Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds. | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slim Reaper comes in at 6’ and 166 pounds.

Do you have any second thoughts/reservations about drafting 'The Slim Reaper' when he's 166lbs?

• Total voters
Lack of intangibles and it factor doesn't matter anymore for Herbert as he posted a *checks notes* 6-9 record with some pretty back-breaking 4th quarter fumbles/interceptions that lost the game, same as in college?

What?

Also, I'd wager Smith is faster than both Pitts and Chase so since you want "game breaking speed", you are prioritizing Waddle first? Is that right? Just trying to follow your logic here.
Smith faster than Pitts and Chase? Haha..is he Waddle now? LMAO.."Thin" chance Smith is faster than either.

Anyone who knows anything knows that size and speed are what matter for a WR.

That’s why Devante Parker (6’2.5, 210, 4.45) and Breshad Perriman (6’2, 212, 4.35) are so much better than Davante Adams (6’1, 210, 4.56) and DeAndre Hopkins (6’1, 214, 4.57) and Michael Thomas (6’2.75, 212, 4.57) and Stefon Diggs (6’0, 195, 4.46).

Smith faster than Pitts and Chase? Haha..is he Waddle now? LMAO.."Thin" chance Smith is faster than either.
You can read what Smith has been timed at in Alabama practices in the 40 including what he was clocked at before he stepped foot in Alabama's campus.

If Pitts's time is legit with hand clocked stopwatches then so is Smith's 4.3/4.4 times.

Don't really need to argue this as the double teamed Heisman winner didn't win it running slower than 4.5s which is what Pitts would've run at the combine.

You can read what Smith has been timed at in Alabama practices in the 40 including what he was clocked at before he stepped foot in Alabama's campus.

If Pitts's time is legit with hand clocked stopwatches then so is Smith's 4.3/4.4 times.

Don't really need to argue this as the double teamed Heisman winner didn't win it running slower than 4.5s which is what Pitts would've run at the combine.
Actually that's wrong.

Florida pro day times are slower than combine times save one single player since 2013. It's been well documented.

Also..I hope Smith is faster for his sake. Pitts has 79 lbs on him.

Did Smith run at either pro day? Remind me? Oh..no. Had a broken finger, which really affects his legs, apparently. LMAO!

I will agree to the assumption that they have similar speed....

However....one is 5 inches taller and 80 pounds heavier...and much more of headache to match up with defensively.

I think it's fair to say there are some fans that this issue matters to them for one reason or another and there are other fans like myself that could really careless about his weight. The same is likely true with NFL coaches and gms... some might care and others might not.

I am not posting to argue with anyone just a few thoughts.
1. We can only guess at what Smith would run, just because he looks "fast" is not a barometer.
2. Pitts is a lot bigger of a human, if there times are close, then that is a win for Pitts.
3. Comparing a 6'6 freak with a slender 6'0 WR that can be found anywhere is just funny to me.
4. Anyone that would select Smith over Pitts is just not right. Why? If we are fortunate enough to have him fall to us and we pick Smith then I know Grier is an idiot.

Now if we are sitting at 6 and Pitts and Chase are gone and we cannot trade down fine, although at that point I might look at Sewell again. I think Smith is a great kid but not a great prospect at 6.

I think it's fair to say there are some fans that this issue matters to them for one reason or another and there are other fans like myself that could really careless about his weight. The same is likely true with NFL coaches and gms... some might care and others might not.
Enough care that Smith will likely slip towards the middle of round one.....

Back
Top Bottom