Slimm's 2019 Defensive Tackles (seniors) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Defensive Tackles (seniors)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Christian Wilkins / Clemson / 6'3", 315

2. Jerry Tillery / Notre Dame / 6'6", 295

3. Renell Wren / Arizona St. / 6'5", 318

4. Daylon Mack / Texas A&M / 6'1", 336

5. Greg Gaines / Washington / 6’1”, 312

6. Demarcus Christmas / Florida St. / 6'3", 294

7. Gerald Willis / Miami / 6'2", 302

8. Armon Watts / Arkansas / 6'5", 300

9. Chris Slayton / Syracuse / 6'4", 307

10. Khalen Saunders / W. Illinois / 6'0", 324

11. Albert Huggins / Clemson / 6'3', 305

12. Shy Tuttle / Tennessee / 6'3", 290

13. Olive Sagapolu / Wisconsin / 6’2”, 342

14. Dontavius Russell / Auburn / 6'3", 319

15. Cortez Broughton / Cincinnati / 6'2", 293

16. Isaiah Buggs / Alabama / 6'3", 306

17. Terry Beckner Jr. / Missouri / 6'4", 296

18. Anthony Rush / UAB / 6'5", 350

19. Malik Dorton / USC / 6'2", 280

20. Marquis Copeland / Cincinnati / 6'2", 281

21. Kenny Bigelow Jr. / W. Virginia / 6'3", 307

22. Michael Dogbe / Temple / 6'3", 286

23. Ricky Walker / Virginia Tech / 6'2", 297

24. Johnny Dwight / Alabama / 6'3", 301

25. Kevin Strong Jr. / UTSA / 6'3", 290

26. Ira Lewis / Baylor / 6'3", 290

27. Steven Leggett / FAU / 6'0", 278

Last edited:
Most Underrated: Albert Huggins, Cortez Broughton, Renell Wren, Shy Tuttle. Huggins is the best backup defensive tackle in the country.

Most Overrated: Probably Terry Beckner Jr.

Most Underrated: Albert Huggins, Cortez Broughton, Renell Wren, Shy Tuttle. Huggins is the best backup defensive tackle in the country.

I'm gonna keep an eye on the fallers come draft day ... deep class and I'd like Miami to draft someone like Tuttle in the 5th/6th if they miss out on the position in the early rounds. It ain't flashy but he gets it done.

Feels weird to say a ND player may be underrated, but I haven't heard a lot of hype surrounding Tillery, and he's been very good (as you note with your overall ranking). He reminds me of a former ND DT, Stephon Tuitt. Not an exception athlete - though good enough - but very smooth for his size, and he knows how to win with his length and strength

Feels weird to say a ND player may be underrated, but I haven't heard a lot of hype surrounding Tillery, and he's been very good (as you note with your overall ranking). He reminds me of a former ND DT, Stephon Tuitt. Not an exception athlete - though good enough - but very smooth for his size, and he knows how to win with his length and strength

He's a top 50 player in my opinion. Reminds me a little bit of Ra'shede Hageman, except better. It's not often you see DT's with this type of length that know how to use it as opposed to being a liability with it (Raekwon Davis for example).

Slim- How do you compare Wilkins to the top 3-4 underclass DTs? Is he right behind Q Williams?

Slim- How do you compare Wilkins to the top 3-4 underclass DTs? Is he right behind Q Williams?

He's certainly in the mix to be right behind Williams. Although you can't really etch many slots in stone since they haven't completed the entire evaluation process yet. Athletic testing is a critical component for a lot of these DT's. Wilkins will obviously do quite well there in my opinion.

He's certainly in the mix to be right behind Williams. Although you can't really etch many slots in stone since they haven't completed the entire evaluation process yet. Athletic testing is a critical component for a lot of these DT's. Wilkins will obviously do quite well there in my opinion.
Thanks Slimm. I wouldn’t mind seeing him in aqua-orange mid 1st RD Wilkins.
The LSU LB is amazing reminds me of a more fluid Reuben Foster without the baggage.

Miami shouldn’t pass on the LSU LB.
He is perfect fit. Fills need / super talented.
The DL is also a need but FAs such as Frank Clark / Flowers / etc will be available.
LBs like White don’t come around often.

Slimm whatta think of Clemson DT, Albert Huggins? I noticed you have him as an under rated prospect. Where do you see him going in the draft? He looked good the other night in the bowl game. The game announcers spoke highly of him.

After watching Texas whip Georgia in the trenches, please put Charles Omenihu (Big 12 lineman of the Year) on this list. He did well at DT and DE against the Dawgs.

Slimm whatta think of Clemson DT, Albert Huggins? I noticed you have him as an under rated prospect. Where do you see him going in the draft? He looked good the other night in the bowl game. The game announcers spoke highly of him.

Currently have him with a day 3 grade - could go up or down after I see how he tests out athletically. The question is, we simply don't know about him as a starter. It's a completely different animal when teams are preparing for you instead of the guy in front of you every week. However, he's certainly been the best backup DT I've seen in country all year.

Just got to watching Jerry Tillery, and I like what I see. He kind of reminds me of Odrick, downhill and knows how to use his length and hands to get into the play. Gotta love that size, 6'7 305 and looks versatile enough to deploy in various ways.

Back
Top Bottom