nevada, Justin Ruscati--James Madison, Isaiah Stanback--Washington

Back
Top Bottom