Slimm's 2019 Linebackers (underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Linebackers (underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Devin White / LSU / 6'0", 237

2. Devin Bush / Michigan / 5'11", 234

3. Tyrel Dodson / Texas A&M / 6'0", 237

4. David Long Jr. / W. Virginia / 5'11", 227

5. Mack Wilson / Alabama / 6'1", 240

6. Tre Lamar / Clemson / 6'3", 253

7. Vosean Joseph / Florida / 6'1", 230

8. Josiah Tauaefa / UTSA / 6'2", 245

9. Joe Giles-Harris / Duke / 6'2", 234

10. Jeffery Allison / Fresno St. / 5'11", 228

11. Sutton Smith / N. Illinois / 6'0", 233

Last edited:
Tre Lamar might be the single most physically impressive looking specimen in the country. Total freak show of a linebacker.

You're not supposed to be able to move and explode like that at that size. Instincts to match.

Thats what a special talent looks like in pads. Wow.

Looks like a 2 down linebacker in the current day NFL, he comes off the field at Clemson in nickel packages, so he's not experienced or nuanced in coverage. He's a POA thumper.

They've played him some at DE. I'd line him up more at DE. He looks like a DE. They probably would if they weren't already so deep and talented at those spots. They've recruited well along the defensive line.

Last edited:
This is what I mean when I talk about what separates a good linebacker from a great linebacker. Good linebackers make plays gap to gap, tackle to tackle. Great linebackers make plays sideline to sideline. White is lined up on the other side of the formation here - admire...

This is what I mean when I talk about what separates a good linebacker from a great linebacker. Good linebackers make plays gap to gap, tackle to tackle. Great linebackers make plays sideline to sideline. White is lined up on the other side of the formation here - admire...

That play was impressive. He's looking like a top 10 candidate. Could end up being a strong LB class coming out, depending on who declares. I'd say the fins are still in the market so that's a good thing, depending on if they actually decide to take advantage of what the draft is offering. A rarity.

I'm becoming a pretty big Cale Garrett fan as well. As of right now, those are my 2 favorites from the underclass list, not counting rush.

That play was impressive. He's looking like a top 10 candidate. Could end up being a strong LB class coming out, depending on who declares. I'd say the fins are still in the market so that's a good thing, depending on if they actually decide to take advantage of what the draft is offering. A rarity.

I'm becoming a pretty big Cale Garrett fan as well. As of right now, those are my 2 favorites from the underclass list, not counting rush.

The Dolphins will regret it if they have a chance to draft Devin White and pass. The draft is 7 months away and I'm telling you now they're idiots if they pass. It's not that hard. They make this talent acquisition thing a lot harder than it is.

Take a look at Krys Barnes for UCLA if you get a chance. I watched him take on a fullback in the hole against Colorado a week ago that was one of the most physical plays I've seen among the underclassman. That kid is an ascending talent on my board.

I've spent half an hour drafting/ erasing/ trying to explain the Dolphins or create a plan to get better and it's a mess.
They are exhausting.

When I say mess- here goes:
They have 6-8 nice young DEF players:
Minkah Baker X McCain Raek Taylor Godcheaux.
Their 2 most impactful DEF players are shot.
Reshad & Cam. Wonderful players. Type that would have brought this DEF to a top 10 unit. No more. They are on fumes.

So we pick Harris to replace Wake. FAIL.
We pay TJ for some reason. FAIL.
Robert Quinn nice pickup.
Philllips bust. Was a dog at OKL. Still a dog in NFL. Will turn it up for a contract then back to dog status.
Don't care that he can do a backflip. Don't think Reggie or Geno or Butkus or Taylor do/did backflips. How about let's watch some tape. **** the combine and measureables.

So we need a LB- DE - S CB.

On OFF-
QB- why didn't they sign Bridgewater?? 6 mill .. if he panned out Franchise him.
He can't me any worse than RT17
How they pick 2 TEs and no interior OL makes no sense
In my estimation - we can work with Tunsil and Davis. The RT is overrated and not worth the $$$ he will seek.
There are some decent your Olinemen on bench across the league. I would resign Eric Smith from Pats PS.
I would inquire about Pat Elflein and give him a look at G.
As I said it's exhausting. So many holes

Devin Bush has the traits of a special linebacker. Insane sideline to sideline speed and arrives with bad intentions. Knows how to blitz. Has really improved at the POA - not supposed to be able to do what he did to Wisconsin center Tyler Biadasz.

He's essentially becoming a 5'11" Reuben Foster - although not as good in coverage. Easily a top 50 talent.

Carter Coughlin absolutely destroyed Isaiah Prince at RT for Ohio St. Coughlin was a terror against Ohio St. all game - Prince couldn't handle him. Made Haskins day a long one.

Carter Coughlin absolutely destroyed Isaiah Prince at RT for Ohio St. Coughlin was a terror against Ohio St. all game - Prince couldn't handle him. Made Haskins day a long one.

He's been great this year. If I remember, Ohio St. recruited him. If he's a guy who knows he'll test well - looks pretty athletic - I could see him declaring. Listed at 245, so another year of strength training could solidify a higher ranking, but he already looks very good.

Most Underrated: Cale Garrett, Tyrel Dodson, Carter Coughlin, De'jon Harris, Jeffery Allison, Krys Barnes, Kyhava Tezino, Evan Weaver, Jacques Boudreax, Tipa Galea'i.

Most Overrated: None stand out as overrated. It's an underrated underclassman group of linebackers across the board in my opinion.

He's been great this year. If I remember, Ohio St. recruited him. If he's a guy who knows he'll test well - looks pretty athletic - I could see him declaring. Listed at 245, so another year of strength training could solidify a higher ranking, but he already looks very good.

How much have you notice the other kid Evan Weaver playing along side Kunaszyk at Cal? They look very similar, although Weaver may have an even quicker trigger.

How much have you notice the other kid Evan Weaver playing along side Kunaszyk at Cal? They look very similar, although Weaver may have an even quicker trigger.

Yeah, Weaver looks like the better pro prospect/better athlete. Think he declares? Those two guys are all over the field for Cal. I don't put too much stock into PFF, but they like Weaver better, too. Looking at Weaver's high school testing, he did indeed run faster than Kunaszyk - and at a higher weight. Weaver's 4.75 at 240 is pretty good for high school. Wouldn't be schocked to see him take that down to the 4.6's. Not a guarantee or anything, but when guys are already relatively big, they tend to improve their times.

Of course, Devin White's 4.57 at 260 is just crazy. He could run in the 4.4's - especially if he's closer to 250, which is where I'd think teams would want him at 6'1.

I'd love me some Devin White. Kid is special.

Tre Lamar has been getting a little better in coverage, he fooled Francious into a pick against FSU. I'd take him round 2 and let him grow and become a 3 down machine.

Back
Top Bottom