Slimm's 2015 Cornerbacks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Cornerbacks

I've definitely loved watching Quentin Rollins out of Miami Ohio more, and seeing his technique more and more. I am liking him a lot as a top CB out of this years group.

Kevin White out of TCU has also shown great acceleration towards the ball, and really stays with his man well.

My question is on these guys as well as Ladarius Gunter of Miami I want to add as well. What are your thoughts on him too.

you think these guys can become top NFL CBs, with great speed, technique as well as reading to make plays on the ball?

No doubt in my mind Quinten Rollins will be great. He'll be a Baltimore Raven or Pittsburg Steeler IMHO. It was a Baltimore scout that convinced Q to play football and I've been told Mike Tomlin loves him.

Marcus Peters best CB prospect since Champ Bailey? Whoa - we forgetting guys like Patrick Peterson and Joe Hayden- If this guy compares to Peterson- have to take a shot after 5th pick. Bailey, Peterson we are talking HOF talent...

Not worried about what Trae Waynes will look like strength-wise at the Combine. Watch him take on blocks from guys who should be a lot stronger than him (e.g. Ben Koyack) and have some momentum, he stands them up. The guy is made of wood. The physical strength is there, I think it's the mental part he needs to get down better that way. Definitely not worried about him from a speed standpoint but I don't know if anyone that ever studied him ever would have been.

Marcus Peters could be a great corner in the NFL if he ever gets out of his own way. But even if I knew absolutely nothing about getting kicked off the team, I'd look at the tape and question his self-control, discipline, attitude. It bleeds into the quality of his football a lot, similar to how it did Vontaze Burfict (who seems to be doing alright in the NFL, it should be noted). When you combine the extra-curricular stuff on film with him getting kicked off a Chris Petersen coached team seemingly because they just grew tired of putting up with him, that would bother me some.

I'd like to see what Marcus Peters runs to be honest because (and this is likely just a function of not having seen enough of his games) I can't recall Peters getting challenged that often in situations where he has to run a great distance. I know he has some problems controlling his speed when he gets up to high gear but I'd like a better sense of what that high gear is for him.

I would probably steer toward Trae Waynes for Miami's system. I think his experience in quarters coverage, the constant recognition of route combinations it has required, it translates better for what Miami needs. I expect a good performance in Indy too.

People calling Waynes a pure "bump and run CB" and not a fit for the Fins system are simply wrong.

I want to see how Waynes looks athletically before totally axing him off the list. Monday should tell a lot for me at least.

Marcus Peters a 4.57 which kind of emphasizes the point I was making where it seems like the Washington defense kept him protected from having to open up into high gear with receivers. He doesn't have a great deal of control at high speed, and his high gear isn't all that impressive. He will have to fit into the right scheme in the NFL and the big question is whether he's disicplined enough to do that. He doesn't play with discipline.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Also Quinten Rollins with a 4.67 that will get him put into a Lovie Smith scheme.

How about Waynes?? Damn that's some good times. I'd love to have him in a Miami Jersey. Have some speed at the CB position.

How about Waynes?? Damn that's some good times. I'd love to have him in a Miami Jersey. Have some speed at the CB position.

i've watched his game film a lot... now after seeing him today i think i have become comfortable saying I would take him at #14 as a Miami Dolphin.... not many guys I have said this about

I'm the same. I've watched his games and liked what he could bring to the table of this defense but also showing the speed in the 40 and drills is nice. Would be nice to have a speed guy in our secondary. Grimes, Waynes, Taylor wouldn't look bad. I actually think in that case I'd try Grimes at nickel. His agility would really help inside plus he's a willing tackler. The draft looks like crap at safety to me, so we need to get one in FA. Maybe Delmas back or Antrele Rolle. Secondary would look pretty solid. Maybe Aikens shows something in TC as well.

