Slimm's 2015 Cornerbacks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Cornerbacks

I have over 40 cornerbacks to discuss here. Let's talk about em or move on if you have nothing.

How the heck did I do that :crazy:

Slimm if you want to delete all this given you are a forum moderator and this is a good thread I'm for it...we know where each other stands on things

Ifo Ekpre-Olumu. Big fan. Scheme fit too. What did he have 80 tackles last year? Love his mirror and ball skills.

Scouts measured Ifo Ekpre-Olomu at 5'9 1/4 according to Daniel Jeremiah.. Coincidentally that is the same height as the current player I compare him to.. Brent Grimes..

Two senior corners who will deserve a lot more attention in the draft process are Trovon Reed and Chris Dunkley.

They're not guys anyone could have predicted to be up there as far as rankings or draft prospects, because until this year they were both wide receivers.

Dunkley is a former 5-star wide receiver prospect who was moved to corner only this year in training camp by Willie Taggart and staff, and his play has been a revelation. He's been a bright spot in an otherwise dim USF season marred by some of the worst quarterback play I've ever seen. Dunkley also has significant return skills.

Trovon Reed is 6'0" & 190 lbs and I was thoroughly impressed last night with the job he did on Tyler Lockette. I would have to go back and re-watch the game but I don't think he was on Tyler Lockette toward the beginning of the game when Lockette was successfully impacting the game. At some point Auburn put Reed on Lockette and focused on keeping that matchup even as Lockette was moved around, and Reed really had him on lockdown. Lockette has some issues with hands but he's exceptional at getting open, and that's why I was so impressed that Reed was in his hip pocket to where he was able to dominate the diminutive Lockette at the catch point with his superior length.

Two senior corners who will deserve a lot more attention in the draft process are Trovon Reed and Chris Dunkley.

They're not guys anyone could have predicted to be up there as far as rankings or draft prospects, because until this year they were both wide receivers.

Dunkley is a former 5-star wide receiver prospect who was moved to corner only this year in training camp by Willie Taggart and staff, and his play has been a revelation. He's been a bright spot in an otherwise dim USF season marred by some of the worst quarterback play I've ever seen. Dunkley also has significant return skills.

Trovon Reed is 6'0" & 190 lbs and I was thoroughly impressed last night with the job he did on Tyler Lockette. I would have to go back and re-watch the game but I don't think he was on Tyler Lockette toward the beginning of the game when Lockette was successfully impacting the game. At some point Auburn put Reed on Lockette and focused on keeping that matchup even as Lockette was moved around, and Reed really had him on lockdown. Lockette has some issues with hands but he's exceptional at getting open, and that's why I was so impressed that Reed was in his hip pocket to where he was able to dominate the diminutive Lockette at the catch point with his superior length.

Draftable, or UDFA's? ^

I'll get around to making an underrated list of prospects at some point during the season, but I can tell you as far as Senior CB's go....FIU's Richard Leonard will be on it.

He's currently my #25 rated Senior cornerback, mainly due to lack of ideal size and he didn't play last year because of academics. He's here based on freshman and sophomore tape.

He's a smallish corner in the mold of a Tyranny Mathieu or Nickell Roby. Has tremendous man cover skills, hips, and recovery speed. Aggressive tackler for his size and never hesitates to stick his nose in there.

However, what's really going to help him make a roster to begin with is his return skills on special teams. This is one of the best returners in the country. He's broken some of T.Y. Hilton's return records for FIU. Reminds me a lot of another smallish CB I watched here under Saban by the name of Javier Arenas.

Already putting out some outstanding tape this season if you pay attention to FIU.

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is going to want to burn this tape against Washington State. He's struggling, bad. Let up two touchdowns in direct coverage early in the game, getting burned later in the game by Vince Mayle (ball didn't end up on target so he got lucky). It's the 4th quarter he's looking gassed and he's guessing on routes. Tough night for him.

He definitely had a rough night, but Dom Williams ain't exactly a scrub either. I have him in my top 10 of underclassman wide receivers. He ate Oregon up a little bit last year too.

Ekpre-Olomu reminds me of Donnell Woolford when he came out of Clemson. He was 5'9", 192 but had excellent cover skills and extremely physical as a tackler. Didn't have blazing speed... somewhere in the 4.5 range, but knew how to cover.

Memphis corner Bobby McCain is just fantastic. One of the most underrated and best defenders in the country.

I don't see any Revis' or Haden's out there this year..

At least not to my knowledge.

You have to remember how "overrated" Joe Haden was the year he come out after running a 4.55. As a matter of fact, I can find posts around here trying to tell me that Major Wright made Joe Haden at Florida.

Back
Top Bottom