Slimm's 2018 Safeties (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2018 Safeties (Seniors)

Quin Blanding in the late fourth would be good value as a cover 2 FS.

Would love some insight on who do you think could play a combo role the best outside of the top 10 talents. By combo I mean FS and Nickel db

I've always been impressed by Siran Neal that way. I also tend to think Jeremy Reaves bears watching. Dane Cruikshank is another one that should go higher than most have had him along the way.

At the very low end of the spectrum size-wise is Deatrick Nichols who is just a fantastic little player that plays bigger, is really fast (ran 4.33 at pro day), very athletic, leader, play maker.

At the other end of the spectrum you've got to figure out Tarvarus McFadden because despite his being slow at both Combine and Pro Day, he plays a hell of a lot better than his speed, and last year the NFL figured out that they could take Teez Tabor (also slow but looked better than his speed on tape) and make him an underneath combo defensive back, and get good value out of him.

I've always been impressed by Siran Neal that way. I also tend to think Jeremy Reaves bears watching. Dane Cruikshank is another one that should go higher than most have had him along the way.

At the very low end of the spectrum size-wise is Deatrick Nichols who is just a fantastic little player that plays bigger, is really fast (ran 4.33 at pro day), very athletic, leader, play maker.

At the other end of the spectrum you've got to figure out Tarvarus McFadden because despite his being slow at both Combine and Pro Day, he plays a hell of a lot better than his speed, and last year the NFL figured out that they could take Teez Tabor (also slow but looked better than his speed on tape) and make him an underneath combo defensive back, and get good value out of him.

Depends on which year you mean for McFadden. Tale of two tapes. Tabor was much better than McFadden played last year. This past season I think his timed speed showed. When he got caught trying to be over aggressive or peaking, he was unable to make up the space. Him being super aggressive underneath plays into that "40 time doesnt matter" theory. But I watched every game of his career. When he was asked to take away that side of the field, he struggled down the field.

Depends on which year you mean for McFadden. Tale of two tapes. Tabor was much better than McFadden played last year. This past season I think his timed speed showed. When he got caught trying to be over aggressive or peaking, he was unable to make up the space. Him being super aggressive underneath plays into that "40 time doesnt matter" theory. But I watched every game of his career. When he was asked to take away that side of the field, he struggled down the field.

Calvin Ridley tore his ass up. He got exposed right off the bat.

Back
Top Bottom