Slimm's 2018 Quarterbacks (Underclassman) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2018 Quarterbacks (Underclassman)

Wish he would've stuck with his commitment to Alabama instead of following Kirby to Georgia.

Too early to break him down as a prospect for the next level.
I’ll be waiting in anticipation on your breakdown on the kid in the next couple years. He looks mature and smart for his age on the field. His stock will definitely rise if Georgia beats Alabama in the Championship game, which I know you prob hope doesn’t happen.

Darnold declared. I would have been surprised a week ago but the indications were in that direction the past few days.

Watching a bunch of Brian Allen film was my first real exposure to Brian Lewerke of Michigan State. I still have yet to actually focus on him specifically but I'm a bit blown away by the sophomore. He's got some real talent.

Adam Gase will like a guy coming out of Michigan State.

Chase Litton declared. Crazy.

On talent you have to put him up high. Watch that NC State performance. Throws in there that others just can’t make with the confidence he does.

I like his mechanics. I like how he's 6'6 and releases the ball at the highest point of his arch. Nice, catchable, accurate throws.

I love how he aims his throws straight into the db's backs so they never see the ball.

One to watch.

Wash St Soph Qb Tyler Hilinsky commited suicide. Awful news. He started half the games last year and looked to be the starter this year.

Kyle Allen declared for the draft. Young kid who played for Texas A&M and UH. Has the measurements and arm strength to at least get a look at.

I’m still on the Tanner Lee train though in the later rounds of 5-7, he replaced Mason Rudolph at the senior bowl. Hoping the Dolphins see something in him to pick him up in the later rounds.

I'm not one to usually comment in the draft forum, but since the news of Allen being interviewed dropped I decided to take a look at him in play. I'm not a great player analyst, but one thing that stands out to me is he has a very rare release. It's incredibly fast. That's something that can't be taught and is an amazing tool to be born with.

Alright, CK shamed me for not know who Josh Allen was so I'm here to study up and be an expert by draft time. Lol!

He's more of a fit than you'd think. He has translatable experience and some decent pocket traits. Gase will tend not to explicitly reward guys for their speed and ability to do things that way, but then again, he's only human and he could start thinking of the plays he could run with Lamar in at quarterback.

The kid who may emerge as a backup QB draft pick for Miami is Tanner Lee. I don't know where they expect him to be drafted but I thought that he looked a decent development prospect from what I saw at the Combine and some of the video highlights. Maybe worthy of a 4th round pick??? I would place the Dolphin team needs at LB and TE as a higher priority.

Last edited:
The kid who may emerge as a backup QB draft pick is Tanner Lee. I don't know where they expect him to be drafted but I thought that he looked a decent development prospect from what I saw at the Combine and some of the video highlights. Maybe worthy of a 3rd or 4th round pick. I would place the team needs at LB and TE as a higher priority.
Highlights? Everyone looks good in highlights. I'm no expert but I saw some of his games and didn't like him.

He's more of a fit than you'd think. He has translatable experience and some decent pocket traits. Gase will tend not to explicitly reward guys for their speed and ability to do things that way, but then again, he's only human and he could start thinking of the plays he could run with Lamar in at quarterback.

I would be happy if they drafted Jackson. If they want him i think you have to take him at 11.

I would be happy if they drafted Jackson. If they want him i think you have to take him at 11.

That would not be a good idea. He's a 2nd round pick and #11 overall is too high for that. At #11 overall you're going to have the opportunity to draft real elite players.

Teddy Bridgewater is available in free agency. Just go buy him. I'd rather do that than take Lamar Jackson #11 overall.

Back
Top Bottom