Slimm's 2015 Cornerbacks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Cornerbacks

Quentin Rollins of Miami (OH) is an extremely impressive kid with tremendous upside. Former Point Guard for Miami (OH) basketball team used up his eligibility playing basketball and joined the football team in the spring. Earned a starting job and through the first 6 games, already has 4 INT's and is tied for 2nd in the entire country in passes defended with 11.

Freakish skillset and athleticism. Great size for a DB at 6'0", 200 pounds. He's a deep sleeper right now but he won't be here shortly....

Has Trae Waynes stock improved at all in your mind? Honestly I've barely watched him. Just a little bit last year from watching Dennard. I can't really comment on him at all

Has Trae Waynes stock improved at all in your mind? Honestly I've barely watched him. Just a little bit last year from watching Dennard. I can't really comment on him at all

Waynes is a really good player. Firmly one of my top 3 underclassman CB's. He's a lengthy, press corner with tremendous man-to-man skills...or ability to stay in-phase to turn and locate the football. The inteception he made this past Saturday against Kenny Bell in the Nebraska game pretty much sums up what type of skills he has. This play was textbook from start to finish.

His length (6'1") is going to serve him well in this particular class due to most of the CB's in this class with the best coverage skills being under 6' tall. He has Johnthan Banks length and ball skills but better recovery speed and pure man coverage ability. More of the ideal press corner than Banks was. I just think he'll need to keep adding strength in his upper body to maintain maximum effectiveness in press technique in the NFL against the best it has to offer. Nice prospect. He's a keeper in my book.

Waynes is a really good player. Firmly one of my top 3 underclassman CB's. He's a lengthy, press corner with tremendous man-to-man skills...or ability to stay in-phase to turn and locate the football. The inteception he made this past Saturday against Kenny Bell in the Nebraska game pretty much sums up what type of skills he has. This play was textbook from start to finish.

His length (6'1") is going to serve him well in this particular class due to most of the CB's in this class with the best coverage skills being under 6' tall. He has Johnthan Banks length and ball skills but better recovery speed and pure man coverage ability. More of the ideal press corner than Banks was. I just think he'll need to keep adding strength in his upper body to maintain maximum effectiveness in press technique in the NFL against the best it has to offer. Nice prospect. He's a keeper in my book.

sorry...just flying by but had to say this is really good right here...will be interesting to see what he benches cause like you said to play that press technique at a high level in the pros he needs to be a bull...that kids quite a talent though...nice prospect good ball skills and awareness...not as stiff as many press technique corners either

I'll just add that from the little I've seen him I was impressed with his hip fluidity for being a high cut guy. I was mostly watching Abdullah vs Michigan State but that interception was impressive. From the limited exposure I've had I'm impressed with his combination of press man skills, mirror ability, ability to find the football, ball skills, and the fact that he is a willing tackler. He may be a better prospect than Dennard because he has more length and ability to find the football as well as recovery speed and hip fluidness. It's too premature to give a grade or a round but he definitely looks the part.

Craig Mager is really an exceptional zone corner and tackles extremely well. Underrated player that nobody knows about. Good size. Nice instincts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt it. Shaw was already tentatively among my top 5 senior cornerbacks. That was before he was suspended indefinitely for making up a hero story to explain how he injured his ankles. Lied to coaches, teammates, and the entire University in the process.

Oddly enough, it appears KeiVarae Russell also won't play for Notre Dame this year while the investigation into academic fraud continues. This kid was spectacular though.

P.J. Williams is a different story. He's headed in the right direction right now. Made the tackle that forced a fumble that was likely the difference in the game to squeak by Okie Lite.
In the few games that I've seen Florida State P.J. Williams has really stood out. I like how he tackles and has the size Miami's secondary is currently lacking.

Two senior corners who will deserve a lot more attention in the draft process are Trovon Reed and Chris Dunkley.

They're not guys anyone could have predicted to be up there as far as rankings or draft prospects, because until this year they were both wide receivers.

Dunkley is a former 5-star wide receiver prospect who was moved to corner only this year in training camp by Willie Taggart and staff, and his play has been a revelation. He's been a bright spot in an otherwise dim USF season marred by some of the worst quarterback play I've ever seen. Dunkley also has significant return skills.

Trovon Reed is 6'0" & 190 lbs and I was thoroughly impressed last night with the job he did on Tyler Lockette. I would have to go back and re-watch the game but I don't think he was on Tyler Lockette toward the beginning of the game when Lockette was successfully impacting the game. At some point Auburn put Reed on Lockette and focused on keeping that matchup even as Lockette was moved around, and Reed really had him on lockdown. Lockette has some issues with hands but he's exceptional at getting open, and that's why I was so impressed that Reed was in his hip pocket to where he was able to dominate the diminutive Lockette at the catch point with his superior length.

Good call on Dunkley. Just got done watching some USF/UCONN tape and he looks extremely athletic. Started the game off with a blitz off the corner and got a sack/forced fumble. Fast, physical, athletic corner that loves to tackle. Changes directions like he's operated with a joystick. He'll play at the next level.

This Dunkley kid is one of the most athletic players I've seen in college football. Fast. Reminds me a lot of Sam Shields coming out of Miami who played both WR and CB. He has that type of ability on tape.

This Dunkley kid is one of the most athletic players I've seen in college football. Fast. Reminds me a lot of Sam Shields coming out of Miami who played both WR and CB. He has that type of ability on tape.

Duly noted.

I mean he was a legit 5-star recruit, went to the Gators. Probably doesn't have the ball skills to be a true wide receiver and is a bit small to be high-impact at that position anyway. Moving him to corner was an inspired idea and it's going to give him a nice pro career. The Sam Shields comparison is very apt.

Lorenzo Doss of Tulane impresses me. Might be lacking top end speed, need to see more to know for sure. But otherwise a very complete corner.

Bernard Blake was a corner I mentioned some last year because he impressed me on tape. He looks like he's having another pretty good year.

He and the new coaching staff haven't been able to see eye to eye since Chris Peterson got there after coming over from Boise St. I think Coach Peterson has dismissed several players since he got there.

Either way, Peters is the most talented CB in the draft and he'll go high. I don't know what the specifics are between he and the coaching staff, but if I need a cornerback, this is the first kid I'm taking.

Back
Top Bottom