Slimm's 2018 Runningbacks (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2018 Runningbacks (Underclassman)

Ronald Jones has a nice burst and slides into creases. (Stanford game)..

I really like Bryce Love, he's a talented kid. Toughness is off the charts. Reminds me a lot of Napolean Kaufman.

But here's the difference, Love is always dinged up and hurt. It's not necessarily because of the workload in my opinion.

Great backs have a knack for never really taking clean shots. They don't give you a lot to hit. Nothing but knees and elbows.

Bryce Love takes way too many clean shots from tacklers, a lot of times multiple on each run. He already stays dinged up too much because of it in college. No way he can take the pounding in the NFL every week at that size with that style.

He tries to run and take contact like he's 230 instead of 190....which is why I love him so much. Just incredible toughness. Grit. Passion.

He may not last in the pros, but give me kids like him instead of 230 pound backs that run and take contact like they're 190.

Besides the Top 2 RB's being Barkley and Guice.

Johnson And Nall really appealed to me at the Combine for the later round snag of a RB.

Anyone have a more in depth look at these 2 both negative and positive.

Besides the Top 2 RB's being Barkley and Guice.

Johnson And Nall really appealed to me at the Combine for the later round snag of a RB.

Anyone have a more in depth look at these 2 both negative and positive.

I've watched Kerryon Johnson many a Friday night since he was 16 years old playing here for Madison Academy and all through his career at Auburn.

He just really broke out this year as a Junior with Pettway hurt most of the season...so they didn't have to split carries like they did in 2016. Johnson proved he was a workhorse. Although even he was hurt after the Iron Bowl hit from Ronnie Harrison on his shoulder. He was still in excruciating pain a week later for the SEC title game vs Georgia...but played anyway.

He's just a tough, rugged runner between the tackles. Tough to bring down and uses those long arms well.

Nall is just a big athletic kid with rare speed in the open field for that size. A lot like Bo Scarbrough. But he's very unpolished on the details of playing the RB position. Had some ball security issues this past season and was benched for it at one point.

Nall is a late rounder, Johnson is a little better than that.

Back
Top Bottom