I'm the same. I've watched his games and liked what he could bring to the table of this defense but also showing the speed in the 40 and drills is nice. Would be nice to have a speed guy in our secondary. Grimes, Waynes, Taylor wouldn't look bad. I actually think in that case I'd try Grimes at nickel. His agility would really help inside plus he's a willing tackler. The draft looks like crap at safety to me, so we need to get one in FA. Maybe Delmas back or Antrele Rolle. Secondary would look pretty solid. Maybe Aikens shows something in TC as well.

i want Delmas back anyways if we can resign him... he isnt overly expensive either, and yes i know injury issues.... but he offers a lot for us when on field and leader!!!

and yes the draft is disgusting with safeties. I'm not looking to draft any... but Eric Rowe (only for Safety) from Utah is a guy to keep an eye on for that, if lower rounds.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

SLIMM: just curious... someone mentioned you liked Bobby McCain from Memphis a lot.... i am just wondering what you like on him and what you dislike on him???

Been talking about Marshall CB Darryl Roberts all year. Today he showed why.

Ran a 4.36/4.39. Had a 39 inch vertical, 11'2" broad jump. Ran a 6.66 second cone drill, 4.06 second shuttle. Did 23 official bench reps but actually put it up 28 times and had 5 taken away because he supposedly didn't lock out. For those that like the 10 yard split, his was 1.49 official on the 4.36 run.

I don't know his exact measurements but he's listed 6'0" & 182 lbs and he looks about that.

Film? Good. Stands out immediately. Always making plays. Best I can say is I've watched every Marshall game and every time you get into a situation where you think, this is where you need your seniors to make plays, he and DL James Rouse made plays.

He's a fantastic prospect that everyone are sleeping on quite a bit. Didn't get any all star or Combine invites. I think in general talent evaluators and all star people have had the most chicken sh-t attitude toward Marshall's near perfect record this year based on perceived strength of schedule. But Doc Holliday was the main recruiting force for Urban Meyer's UF teams, and has an incredible foothold in Miami and Florida considering Marshall is way up in Huntington, WV. Why these people should act surprised when guys like Darryl Roberts, James Rouse, Chris Jasperse, Rakeem Cato, etc turn out to have pro compelling traits and athletic ability...is beyond me.

Holliday is a great talent finder. So don't be surprised when these Marshall players turn out pro compelling, regardless of strength of schedule or any of that nonsense.

Been talking about Marshall CB Darryl Roberts all year. Today he showed why.

Ran a 4.36/4.39. Had a 39 inch vertical, 11'2" broad jump. Ran a 6.66 second cone drill, 4.06 second shuttle. Did 23 official bench reps but actually put it up 28 times and had 5 taken away because he supposedly didn't lock out. For those that like the 10 yard split, his was 1.49 official on the 4.36 run.

I don't know his exact measurements but he's listed 6'0" & 182 lbs and he looks about that.

Film? Good. Stands out immediately. Always making plays. Best I can say is I've watched every Marshall game and every time you get into a situation where you think, this is where you need your seniors to make plays, he and DL James Rouse made plays.

He's a fantastic prospect that everyone are sleeping on quite a bit. Didn't get any all star or Combine invites. I think in general talent evaluators and all star people have had the most chicken sh-t attitude toward Marshall's near perfect record this year based on perceived strength of schedule. But Doc Holliday was the main recruiting force for Urban Meyer's UF teams, and has an incredible foothold in Miami and Florida considering Marshall is way up in Huntington, WV. Why these people should act surprised when guys like Darryl Roberts, James Rouse, Chris Jasperse, Rakeem Cato, etc turn out to have pro compelling traits and athletic ability...is beyond me.

Holliday is a great talent finder. So don't be surprised when these Marshall players turn out pro compelling, regardless of strength of schedule or any of that nonsense.

i'm gonna check his film out tonight!!!! thanks much!!!

I'm very interested in PJ Williams from Florida State. I can see us drafting a decent CB, where do you project Williams to go? Hope he lasts to the mid 2nd Round? Which NFL player does he remind you of? Do you have any concerns? He looks very good from what I've seen.

CK/Slimm/others... Welcome feedback on Byron Jones from Connecticut. He put up some freakish numbers at the Combine but what did the video of his games tell you? I think he is a very interesting CB. Where do you expect him to be drafted?

Back
Top Bottom