sleeper team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sleeper team

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What do you guys think is this year's sleeper team,? I think it is Atlanta, they have a decent defense, a good QB in Vick who I think will be amazing, a good RB in Dunn, and maybe they will bring in some good WRs (they will also draft one in the first round)

Vikings. There defense is improving a bunch, and there Oline is to be improved in the draft. They are like 9 million under the cap, so they are obviously going to make some kind of deal somewhere to get someone good. I like Atlanta too!!

sleeper team is..........

Kansas City

Have the players in place to win the West and make a run at a conference title. They play in a division with teams that have a lot of question marks (SD,OK,DEN) and all could be had. While teams in the EAST, NORTH, and SOUTH are fighting it out for 16 weeks, KC might sneak out of an easy AFC West and be ready and rested come playoff time.

Originally posted by chambers84
Vikings. There defense is improving a bunch, and there Oline is to be improved in the draft. They are like 9 million under the cap, so they are obviously going to make some kind of deal somewhere to get someone good. I like Atlanta too!!

There defense is improving? They lost there best defensive player to Cleveland. Robert Griffith. Can't see how there defense is improving. Not to mention they lost there #2 and #3 WR in Carter and Reed. And still have no running game to talk of. Minnesota might be the worst team in football next year.

How about Cleveland? Couch and his wideouts are maturing, added a bunch to their defense......RB and oline in the draft?

I don't think they'll win it all, but I think they could close the gap on Pittsburgh big time.

Throw in Cincy as well.....

TedDanson:

Are you smoking crack??? The worst team in football?? No running game?? Sure Michael Bennett started slow but he averaged over 4 yards a carry and got way better as the season rolled on. Sure they lost Robert Griffith. That's all they really had for defense and he was hurt almost all year. They have Mixon and Bromell now, who we all know could be better than they were here. Chris Hovan is a beast in the DLINE that is improving every year. They have a Pro Bowl center in Matt Birk. They have a high draft pick, an awesome QB(Culpepper) an awesome receiver (MOSS) and probably will end up with Keenan McCardell after June 1. or a decent WR in the draft. They have a new coach with a no BS attitude in Mike Tice. And they are still 9 Million under the Salary Cap which means they are going to sign somebody important. I'll bet they are in the Wild Card this year, and have a decent shot at the Division again with Tampa gone. All they really have for competition is Green Bay....Chicago is WAY overrated and the luckiest team in the NFL(next to the Patriots) and Detroit SUCKS!!

Watch the Colts. With Edge back and the addition of Quadry Ismail, Manning will have an awesome year. Throw in a solid O-line, and a defense that will be much improved under Dungy, and you have the possible AFC South Division Champs. Watch the Colts, I'm glad they moved out of the AFC East.

Originally posted by BMarion31
Watch the Colts. With Edge back and the addition of Quadry Ismail, Manning will have an awesome year. Throw in a solid O-line, and a defense that will be much improved under Dungy, and you have the possible AFC South Division Champs. Watch the Colts, I'm glad they moved out of the AFC East.

AFC gotta go with the Colts though they only had 1 bad year, so them being a sleeper is questionable, but not playing the Fins will really help them.

NFC - gotta go with Atlanta and Vick:

Player signed Player lost
WR Alvis Whitted (Jaguars) QB Chris Chandler (Bears)
OT Todd Weiner (Seahawks) WR Terance Mathis (released)
WR Travis McGriff (Broncos) FS Ronnie Bradford (released)
DT Ed Jasper (re-signed) LB Anthony Jordan (released)
FS Keion Carpenter (Bills) LB Henri Crockett (Vikings)
PR/DB Allen Rossum (Packers) OT Ephraim Salaam (Broncos)
RB Warrick Dunn (Bucs)
DE/LB John Thierry (Packers)
LB John Holecek (Chargers)
TE Brian Kozlowski (re-signed)
CB Fred Weary (Saints)
RB Travis Jervey (re-signed)
S Keith Lyle (Redskins)

Sorry, I'm a homer but, if the Bills pull off the Bledsoe deal, with the other 11 FA's signed and the 4th pick overall??????? I think the Bills could be a bit of a sleeper.

Signed
OT Trey Teague
OT Marcus Price
K Mike Hollis
MLB London Fletcher
OLB Eddie Robinson
TE David Moore
S Billy Jenkins
TE Brady McDonnell
KR Charlie Rogers
and Possible Drew Bledsoe for the 2nd or 3rd rounder.

San Diego.
IF... they get another playmaker at WR.
If they can get Marquis Walker with their second pick of the second round, watch out.
LaDamlion Tomlinson and Brees are going to look pretty damn good behind an improved O-Line with Williams or McKinley.
Their defense is still moderatly young and they have a lotta talent.

my sleeper pick this year is..........................DALLAS.

They surprisingly had a top 5 defense that just got better with the additions of LaRoi Glover, Kevin Hardy and Bryant Westbrook. Bringing in Glover and Hardy will give the Cowboys an extra 15 to 20 sacks between them. The have the #6 pick in the draft along with their picks that are early in each of the later rounds also.

The still have a solid offense. But it will all come down to the play of their QB Quincy Carter. If Carter plays well, they will surprise a lot of team.

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
my sleeper pick this year is..........................DALLAS.

But it will all come down to the play of their QB Quincy Carter. If Carter plays well, they will surprise a lot of team.
I doubt Carter ends up their starter this year. Hutchinson is being paid for than Jay, i.e. starter money.

<<<<<AFC gotta go with the Colts though they only had 1 bad year, so them being a sleeper is questionable, but not playing the Fins will really help them. >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Miami plays at Indy in week 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Minnesota sucks

1) there defense even by adding Bromell and Mixon still sucks. They have no secondary.

2) Detroit may suck, but even they beat Minnesota last year.

3) Moss only plays when he wants too and is a headcase. Talk about cancer?!?!?! Moss is it.

4) Cullpepper has yet to show he can stay healthy for a full year.

5) Mike Tice is an unproven head coach who will have his growing pains like most new coaches do. Look at Gregg Williams in Buffalo.

6) they MIGHT sign thsi guy. Or they MIGHT sign that guy. Until they do I look at the roster now and they suck!

7) They might be 9 mill under the cap, but who is out there to sign that will make an impact? All of the top names have been signed up for the most part.

Unless they trade for Marshall Faulk or Edge James, this team will go 3-13 next year.

Back
Top Bottom