Sleeping on Anthony Gordon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sleeping on Anthony Gordon

I personally like him as a developmental guy. I think in the right system he could potentially have a little success. Could be a backup guy with upside. I don't think he has the goods to be a full time starter in the league though. I could be wrong though who knows.

Seems like a good kid who works hard, senior bowl week definitely showed his limitations. Especially with the physical presence of Herbert and Love and their effortless arm strength and athleticism. Gordon looks like he puts in a ton of effort on every throw even like 8 yard slants, sort of like Fitzpatrick but he is 38 and has millions of throws on his arm. He could be a good guy to take late and just let him develop, could be a solid back up to have but IMO that is he ceiling in the NFL a guy who can be a solid back up maybe play 2-3 games when needed and wont kill you but isnt by any means going to carry a team.

His physical traits are enough to put one in a coma...

You take a low round flier on Gordon, much like Minshew, that's it. Minshew had something beyond his stats though, that was evident when you watched Wazu play, he was the life and soul of that team and that's why they were so successful that year. He brought that into the NFL, and had a pretty good rookie season for a 6th round draft pick. Not sure Gordon has that "IT" factor, we'll see.

Seems like a good kid who works hard.

No he does not. That's the main problem with Gordon. He did not work hard to get his body in NFL shape. Did not work hard to win the starting job in college long ago. Came into senior bowl at 190 lbs.
He seems like a guy with ton of talent who just does not care to be a starter in the NFL. That is the problem!

No he does not. That's the main problem with Gordon. He did not work hard to get his body in NFL shape. Did not work hard to win the starting job in college long ago. Came into senior bowl at 190 lbs.
He seems like a guy with ton of talent who just does not care to be a starter in the NFL. That is the problem!

Lets pump the breaks on this, if you have a ton of talent you are not thought of in the 6th round or later, especially with the QB position. Unless you have some sort of character flaw or injury.

Lets pump the breaks on this, if you have a ton of talent you are not thought of in the 6th round or later, especially with the QB position. Unless you have some sort of character flaw or injury.

It does not matter what anyone thinks. There have been plenty of players who were thought of as late round talent yet they were first round talents. And the other way around, players who were thought of as first round talent yet they proved to be not.

It does not matter what anyone thinks. There have been plenty of players who were thought of as late round talent yet they were first round talents. And the other way around, players who were thought of as first round talent yet they proved to be not.

I don't agree with your opinions much Largo but here... You are spot on.
The glaring example of the difference is Brady in the 6th and Russel in the 1st.

Back
Top Bottom